my account temporarily restricted and under review as i was unable to verify my ID

rahela

Question

So as of last one month or so, i wasn't getting orders at all after my first order since three-four back just clicks and impression. i came on this platform for suggestions, explained, asked what i was doing wrong, shared my gig link and all. i got responses from some that viewed my gig telling me on how i could improve to start getting orders. I applied all those suggestions. Then almost immediately i started getting messages and the next day i had one order and the following also. lets just say ever since i have been busy delivering orders an within that month i made over $200. i want to thank those that helped me with their suggestions. As the money was increasing i got a notification from fiverr to verify my ID. I wish i could have researched how it was been done properly. i tried severally to verify but they couldn't. Now the only problem i am having is that fiverr restricted my account as i was not able to verify my ID in as much they gave me several chances to try again i kept failing. Now my account is currently restricted and under review. Please does anyone have an idea of how long it will take.? Plus will i ever get my account back? its over two weeks now since i couldn't verify my ID.   

Edited by rahela
forget to write some things
  • Like 13

7 answers to this question

Hi Rahela. I faced the same issue. I think it took a day or two to get things sorted.

After three failed attempts my account got restricted and I contacted CS. They gave me additional two tries and it failed. 

After the third try it went through for me. I made sure the picture quality was good (all the letters in your document must be clear and readable). 

All in all it took I think less than two days. Some of my gigs stats got affected and it took a hit but over time it got okay.

I know you must be terribly worried but if all your documents are in order, you will definitely get your account back. How many attempts CS already gave you and what is the reason it shows for your docs not getting verified?

• Like 13

22 hours ago, afarigh said:

Hi Rahela. I faced the same issue. I think it took a day or two to get things sorted.

After three failed attempts my account got restricted and I contacted CS. They gave me additional two tries and it failed. 

After the third try it went through for me. I made sure the picture quality was good (all the letters in your document must be clear and readable). 

All in all it took I think less than two days. Some of my gigs stats got affected and it took a hit but over time it got okay.

I know you must be terribly worried but if all your documents are in order, you will definitely get your account back. How many attempts CS already gave you and what is the reason it shows for your docs not getting verified?

Thank you. They gave me two. But when I asked for one more attempt I was told they won’t again that my account will be under review for the main time. I have been using my national ID slip that’s why it has been failing. When I got the necessary ID to try again, that was when I was told they won’t give any more trial. 

• Like 10

Guest bradengelbrecht

Hello there

I'm currently facing a similar situation and had the same question last week.

As mentioned earlier, I wasn't aware of the consequences of failing to verify my identity. I initially attempted to verify my ID twice, but both attempts failed. On the last attempt, it seemed like the photo I submitted was going to be accepted but it kept loading without any result. When I went back to try again, I received a message informing me that my account is now restricted because Fiverr couldn't verify my ID. This happened about two weeks ago and I immediately contacted Customer Service thereafter. They replied, but told me they couldn't offer assistance with this matter and forwarded it to the relevant team for review, mentioning that it might take up to 120 days for a decision regarding my account status.

I am therefore quite surprised to learn that others who contacted CS service about this issue were granted another chance to verify their ID, as I did not have the same experience. I am still waiting for a response and this is a very unpleasant situation, especially considering the fact that I have been on the platform for about a month and that this occurred right after I had my first order. This has left me just as frustrated as others who had to deal with the same thing, and I am now unsure of what to do going forward...

However, I'm wondering if it would be advisable to close my current account and create a new one from scratch, or should I just wait it out and hope for an update?

I greatly appreciate any advice and thoughts if someone could maybe provide additional information on this.