Fiverr Payment - Potential feelgood improvements

m_manke

I remember reading a post some time ago regarding payment on fiverr and the feeling that, as a seller, you are getting ripped off (to put it harshly).

Many responses were along the lines of "that attitude is ungrateful" considering all that fiverr is doing/offering for sellers. I agree.

Nevertheless I couldn't help but notice this feeling of unfairness when I earn "only" 80% of the gig price and if I actually want to withdraw that money, there are subtractions once more. (I happen to withdraw it in euros, so perhaps that wouldn't happen otherwise)

So it just dawned on me that the reason for the feeling of "this is unfair" is not, that we as sellers want more money, but rather that we want the money we have put as the price of the gig and the amount it says at the top of the page. At the same time the reason behind "that attitude is ungrateful" is: fiverr deserves compensation/a share for what they contribute.

My suggestion therefore is this: Make the buyer pay the 20% more without the seller knowing/seeing it. Additionally it would be nice to have the amount at the top reflect the minimum that the buyer would get if everything was withdrawn, but I suppose that is a rather small factor, since probably you don't withdraw too often.

If this would mess up things too much it would be nice to at least implement a feature, that the amount the seller sees gets more or less instantly changed (or at least that there's the option to activate this feature) so that the feeling of getting 100% can be manufactured, even though nothing actually changes. Especially for people starting out I think this could be a massive improvement as far as motivation is concerned, so I hope I've outlined a fair potential solution.

So just to make it absolutely clear: Everything is fair and great, I am talking simply on a psychological/emotional level about the way it is percieved.

Archived