Can I use personal website link in my profile converted section?

shaamim

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If that website allows others to find you and contact you outside of Fiverr, that would be a ToS violation.

Can you give me any Fiverr reference in your Quote's?

and i have seen A forum member use her social media profile link.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, shaamim said:

Can you give me any Fiverr reference in your Quote's?

Read Fiverr's Terms of Service: contact outside of Fiverr is strictly forbidden unless necessary to fulfill the order (and when it is necessary, contact information must be exchanged on the order page). And if contact outside of Fiverr isn't allowed, giving random Fiverr visitors your contact information through your profile, a forum post, and so on, is highly unlikely to be allowed.

2 hours ago, shaamim said:

i have seen A forum member use her social media profile link.

I've seen plenty of people break the rules. And then we sometimes see them crying on the forum that they were banned for no reason.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Read Fiverr's Terms of Service: contact outside of Fiverr is strictly forbidden unless necessary to fulfill the order (and when it is necessary, contact information must be exchanged on the order page). And if contact outside of Fiverr isn't allowed, giving random Fiverr visitors your contact information through your profile, a forum post, and so on, is highly unlikely to be allowed.

I've seen plenty of people break the rules. And then we sometimes see them crying on the forum that they were banned for no reason.

I know Fiverr's Terms of Service, It's a forum. I want to know it's allow to put in personal website link in my forum profile!

Do you understand my point?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, catwriter said:

It's Fiverr's forum. If they don't allow you to share your personal website on the main site, what makes you think they'd allow it here?

Maybe No.

ok thank you so much for your information.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, catwriter said:

It's Fiverr's forum. If they don't allow you to share your personal website on the main site, what makes you think they'd allow it here?

I do get where he is coming from though, as this is a part one can fill out when they go to their profile on the forum (not their Fiverr profile on the Fiverr site) - seems a bit contradictory to have this as part of the forum and profile on the forum if Fiverr does not want you to fill it out. I can see where it would be confusing. I did not put my personal site in there as I do not need forum "visitors" bugging me on my Live Chat I have on my site asking how to get orders. I have had forum "visitors" find my site and message me on my chat asking for help on Fiverr.

But anyways, I get why he is asking.

GG

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, genuineguidance said:

seems a bit contradictory to have this as part of the forum and profile on the forum if Fiverr does not want you to fill it out.

Not really contradictory, it's just something that comes with the forum that Fiverr is currently using, not something that was designed by Fiverr. Plus it's not forbidden to fill it out, it just can't be something that would lead people outside of Fiverr (like someone's personal website that would allow visitors to contact and hire that person directly); it's perfectly fine to fill it out with the link to the their Fiverr profile.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, catwriter said:

link to the their Fiverr profile.

The problem is, much like the guy above, some will see it as an invitation to put their own site or social media address. I realize since the software or wherever this forum is hosted cannot be adjusted perhaps - that space would have been better to say, "Your Fiverr Gig Link" instead.

But, I do still get where some could get confused or think it is OK to put their own site URL there.

GG

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Suddenly I saw a notifcation on my fiverr app. But i kept it for read later as I was busy. But now It's disappeard. Do you have any idea on this? It was something realted to coupon code for potential something? I can't remember for good.

Thanks