My Fiverr Dance experience (4 years working on the platform)

andrewvzla_

My story on Fiverr started 4 years ago.

People like me, living in countries like Venezuela, where the base salary is not enough to survive, we began to look for alternatives to generate income through freelance work.

A friend told me about the application, which before was used mostly for "funny" jobs, "challenges" and strange questions. But the good thing is that despite everything, they paid you well and with that you could bring the bread to the table.

In parallel to these types of gigs, I was forging my career in dance, so I opened a gig that offered freestyle services to all types of songs.

It took about 1 year for my account to receive exposure, in fact I gave up and to my surprise, when I reopened it a few months later, it had a lot of messages, clicks and so on. That period of work lasted a few years.

In those years I had the joy of working with low, medium and high-end artists, who were delighted with my services.

As I progressed through Fiverr, I progressed through levels until I reached my current Level, Level 2.

I acquired a lot of experience and I was able to invest in my training as a dancer, with which at the moment I feel extremely comfortable since I have worked professionally with artists, in addition to teaching, choreographing for video clips and much more.

Thanks to Fiverr I was able to survive (and I still do) thanks to orders for so long. My revenues are around $ 4000, which for a professional dance gig is considerable.

Lately Fiverr is undermined of people who only did what I did, try to earn an extra penny to help out around the house. The thing is, they offer professional services without ever having seen dance classes. They only offer recordings with phones with good resolution and provocative outfits, in some cases.

That is unfortunate but I have to compete against these types of vendors, I will not give up and I will become the first dancer on the platform to choose to work in Fiverr Pro and Fiverr Studio.

I hope this story has motivated someone to never give up in their quest for economic independence. I am still on that journey but I am satisfied with where I am now and where I am going.

If you want to hire me or just check my gig, feel free to check my profile without hesitation and talk me about your project or any problem you have, i will help you without problem.

13 minutes ago, andrewvzla_ said:

People like me, living in countries like Venezuela, where the base salary is not enough to survive, we began to look for alternatives to generate income through freelance work.

A friend told me about the application, which before was used mostly for "funny" jobs, "challenges" and strange questions. But the good thing is that despite everything, they paid you well and with that you could bring the bread to the table.

In parallel to these types of gigs, I was forging my career in dance, so I opened a gig that offered freestyle services to all types of songs.

It took about 1 year for my account to receive exposure, in fact I gave up and to my surprise, when I reopened it a few months later, it had a lot of messages, clicks and so on. That period of work lasted a few years.

In those years I had the joy of working with low, medium and high-end artists, who were delighted with my services.

As I progressed through Fiverr, I progressed through levels until I reached my current Level, Level 2.

I acquired a lot of experience and I was able to invest in my training as a dancer, with which at the moment I feel extremely comfortable since I have worked professionally with artists, in addition to teaching, choreographing for video clips and much more.

Thanks to Fiverr I was able to survive (and I still do) thanks to orders for so long. My revenues are around $ 4000, which for a professional dance gig is considerable.

Lately Fiverr is undermined of people who only did what I did, try to earn an extra penny to help out around the house. The thing is, they offer professional services without ever having seen dance classes. They only offer recordings with phones with good resolution and provocative outfits, in some cases.

That is unfortunate but I have to compete against these types of vendors, I will not give up and I will become the first dancer on the platform to choose to work in Fiverr Pro and Fiverr Studio.

I hope this story has motivated someone to never give up in their quest for economic independence. I am still on that journey but I am satisfied with where I am now and where I am going.

If you want to hire me or just check my gig, feel free to check my profile without hesitation and talk me about your project or any problem you have, i will help you without problem.

Thanks for sharing. And best wishes.

Thank you for sharing you story and good luck with your future endeavors. 🍀

41 minutes ago, andrewvzla_ said:

I will not give up and I will become the first dancer on the platform to choose to work in Fiverr Pro

I attended an "Ask Me Anything" webinar where the question was asked about becoming a Fiverr Pro, and one important qualifier was to have gigs that started at $100 and were selling at that price. So the suggestion was to gradually raise your gig prices to that price point before applying for Fiverr Pro. 

3 hours ago, genuineguidance said:

What an inspirational story!

I am glad you have found a way to earn a living, given your country's current state of affairs. Hopefully, one day, your beautiful country will again be free.

I wish you much success!

GG

That's my most desired dream: To work on my country and that my salary is enough to live well and doing what i love.

I wish you the best!

3 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Thank you for sharing you story and good luck with your future endeavors. 🍀

I attended an "Ask Me Anything" webinar where the question was asked about becoming a Fiverr Pro, and one important qualifier was to have gigs that started at $100 and were selling at that price. So the suggestion was to gradually raise your gig prices to that price point before applying for Fiverr Pro. 

I haven't use Fiverr recently, i was on a two months break for personal problems.

So, i have to start from scratch, building my gig up and for that, i have to lower my prices. But i will raise them up, they will be yet cheaper than most of the gigs in terms on dancing content.

Thanks for the advice!

21 hours ago, andrewvzla_ said:

Heyy Good Luck! You have a really solid dedication, never let it die, keep going forword!

Archived