Are you willing to pay for promoted gigs after gift ends?

Are you willing to pay for promoted gigs after gift ends?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you willing to pay for promoted gigs after gift ends?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't decided yet
    • I haven't tried it yet

Basically a poll for sellers who have used promoted gigs. Let's discuss if you are satisfied or not from this new marketing tool and if you are willing to start paying for having it, after the trial amount ends.

I haven't decided yet and I still have that gift amount. I figured a way to use it effectively and I experimented a lot with price range and limits.

Edit: Recently I read that it can have a very good ROI but this differs from seller to seller.

Edited by corsogr
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

I've been paying to promote my gig for a few months. I have a low daily spend limit but it definitely drives more traffic to my gig. I've had direct orders but it's hard to tell the exact number are from the gig promo as most buyers narrow down from a list of possible sellers. For the little I spend on it, I'm pretty happy.

• Like 11

As a new seller who haven't completed any orders, I wish this feature will be available to me because I'm competing with a lot of high ranking sellers everyday to get an order. But then again I do understand how Fiverr would want to promote sellers with experience to avoid mishaps. However, I just wish there would be a system where the staff could evaluate services of new sellers and let us promote our gigs as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, corsogr said:

Basically a poll for sellers who have used promoted gigs. Let's discuss if you are satisfied or not from this new marketing tool and if you are willing to start paying for having it, after the trial amount ends.

I haven't decided yet and I still have that gift amount. I figured a way to use it effectively and I experimented a lot with price range and limits.

Edit: Recently I read that it can have a very good ROI but this differs from seller to seller.

I'm highly interest but unfortunetly my gig was remove which are ratings over 50+ with 4.8 ratings, But I have no 20+ reviews on my any gigs

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’ve paid extra $7 on top of the $10 gift. Haven’t decided if I keep doing it. 

It was to boost my 2nd gig and I got 5 inquiries out of it, 1 of them ended in a $110 sale. 

The problem is - and it could be a coincidence, I’m not saying it’s not - clicks have picked up right after $10 ran out and I started paying with my own $. 

Another problem is, 4 inquiries out of 5 that I got were completely nonsensical. They were just random and strange, sort or adjacent to what I do but not really. One of them was for a technical drawing of a turbine of some sort. Another - for some business conference’s strict corporate $100+ pages brochure. And so on. I’d sometimes get and odd request here and there but not 4 in a row. I just turned the feature off after that. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 4

I spent around $20 after the gifted promotion and I got a $1.5K project. I can't tell if the promotion was fruitful or it was a happy coincidence. I spent another $20, got hundreds of impressions and around 40 click, 0 order though. I stoped using promotion because my gig doesn't show on any page when searching the keywords (the keywords are literally the gig's title).

• Like 4

Hi @lenasemenkova,
My name is Amir, and I'm leading the Promoted Gigs program at Fiverr.

Just wanted to mention that the promoted Gigs are the exact Gig cards (same as your organic ones) except that they have a "Ad by <your name>" note.
Ads are placed based on their relevance to the buyer's search term (among other params that decides which ad which get the spot).

Appearing on the first row allow you to boost your visibility and increase the level of traction your Gig page gets.
Having said that, appearing on the first row can sometimes increase the number of "irrelevant leads".

In case you'd like to optimize your campaign, you can adjust your bid cap settings or your daily budget and test it out again.

Good luck.

@montaaz regarding your note "because my gig doesn't show on any page when searching the keywords" - can you please elaborate what does it means and what did you expect to see?

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, amirbeno said:

My name is Amir, and I'm leading the Promoted Gigs program at Fiverr.

Hey Amir,  Glad to see you cruising the forum and responding to questions about promoted gigs. Was wondering, since promoted gigs is designed to advertise your gig, can we have some targeted control of who is eligible to see the ads?  Like most other online advertising, I could set regions, demographics, etc...  For instance, I would be willing to substantially pay more for clicks if I could, for example, limit their visibility to US/Canada/UK/Europe/AUST, buyers with an average spend of over $200, and perhaps even select their ratings as buyer (4.7 or higher) and their time on platform?  I'd pay $3 a click for that.

Thanks for considering.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6

Definitely drives more traffic to my gigs!  I don't say that I have made anything on them yet, but definitely an increase in traffic.  My services are quite pricey and very specific.  Only clients what are wanting a definite service will order, but when they do, they usually continue monthly.  I have heard how people have doubled their clientele using promoted gigs.  

On 7/13/2021 at 1:28 AM, creative_howl said:

As a new seller who haven't completed any orders, I wish this feature will be available to me because I'm competing with a lot of high ranking sellers everyday to get an order. But then again I do understand how Fiverr would want to promote sellers with experience to avoid mishaps. However, I just wish there would be a system where the staff could evaluate services of new sellers and let us promote our gigs as well.

Yes, you need a certain amount of reviews and 5 star rates to benefit from promoted gigs.

8 hours ago, amirbeno said:

@montaaz regarding your note "because my gig doesn't show on any page when searching the keywords" - can you please elaborate what does it means and what did you expect to see?

I had problem few weeks ago that I can't find my gig when searching with keywords, or even in the category page. But it fixed now.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, newsmike said:

I would be willing to substantially pay more for clicks if I could, for example, limit their visibility to US/Canada/UK/Europe/AUST, buyers with an average spend of over $200, and perhaps even select their ratings as buyer (4.7 or higher) and their time on platform?  I'd pay $3 a click for that.

Hey @newsmike
We are spending a lot of effort in ongoing improvement in our algorithms, so it will do these kind of optimizations for you.

It means, that if a buyer from US with an average spend of $200 and 4.7 ratings has more chances to buy your Gig -> our algorithm will know to set a relatively higher bid, on your behalf.

If we believe it won't -> it will set a relatively lower bid, on your behalf.

The system's goal is to optimize your returns, while not requiring you to be marketing experts.

hope that help!
Amir

• Like 2

Interesting, very nice to get clear and concrete feedback from staff, that should happen more often.

I've used the "free trial", but then just turned it off. It didn't seem to do anything but bring in clueless leads.

Being at the top of end in terms of pricing means that almost all leads I would get from it would be irrelevant. I think it may work much better for high volume sellers who also compete on price. If I only sell a couple gigs a month, there's simply no way to do A/B testing to see what the ROI is on the pay per click, the sample size is just too small to be useful. It can all boil down to luck.

Edited by visualstudios

@visualstudios Regarding

On 7/20/2021 at 6:02 PM, visualstudios said:

there's simply no way to do A/B testing to see what the ROI is on the pay per click

In order to really assess the success of a promotion, two things should happen:

1. You should give the algorithm time to learn how your Gig behave in the first row, per different audiences and queries. It's not magic. Our best practices recommendation is to leave it on for at least 30 days.

2. You should be willing to "test" the promotion, up to a certain X% share of your selling price. 
Let's say your average selling price is $100, you should decide your marketing approach (the benchmark in this industry is 15-20%, but some would say that even 100% is legit, if this is a returning buyer that will be worth much more in the long run).

An easy (but not that accurate) way to monitor your performance is by comparing it to your organic performance (how many clicks on your organic Gig require in average for getting one order?).

Good luck

7 hours ago, amirbeno said:

Let's say your average selling price is $100, you should decide your marketing approach (the benchmark in this industry is 15-20%, but some would say that even 100% is legit, if this is a returning buyer that will be worth much more in the long run).

That can work if you do repeat work at middle of the pack prices. If your average selling price is $1000+, and you only do one project with each client, and only a couple of projects per month, then it just doesn't work.