Jump to content

How some sellers directly message to buyer requests?


Recommended Posts

I recently published a job, but soon after that I found out people messaging me on inbox for work.

Normal procedure would be answering my request so I can shortlist people.  But "How can some people able to message me directly?"

As a seller myself, I found this very annoying. My inbox flooded with messages and I've to pause my request.

I think fiverr must fix this thing.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eclixo said:

But "How can some people able to message me directly?"

Likely because you are a seller yourself, sadly many sellers do abuse that system when a buyer posting in the BR section is also a seller. 😖

Best thing you can do is manually searching for potential sellers for your project through the search bar instead of utilizing BRs.

Also, I think you can mark the messages of those sellers as spam (?)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Likely because you are a seller yourself, sadly many sellers do abuse that system when a buyer posting in the BR section is also a seller. 😖

Best thing you can do is manually searching for potential sellers for your project through the search bar instead of utilizing BRs.

Also, I think you can mark the messages of those sellers as spam (?)

The whole point of buyer request to tell people about my work in detail so they can answer my request and I can shortlist them. So, I don't have to tell each of them what I exactly want. 

If I keep contacting buyer by searching I've to tell them same thing again and again, that'll be time consuming and inefficient.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, eclixo said:

The whole point of buyer request to tell people about my work in detail so they can answer my request and I can shortlist them. So, I don't have to tell each of them what I exactly want. 

That is true, but at the moment the system has not been fixed to avoid your inbox being flooded by such sellers.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

That is true, but at the moment the system has not been fixed to avoid your inbox being flooded by such sellers.

Yeah, as a web developer I easily able to access profile of all person using buyer request with few lines of code.

Check this out:

Fiverr must fix it ASAP

Screenshot 2021-07-11 214543.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, eclixo said:

But "How can some people able to message me directly?"

Because in the Fiverr app it shows the buyer's name next to the request. It doesn't in the browser version but there's a way to get the username there for those with an image. And for buyers who are also sellers it's possible (but against Fiverr rules) to send them a message about their request without them contacting you first. But doing that risks their account because they could have their messages flagged as spam.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theratypist said:

You should make this suggestion at the category "Fiverr Site Suggestions" in the forum. It's worth looking into if ever a staff does come by it.

Yeah i think that's the best thing to do

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...