Buyer Behaviour

imranhossainbpp

Its a very interesting story.

A buyer knocked me with a HTML website and tell me convert that into WordPress. I checked the site, and found at least 35 bugs there. Even the codes were terrifying. so i suggested the buyer to rebuild this site and also informed " the person who built this site has no idea about coding ". buyer blocked or reported me. i was shocked. Then suddenly realised the person who built that horrible site was the buyer himself 😄

I was speechless and didnt even realise that what i will do. does anyone faced that same issue. what would you do in that situation ?

I don't know anything about coding or HTML but i do know about courtesy.

Although it is always great to point out mistakes,you should always do it in a compassionate way.

I recently had a buyer who has an alternative therapy clinic.They wanted me to rewrite their acupuncture and cupping articles.I did that,sent back the work and checked out their website because they had sent me the original posts upon request.

Their  writing was terrible to say the least.Instead of calling her out on it,like you did, I politely asked her if  I could rewrite all of her posts.

wanna guess their response?

1 hour ago, jackypaula said:

I don't know anything about coding or HTML but i do know about courtesy.

Although it is always great to point out mistakes,you should always do it in a compassionate way.

I recently had a buyer who has an alternative therapy clinic.They wanted me to rewrite their acupuncture and cupping articles.I did that,sent back the work and checked out their website because they had sent me the original posts upon request.

Their  writing was terrible to say the least.Instead of calling her out on it,like you did, I politely asked her if  I could rewrite all of her posts.

wanna guess their response?

What was their response ?

🙂

8 hours ago, imranhossainbpp said:

i was shocked.

Why were you shocked? That's like going into Weight Watchers, looking for professional help, and them, instead of saying, "Yes we can certainly help you lose the weight you'd like", they say, "Yeah, you are a huge disgusting fatass, sign here, Tubby."  Had being nice to customers, not occurred to you. 

You could have handled this better. You should have stopped at pointing out the bugs and the work involved to get him a better site. You didn't have to call out the other developer. Even if buyer wasn't the one who built the site, i doesn't look good on you when you try to bring others down.

1 hour ago, barrisam said:

You didn't have to call out the other developer. Even if buyer wasn't the one who built the site, i doesn't look good on you when you try to bring others down.

Oh, yes, sometimes you not only need to, you must! It's simply heartbreaking to see how some sellers just take advantage of the good faith of their buyers and fool them.

Many times I've had to tell some of my buyers that they were scammed by whoever they hired for translating their files, and that those sellers used Google translate, or any other sort of software, to deliver "professional manual" translations. All of my buyers have been grateful to me for letting them know. 

2 hours ago, barrisam said:

you didn't have to call out the other developer.

Recently I got an article proofreading order from a country where both French and English are spoken. Documents that are done with google translate are very obvious as google places synonyms for words in places they do not belong. Inoticed this oddity immeditly, but because it was a direct order for a decent amount I did not want to cancel.

The buyer came back and wanted a revison because she wanted the tone to be more casual, not proffesional. I told her that the tone was her writer's job, not mine as a proofreader. But I would put simpler words in for the more "professioal" words. 

Then with the redelivery I noted that the article was difficult to work with and I suspected it was done using google translate. Plus, if they had paid someone to write the article for them maybe they should choose a different writer in the future as the English in this article was poor. 

The buyer replied that it indeed had been run through google translate. Also, it had been written by a person in the office who indeed did not speak English but spoke French and was known for being loquacious. Furthermore, they even had a bulletin board in thier office listing all of the new words she had used in here writing! 😆 

Then the buyer asked if she had the writer change the tone and vocabulary used in the articles would I do more work for them. I said I would and the subsequent articles have been written more casualy and with less 'big' words and there have been many of them! 

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Do you first ask something, like "who built this for you"? Just so you don't insult the person holding the credit card?  

No, I don't. I just send my buyers a very nice and polite message letting them know what I came across while checking their files before I start working on their orders, and what I'll have to deal with.

1 hour ago, maitasun said:

I just send my buyers a very nice and polite message letting them know what I came across while checking their files before I start working on their orders, and what I'll have to deal with.

I need to do that when I suspect google translated orders. 

''he person who built that horrible site was the buyer himself''  - i read and watch it. 

Actually there are few people they want to do everything by himself. its ok, but Hiring a professional is more important to make a proper step. They ignore it, most of the time they made bad trap for their own!! that's why everyone needs professional and skilled people for the job. Don't worry man, Hope you will get more just Waite. have a good day.

12 minutes ago, farhadsabuj said:

but Hiring a professional is more important to make a proper step.

I think you are missing the point. The buyer was trying to hire a professional. This thread is about the fact that during that process, the seller was rude to the buyer, who promptly told the seller where he could stick his offer.  It's about being polite, and not rude to customers, and the fact that OP was actually shocked by it all. 

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

I think you are missing the point. The buyer was trying to hire a professional. This thread is about the fact that during that process, the seller was rude to the buyer, who promptly told the seller where he could stick his offer.  It's about being polite, and not rude to customers, and the fact that OP was actually shocked by it all. 

Absolutely . I am agree with this point. Thanks.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:11 PM, maitasun said:

Oh, yes, sometimes you not only need to, you must!

Well, you do what you have to do, the buyer will also do what he has to do. But most importantly, your approach matters.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, newsmike said:

I totally agree with this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, barrisam said:

You could have handled this better. You should have stopped at pointing out the bugs and the work involved to get him a better site. You didn't have to call out the other developer. Even if buyer wasn't the one who built the site, i doesn't look good on you when you try to bring others down.

Got you 🙂

Archived