Fraud Chargebacks

letsdo1

Question

Hello

A buyer contacted me on requesting a 24-hour turnaround on a gig.  Which I agreed to and actually delivered in 12 hours and marked as delivered (as stated on my page)

I didn't heard anything back from them and 5 days later, the gig is marked as cancelled

THE BUYER CANCELLED THIS ORDER AND FUNDS WERE RETURNED TO THEIR BALANCE.

At the exact same time, the order was marked as cancelled, I received an email from Fiverr stating:

------

You just got refunded for a canceled order

Good news! Your revenues for the canceled order by X due to a dispute were returned to your account, without affecting your cancellation rate.

You can withdraw these funds from your account after a safety period of 7 days.

-----

On the app it also stated "You were compensated for your canceled order"

I'm really unclear what's going on as it looks like the buyer issued as chargeback which was approved and at the same time Fiverr have said it wasn't valid and the money has returned.  But it hasn't yet (maybe it will do in 7 days).  It's just weird I received all the messages at the same time.

(Obviously I know what the buyer has tried to do here but I'm not entering that at this stage)

5 answers to this question

Thanks - I did already.

Often my questions on Fiverr are more to do with their actions rather than their solutions.

For example

• "You've been compensated" - what does that mean?  Strange terminology
  • They email about my cancelled order, but I never received individual notice it had been cancelled
  • At 14:50, the cancellation was applied and at 14:50, the email fraud chargeback arrived.  Why cancel the order and then reapply it back at the same time.

With Fiverr, it's more about their odd behaviour / ways of working that just confuses me.

I see. In that case, I'm not sure anyone on the forums can answer you. Fiverr's behavior is often strange, even when it is outlined in the ToS or help pages. 

Concerning your examples, you could try contacting Customer Support, but the chances of getting a satisfactory response (if any response at all) are probably pretty slim. They'd probably just direct you to the same help page.

If you don't mind a random stranger's thoughts, though, I'd guess that 'compensate' is probably pretty standard dictionary definition. Fiverr is coving the loss. The email might have been held back from release, but I would suggest checking your spam folder, just in case you missed a previous email. Cancellation and reapplication possibly happened simultaneously if the Buyer has tried to do chargebacks before, and was found fraudulent. Not much Fiverr can do but compensate, especially if there are multiple Sellers affected and all services were properly rendered.

I had something like this before - a buyer did a PayPal chargeback because they didn't like the video I sent.

Just be patient - Fiverr works it out in the end and then adds the money to your pending clearance (from the date the order was accepted). I know its stressful and very confusing but, from my experience, since these things are automated, give it some time for it to sort itself out! 🙂 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:52 PM, imagination7413 said:

I see. In that case, I'm not sure anyone on the forums can answer you. Fiverr's behavior is often strange, even when it is outlined in the ToS or help pages. 

Concerning your examples, you could try contacting Customer Support, but the chances of getting a satisfactory response (if any response at all) are probably pretty slim. They'd probably just direct you to the same help page.

If you don't mind a random stranger's thoughts, though, I'd guess that 'compensate' is probably pretty standard dictionary definition. Fiverr is coving the loss. The email might have been held back from release, but I would suggest checking your spam folder, just in case you missed a previous email. Cancellation and reapplication possibly happened simultaneously if the Buyer has tried to do chargebacks before, and was found fraudulent. Not much Fiverr can do but compensate, especially if there are multiple Sellers affected and all services were properly rendered.

Thanks.  Your message makes sense but I'd put it down to just Fiverr being Fiverr.

It was the buyer's first purchase and I didn't have any other comms from Fiverr on the dispute.  Not the first time they've done something affecting me but not bothered to tell me (then can't explain any more).

Thanks

Archived