Add a new seller level: LEVEL 3

Many of us know the pain of waiting for that illusive 'Top Rated' seller level, some of us earning in excess of $20,000+, but still having the same seller rating as many who have earned $2,000 (still a fantastic achievement). 

To give some of us a little bit of reward for getting this far, perhaps a Level 3 would bridge the void between Level 2 and Top rated.

I propose that the Level 3 rating would require about 75 orders and $7,500 earnings.

Just a suggestion!

I like the idea, though I would’ve proposed to make level 3 at the TRS requirements with 20000$ and make it automatic eligibility for TRS promotion. 
so basically change TRS requirements to be level 3 seller. And on the next evaluation to be eligible to be promoted to TRS 

12 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

Many of us know the pain of waiting for that illusive 'Top Rated' seller level, some of us earning in excess of $20,000+, but still having the same seller rating as many who have earned $2,000 (still a fantastic achievement). 

To give some of us a little bit of reward for getting this far, perhaps a Level 3 would bridge the void between Level 2 and Top rated.

I propose that the Level 3 rating would require about 75 orders and $7,500 earnings.

Just a suggestion!

I like that Idea @khalifacyrusuk ! Actually I was thinking about that from the day I promoted as level two seller.

31 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I like the idea, though I would’ve proposed to make level 3 at the TRS requirements with 20000$ and make it automatic eligibility for TRS promotion. 
so basically change TRS requirements to be level 3 seller. And on the next evaluation to be eligible to be promoted to TRS 

Yep! I like this idea too. Whatever makes most sense! 🙂 

The thing is, there are already a number of buyers who mistakenly believe a Level One seller is higher/more prestigious than a Level Two seller (thinking that being number one is better than being number 2). If adding a Level 3, there probably will be buyers who think that is worse than being a one or two.

I'm not a fan of calling sellers Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum rated (as I find it a bit tacky), but that would definitely cut the possibility of confusion.

52 minutes ago, enunciator said:

The thing is, there are already a number of buyers who mistakenly believe a Level One seller is higher/more prestigious than a Level Two seller (thinking that being number one is better than being number 2). If adding a Level 3, there probably will be buyers who think that is worse than being a one or two.

I'm not a fan of calling sellers Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum rated (as I find it a bit tacky), but that would definitely cut the possibility of confusion.

This is a really good point! Perhaps there needs to be clearer details about the level system, perhaps some information about the level and what it means when buyers hover their cursor over the seller. I agree about the bronze/silver/gold etc... and I think this is definitely a more universal way of naming these levels - perhaps worth raising a new thread about this, I would support it!!

I don't really think this would be a strong argument for NOT having level 3 at all though. As you said, this issue is true regardless of level 3 or not - but this is definitely an issue worth raising! 🙂 

4 hours ago, corsogr said:

Technically, introducing a Level 3 would indeed bridge the void between Level 2 and Top Rated Seller. On the other hand a Level 3 level would reduce the value of reaching Top Rated Seller. This void exists intentionally for a good reason.

And guess what. There always will be someone who will have the idea to introduce a Level 4 to even bridge the void between Level 3 and Top Rated Seller. It can go forever.

It might be hard to get, but let it be the way it is.

Haha! I see your good point - thanks for the discussion. 🙂 

However, comparing Level 1 to Level 2 and Level 2 to TRS - this in fact devalues the people who meet the criteria for TRS but don't get it. Therefore, sellers who have not been awarded TRS get the same level of appreciation from Fiverr as Level 2s who have not been around half as long - meaning many leave the platform. It certainly would not reduce the value of TRS considerably - as this is still incredibly illusive AND you could, of course, up the requirements for TRS. 

3 hours ago, barrisam said:

A level 3 rating sounds great. They could make it $10,000 dollars. Also, i don't think it will bridge the void between level 2 and TRS badge. 

Yes, agreed. The actual numbers may change - but in principle I'm proposing level 3 addition. I know the TRS will still be illusive but it will be a positive change nonetheless. Thanks for the discussion! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Archived