Asking buyer to Rate

My client only accepted the delivery without giving any feedback. Is it ok if I message the client "Kindly rate and review the order as well when you find time. Thanks for your order" or is it against Fiverr rules and I might get warning for this?

• Like 1

Please to NOT do this. It is against the rules to ask for reviews. Reviews are voluntary, and sellers are not entitled to them. If a buyer leaves a review, great! If not, don't worry about it. Move on to the next order.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, roshan_101 said:

My client only accepted the delivery without giving any feedback. Is it ok if I message the client "Kindly rate and review the order as well when you find time. Thanks for your order" or is it against Fiverr rules and I might get warning for this?

By asking review to buyer you will get warning by fiverr as it's against TOS. 

It's better to let the buyer go cause fiverr remind the buyer more than once to leave a review. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

In addition to what has already been said, I, as a buyer who has purchased more than 200 services on Fiverr, really, really hate being asked for a review. Even the most carefully written message seems like guilt-tripping and/or begging, and I do not like that. Worst case, you will also get spammed by sellers asking you to review, and they will not stop until you either give them one or tell them to shut it. I usually go with the latter option.

I will leave you a review if I want to. If I don't want to, you won't get one. It's as simple as that. Fiverr already reminds me to leave one several times, so I don't need your reminder as well.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, shadiya646 said:

By asking review to buyer you will get warning by fiverr as it's against TOS. 

It's better to let the buyer go cause fiverr remind the buyer more than once to leave a review. 

Thanks SHADIYA I didn't knew this. I think i read somewhere on forums that this is not against TOS coz we are not asking them to leave good review we are just asking to review thats why i thought to ask on forums

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vibronx said:

In addition to what has already been said, I, as a buyer who has purchased more than 200 services on Fiverr, really, really hate being asked for a review. Even the most carefully written message seems like guilt-tripping, and I do not like that. Worst case, you will also get spammed by sellers asking you to review, and they will not stop until you either give them one or tell them to shut it. I usually go with the second option.

Thanks a lot this really helps us to understand what the client thinks about this Thanks a lot Vibronx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roshan_101 said:

I think i read somewhere on forums that this is not against TOS coz we are not asking them to leave good review we are just asking to review

Whomever wrote that -- wherever you saw it -- was giving bad advice. You cannot ask for any kind of review. Period. Exclamation point. End of story.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, roshan_101 said:

No, you could be penalized for harassing the buyer for a review. My advice is that every time you submit a job, add to the description of everything you are submitting something like "Don't forget to rate your experience with the service" This way you are only reminding and suggesting but not chasing them to do so. It gives me very good results because since I started I had 33 sales and only 2 times I have not received a rating.

One of them was because the buyer disappeared since placing the order and appeared a week later. And the other because the buyer could not upload the file at the time and I had to help him in the following days and I suppose that as the days went by he forgot and I no longer reminded him.

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 2

now I already messaged the client with this Message "If you find time kindly rate and review the order as well Thanks" Should I Inform the Fiverr support that i didn't knew about this or I just leave it to my Luck?

3 minutes ago, roshan_101 said:

Should I Inform the Fiverr support that i didn't knew about this or I just leave it to my Luck?

Good luck! Following the advice of members here would have been better than going ahead and messaging the client. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roshan_101 said:

now I already messaged the client with this Message "If you find time kindly rate and review the order as well Thanks" Should I Inform the Fiverr support that i didn't knew about this or I just leave it to my Luck?

Don't do this again. and never never use this word (review ) anymore in you Fiverr life because violate TOS. 

And if you said this "If you find time kindly rate and review the order as well Thanks" in order box then Fiverr review your conversion.  don't worry. but never do it.

After initial few reviews it will become bit meaningless. So don't bother to ask. It's better. You don't know how they rate anything right ? Some people rate only absolute best for 5 and usually 4.5 is in their mind is the good rating. 

8 minutes ago, roshan_101 said:

You shouldn't have sent him a message. We are explaining that it could harm you to do that. You can do this as a reminder when delivering the sale but you can't harass him if he closed the order and hasn't qualified. Maybe you are lucky and the client does not mind your insistence and nothing happens but you should know that you cannot do that and that at some point it will harm you with someone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

You shouldn't have sent him a message. We are explaining that it could harm you to do that. You can do this as a reminder when delivering the sale but you can't harass him if he closed the order and hasn't qualified. Maybe you are lucky and the client does not mind your insistence and nothing happens but you should know that you cannot do that and that at some point it will harm you with someone.

I will never do this again actually i messaged her and then i thought is it really legal or not and then i posted the question
I will remember your advice and do accordingly
I have more than 190 sales so it should not matter to me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roshan_101 said:

Should I Inform the Fiverr support that i didn't knew about this or I just leave it to my Luck?

Why would you "tell on" yourself?

Leave it be. Leave Fiverr out of it.

Consider yourself lucky if you do not receive a warning for sending this message to the buyer. And, as others have said, just leave any "reminder" to review or rate you out of your vernacular from now on. Even though some in the thread say they ask for a review (in some round about way), it is too risky to mention. I used to put it in my delivery note that if they wish, leave feedback as it helps other buyers when deciding who to choose to order with (something like that) but I omitted it when people starting getting warnings for review solicitation.

GG

• Like 1