I have a new fan!

But seriously, this is a bit ridiculous - once in a while, I get a bunch of notifications from a single person liking all my (sometimes very old) posts across different threads. Do they just go around liking everything, and I'm just caught in the middle? Or are they following my profile to see my specific comments and like them all? Because both are really worrying, tbh, but the first is downright impressive - for me to get this many notifications, these people must work 24/7 liking thousands of posts.

• Like 11
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 1

I will go to my friends’ profiles and see and read the threads they post in. That is easier for me than trying to wade through all of the forum’s posts. But I only do that through my friends profiles. I do not pick out anybody random. Now I have to go see if that user is a fan of mine too. 🤔

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

I am just a forum member. 

My opinion would be that that it would be best not to name the poster.

Ok - For some reason I thought that you knew more about this specific topic.

I believe it's not allowed and at the same time I wasn't surprised to see supposedly experienced members continue posting like nothing happened.

Edited by corsogr
  • Like 1

I didn't bother checking, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had the same fan.

BTW I decided to start my day with a nice cream cheese blueberry muffin and coffee.

Ya'll have a good day.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not see who my fans are, because I do not have my notification settings set to where I see who reacted to my posts

@vickiespencerCould you tell me what the forum guidelines have to say about sharing publicly a screenshot and shaming another member without concealing identity? Thank you.

@uk1000Maybe you can help if you know about this? Thank you.

Edited by corsogr

16 minutes ago, corsogr said:

@vickiespencerCould you tell me what the forum guidelines have to say about sharing publicly a screenshot and shaming another member without concealing identity? Thank you.

I never argue with @lloydsolutions. She knows her stuff! ⬇️

1 hour ago, lloydsolutions said:

My opinion would be that it would be best not to name the poster.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

This is publicly available information. Anyone can click my profile and see who liked what, when, and how much. I'm not releasing any private information, unlike a screenshot of a direct message or order from Fiverr. This is equivalent to using the @ function to address someone in the forum. You're calling someone out, but it's all available information, in the open. There's nothing against that in the rules.

If you don't like it, don't interact with the forum. Otherwise, everyone can see what you react to, write, etc. In a screenshot or otherwise.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

This is publicly available information. Anyone can click my profile and see who liked what, when, and how much. I'm not releasing any private information, unlike a screenshot of a direct message or order from Fiverr.

Indeed. And when you take a look at that member's profile, you can see that they've joined the forum yesterday, and already got a high forum rank (Proficient, 10/15). 76 posts (since yesterday!!!), and many, many, many reactions.

Considering that you're just a Collaborator, perhaps you should admire your fan and learn from them? 🤣 I mean, what they've done is quite an achievement. A completely useless achievement, but if it makes them happy, who are we to judge?

• Like 4
  • Haha 9