750$ order with contract

lijo_johnson

Question

A buyer came to my inbox through 'buyer request' and she explained that she want a professional video editor to edit some of her projects. 

After that she sent a contract form to sign.

I was wondering.. why? She is saying that she could only reveal more about the project only after the contract sign.

Is this a spam? I'm really confused.

Please help.

25 answers to this question

Just now, lijo_johnson said:

They can't show me anything about the files but they want me to edit it 

NDA's can be legitimate.  I've had a few instances where they were launching a new product and didn't want leaks about it, but they are really very rare. The bigger issue is that she is asking for a condition of sale that violates TOS.  She is setting you up to eat the steak, and then demand a refund.  

This is fiver and fiver have TOS. we can not agree with terms other than fiver TOS. 

All buyers and sellers must agreed to the fiver TOS only to do bushiness with fiver.

Yes, I politely declined their project but they are forcing me to do this, I think that need to block them.

May be they do not have a idea about fiver Terms. You can send the below link and tell them this is the term you can agree with to process the order.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

59 minutes ago, sandrahougnton said:

You can do it on fiverr but do not go out of fiverr. Tell him to order on fiverr and then start working. Be ware of this kind of buyer

That's not the issue.The issue is whether  an order  of 750$ is worth the madness tha comes with unlimited revisions and impending cancellation.

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

Stay away from this. Just politely decline that you can't work with those terms. Sounds like a terrible buyer to be honest hahahaha

This buyer was trying to be sleek hahaha

Block them now!

Give yourself peace of mind.

23 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

In that contract they quoted that *unlimited revisions

*They have the right to cancel the order if they don't like the output.

I too bring back half eaten groceries to the store that I did not enjoy. Sounds like a trap to me 😄

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

After you decline to work with them, just block them. Not worth going into further conversation with them. Imagine working X hours on a supposed $750 worth video output just to get it cancelled because they didn't like it. And they keep the copy you've made, which they could still end up using. 

True! 

2 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

Yes, I politely declined their project but they are forcing me to do this, I think that need to block them.

After you decline to work with them, just block them. Not worth going into further conversation with them. Imagine working X hours on a supposed $750 worth video output just to get it cancelled because they didn't like it. And they keep the copy you've made, which they could still end up using. 

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

That is in conflict with TOS, which states. “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page."

Avoid this buyer. 

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Stay away from this. Just politely decline that you can't work with those terms. Sounds like a terrible buyer to be honest hahahaha

Really strange right?

They can't show me anything about the files but they want me to edit it 

I was like 'what??' 😁 

7 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

They have the right to cancel the order if they don't like the output.

That is in conflict with TOS, which states. “Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page."

Avoid this buyer. 

1 minute ago, lijo_johnson said:

In that contract they quoted that *unlimited revisions

*They have the right to cancel the order if they don't like the output.

19 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Did you check her profile if she has buyer reviews from other sellers and check as well the review she gave the other sellers. Were they services similar to yours? How long as she been a member on the platform? 

@surajrenuka

She is a new buyer, I don't see any reviews in her profile. She made that account on June. 

Did you check her profile if she has buyer reviews from other sellers and check as well the review she gave the other sellers. Were they services similar to yours? How long as she been a member on the platform? 

28 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

She is saying that she could only reveal more about the project only after the contract sign.

Perhaps there is confidential information she cannot share unless an NDA is signed... TOS already states everything between a buyer and seller's order is considered confidential as mentioned by @surajrenuka . There are definitely some sellers who offer to sign NDAs, so that is up to you. Although I would really double check everything written down in any contract I'd sign and probably run it through my lawyer.

28 minutes ago, lijo_johnson said:

Is this a spam? I'm really confused.

From what you've shared so far, I don't think it's spam. 

Some buyers sends Non Disclosure Agreement form to sellers..you need not to sign it but if you want and you have no issue signing it you can !
fiverr does not take any responsibility of you signing any document though and they even don't recommend...

But some buyers wants their data or information to be confidential and so they ask to sign document, that is agreement between you and buyer only..and that gives buyer confidence that you wont share their data to anyone even if you get or do not get the order..that agreement usually applies for specific time periods..

You can read it and if you have any doubt you can talk to fiverr CS..

Fiverr TOS already have few protocols for buyer's security and if you dont want to sign that you can point that out to buyer and explain how fiverr protects their confidentiality !

Confidentiality

Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to (i) maintain all such information in strict confidence; (ii) not disclose the information to any third parties; (iii) not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and (vi) not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.

Archived