UNSUITABLE BUYERS

teachernita

As a seller, I can make my own terms and conditions of service, create my own pricing according to what I feel is fair, and conduct the selling of my gig, revisions and so forth, how I would like them to run.

But unfortunately, although there are top quality buyers (I have a few who have bought my services), there are also buyers who come onto Fiverr to scam and to try and get very low prices for work that takes hours to do.  I wonder whether they think the name 'Fiverr' means $5, and this is a site where they automatically get cheap services?  It is highly annoying!

Why do we work on Fiverr?  Why does anyone do freelancer work?  To make an income!  If this income is not sufficient, we are not going to succeed.  Not only this, but we are going to be unsatisfied working on Fiverr.  So why are there sellers  working for  ridiculous amounts of money?????  They are encouraging unsuitable buyers and they are lowering Fiverr's quality!  

What are your views?

5 minutes ago, teachernita said:

So why are there sellers  working for  ridiculous amounts of money?????

Many sellers voluntarily work for a pittance, because they are too afraid to value their work, and charge what they are worth. That is a mindset issue they need to resolve, in their own heads. Other sellers take risks -- as any good businessman/woman does. Risk drives success. While many sellers are afraid to take risks, and may never complete more than two orders, other sellers forge ahead, and learn how to earn hundreds, even thousands, of repeated orders, for far higher prices. 

I'll let you in on a little secret (that really isn't a secret at all): Fiverr likes the bold, risk-taking doer sellers, who value their work, and are willing to brave the higher prices, because higher seller prices, means more revenue for Fiverr too. 

1 hour ago, teachernita said:

As a seller, I can make my own terms and conditions of service, create my own pricing according to what I feel is fair, and conduct the selling of my gig, revisions and so forth, how I would like them to run.

But unfortunately, although there are top quality buyers (I have a few who have bought my services), there are also buyers who come onto Fiverr to scam and to try and get very low prices for work that takes hours to do.  I wonder whether they think the name 'Fiverr' means $5, and this is a site where they automatically get cheap services?  It is highly annoying!

Why do we work on Fiverr?  Why does anyone do freelancer work?  To make an income!  If this income is not sufficient, we are not going to succeed.  Not only this, but we are going to be unsatisfied working on Fiverr.  So why are there sellers  working for  ridiculous amounts of money?????  They are encouraging unsuitable buyers and they are lowering Fiverr's quality!  

What are your views?

I am new to Fiverr but I have seen a lot of sellers selling their services for 5$ even though they are taking 2/3 days to complete. In my opinion that's not worth it. Hours and days of work and earning so little is really demotivating. I feel like the reason they sell for 5$ is because they are trying to get early reviews faster? 
What's really annoying is some buyers now think that an eCommerce site of 5 pages cost only 5$

Archived