Can I get order from the forum?

mithusarkar

Undoubtedly forum helps everyone in every aspect but I want to know how many helpful ways are there for one to start or increase GIG sales through forum?
Do buyers are also engaged in forum topics?
Is there any different forum for buyers too?
Please if there anyone to enlighten me as well as others too.
Thank you. Have a nice time ahead. 🙂

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, mithusarkar said:

how many helpful ways are there for one to start or increase GIG sales through forum?

You can advertise in ‘My Fiverr Gigs’. Beyond that, don’t get your hopes up. 😉 

Ideal for finding out new information though, and helping others. 

• Like 23
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

• 10 months later...

Hi sh_services

I think it depends on what kind of services one offers on Fiverr. My experience mainly with my first Voice-Over Gig a few years ago that is now paused due to overbooking in “real life”, is that yes, contribution to this Forum does help increase sales.

What is most important though, is that one can learn a lot in this Forum by reading and/or discussing issues and new ideas. Both as a seller and a buyer, during a few years I have learned how to make my “business” better. And that is something that can lead to the increase of sales!

all the best with your gigs
happyspace

• Like 10

It CAN help at times.
It does give you some level of exposure.

In fact I did buy a gig from this one seller because I saw her here at the forum, AND she had a very good gig.

Bottom line is, whether you get exposure or not, you must have a good gig. 🙂 

• Like 18
  • Up 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

no, No, NO

And in case you just missed it N.O.

There is no official relationship between activity on this forum and Fiverr Gigs. At all.

There is coincidence. And there is a slight chance that the female (and perhaps 10% of the male) freelancers here think you are cute and want to learn a bit more about you. Oh and competitors.

Keep your eyes on your work - and the pretty ladies (or boys, as I ain’t judgey)

🙂

• Like 16

As said, there is no correlation between posting here (which, most post a lot of nonsense and bad advice) and your Gig getting impressions or clicks. I suppose if you post your Gig link in “My Fiverr Gigs” or “Improve My Gig”, people may click to see what you offer or to critique your Gig and give you pointers which would raise those metrics, but being active on the forum is highly unlikely to get you orders - and that is what is important - not impressions or clicks.

GG

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

I think the poll is only for generate opinion. How do I know if I have received an order from the forum?

You know because the buyer will say something about seeing you on the Fiverr Forum and checking out your profile. At least that is what happened with me. But I have been here 4 years and only got 2 orders from the Forum.

Plus there is one seller here that I order from. She is the artist who created my profile picture. I learned about her from a recommendation from another seller in a pm group I was once a part of.

• Like 13

Are there buyers who frequent and use the forum? Yes.

Is the forum a place for buyers to discover sellers and place orders due to forum interaction? Very very rarely.

The forum is predominantly occupied with (desperate) sellers or people who simply like to interact and share stories/experiences/advice/humorous insights with other freelancers.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

You know because the buyer will say something about seeing you on the Fiverr Forum and checking out your profile. At least that is what happened with me. But I have been here 4 years and only got 2 orders from the Forum.

Plus there is one seller here that I order from. She is the artist who created my profile picture. I learned about her from a recommendation from another seller in a pm group I was once a part of.

Yes, It can happen. But that hasn’t happened to me yet. Thanks for the valuable information. Now I am clear in this topic.

• Like 9

Is it true that people get a lot of potential buyers just by replying and helping people and building a reputation in the forums?

Is it true that people get a lot of potential buyers just by replying and helping people and building a reputation in the forums?

Could anyone help me understand what’s all behind this?

Could anyone help me understand what’s all behind this?

• Like 28
  • Up 1