I have a new fan!

visualstudios

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Indeed. And when you take a look at that member's profile, you can see that they've joined the forum yesterday, and already got a high forum rank (Proficient, 10/15).

Very few if any of the posts add value to the forum. That is why it has become not fit for purpose.

There has got to be time spent factored in somewhere!

20 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I like seeing who is 👀 in on my profile. It is 👁 opening sometimes! 

Haha same! It's always interesting to see who's stalking you 🤪

Also, I noticed that you got the Proficient Copy badge- congrats! You've reached the top of the Forum ladder (through a good way) 😁

19 hours ago, captainwarlord said:

Maybe a bit of "pulling a leg",

You don't pull a leg of strangers, Just like you don't call people, "brother - sister - mam- sir" you dont know !

23 hours ago, visualstudios said:

This is publicly available information. Anyone can click my profile and see who liked what

This may be public but not every one would visit your profile to see whats happening with it, I didn't know until you posted !

This would be embracing for the guy who liked your comments ! One guy already mentioned him in thread..

There should not be anything wrong if someone liking your comments, you don't know how he's looking at you may be he's really liking your replies ?

I see it as shaming just like @corsogr said !

8 minutes ago, captainwarlord said:

Don't be cringey, my brother. "Sir" and "Madam" are the polite salutations (? - I'm not sure this is right, but Google says so) you use for men and women, in particular those considerably older than you. Take your outdated and narrow-minded views somewhere else.

Hmmm !

so you didn’t get the taunt here !

But I am glad you shout out loud that what google says ! Thats what we kept saying here all around and gave up at last !

@captainwarlord I am assume you are still not following !

A couple of years ago I accidentally call someone sir and I was in trouble !

In that sense, If thats what we don't do, This is absolutely what we should not do ! ( the pulling leg of stangers thing )

I have seen people saying, “ Dont call me brother - I am not your brother” ! But we still pull leg ? 🤔🤔

29 minutes ago, captainwarlord said:

"Sir" and "Madam" are the polite salutations (? - I'm not sure salutations* is right, but Google says so) you use for men and women, in particular those considerably older than you. Take your outdated and narrow-minded views somewhere else.

Well, I always refer to @mjensen415 as Mr. Jensen. 🙈😂

On 7/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, visualstudios said:

But seriously, this is a bit ridiculous - once in a while, I get a bunch of notifications from a single person liking all my (sometimes very old) posts across different threads. Do they just go around liking everything, and I'm just caught in the middle? Or are they following my profile to see my specific comments and like them all? Because both are really worrying, tbh, but the first is downright impressive - for me to get this many notifications, these people must work 24/7 liking thousands of posts.

I think this guy wouldn't heart you like reporting etc..

4 hours ago, genuineguidance said:

I have to wonder if this guy chastising here knows what "pulling one's leg" even means.

It is not a bad thing.

Lighten up.

GG

I wonder if you made up your own "Meaning" of "Pulling Leg" !

Then I am sorry I don't know ! GG !!!

On 7/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, surajrenuka said:

I wonder if you made up your own "Meaning" of "Pulling Leg" !

I didn't "make up" anything. This is a common phrase in the U.S. Just like there is a phrase here for those of us who were in the theater: "Break a leg". Now, we do not mean to actually go out on stage and fall off of it so that you break your leg - it just means, "good luck".

Pulling one's leg is akin to "ribbing" someone - joking with someone, misleading them, but in a lighthearted, fun manner.

I do not make anything up. I am quite serious.

gg

On 7/14/2021 at 5:32 AM, visualstudios said:

but the first is downright impressive - for me to get this many notifications, these people must work 24/7 liking thousands of posts.

Ah! So that's how to keep yourself awake while staying online 24/7, and "rank your (forum) profile" while you're at it, serial liking. 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:32 PM, visualstudios said:

But seriously, this is a bit ridiculous - once in a while, I get a bunch of notifications from a single person liking all my (sometimes very old) posts across different threads. Do they just go around liking everything, and I'm just caught in the middle? Or are they following my profile to see my specific comments and like them all? Because both are really worrying, tbh, but the first is downright impressive - for me to get this many notifications, these people must work 24/7 liking thousands of posts.

I love your fun

Archived