why Fiverr takes 20% from seller's income, why not from buyer's

komal_bhangu

Let say you are a chef and cooking a pie. If one day McDonalds allow you to put your cook on their store, don't you want to participate in?

That way you will get thousand of visitor instantly. It's a fair if you have to paid to get that visitor comes to your product.

That's how Fiverr works.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, gunawanguan said:

Let say you are a chef and cooking a pie. If one day McDonalds allow you to put your cook on their store, don't you want to participate in?

That way you will get thousand of visitor instantly. It's a fair if you have to paid to get that visitor comes to your product.

That's how Fiverr works.

That's an amazing example.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gunawanguan said:

That's how Fiverr works.

very informative

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the standard. The service fee is always deducted from the service provider. example : uber.

It's actually a good thing in my opinion.. Imaging if we had to pay an upfront cost to post our gigs. It'll hurt the majority of new sellers.

Edited by creative_howl
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, komal_bhangu said:

Why Fiverr takes 20% from seller's income, why not from buyer's ????

I am going to assume since this seems to be a surprise to you, that you didn't bother to READ the TOS that you agreed to when you created your account here. You know, that pesky little box you have to check in order to create your account or go to the next step?

Why on earth would Fiverr create a site where millions of people could just make accounts/Gigs for free and not charge a "finder's fee"? You do realize Fiverr advertises the site, right? So, I suppose since you are so entitled, you should be able to set up shop on a site, have them do your leg work and you just keep all the coins you make? Nonsense.

And, your comment about buyers not being charged a fee, well, if you bothered to read the TOS for being a buyer here, you would see they are charged a fee on every purchase. It was not this way years ago when I started here - but, for the last few years it has been in place. So, Fiverr gets a fee from us for being able to utilize their site/bandwidth and buyers also pay a fee to use the site.

They get their money coming and going.

I would dare you to build a site as large as Fiverr and not think you are owed some sort of commission for bringing sales to those who set up shop. Your logic also seems to think you should be able to take a space in the mall and not pay rent on it? Same concept, your fees here are paying your "rent" for listing your Gigs.

GG

• Like 19

33 minutes ago, genuineguidance said:

I am going to assume since this seems to be a surprise to you, that you didn't bother to READ the TOS that you agreed to when you created your account here. You know, that pesky little box you have to check in order to create your account or go to the next step?

Why on earth would Fiverr create a site where millions of people could just make accounts/Gigs for free and not charge a "finder's fee"? You do realize Fiverr advertises the site, right? So, I suppose since you are so entitled, you should be able to set up shop on a site, have them do your leg work and you just keep all the coins you make? Nonsense.

And, your comment about buyers not being charged a fee, well, if you bothered to read the TOS for being a buyer here, you would see they are charged a fee on every purchase. It was not this way years ago when I started here - but, for the last few years it has been in place. So, Fiverr gets a fee from us for being able to utilize their site/bandwidth and buyers also pay a fee to use the site.

I would dare you to build a site as large as Fiverr and not think you are owed some sort of commission for bringing sales to those who set up shop. Your logic also seems to think you should be able to take a space in the mall and not pay rent on it? Same concept, your fees here are paying your "rent" for listing your Gigs.

Patient.. patient.. let's take easy on it 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, komal_bhangu said:

Because Fiverr is giving you the opportunity to connect with buyers. Anyway, Fiverr charges a commission to the seller of 20% but also the buyer pays an extra on the value of the GIG

• Like 6

On 7/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, komal_bhangu said:

Imagine Fiverr giving data allocation for everything you upload, freely advertise your gigs, a digital space for you to make a profile and not get any money from it? Fiverr would likely be bankrupt sooner than later because 1) they won't get a lot of money from just charging the buyer's service fee 2) investors will see its such a poor business model with low income generation strategies ...........And the many, many, many sellers who just appear each day who have yet to make sales (remember at the moment Fiverr only makes money when you do, making a gig is free)

• Like 6

On 7/13/2021 at 9:55 AM, genuineguidance said:

GG

Informative

• Like 2