Jump to content

how to promote gig on fiverr forums?


Recommended Posts

I think fiverr forum is not suitable place for an advertising your gig.  99.9% people here are sellers I think you will be less succesful than promoting on other platform. Personally Since I'm illustrator I got bit success on instagram but still it wasn't very sustainable.  But you may want to try that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gongor32 said:

I think fiverr forum is not suitable place for an advertising your gig.  99.9% people here are sellers I think you will be less succesful than promoting on other platform. Personally Since I'm illustrator I got bit success on instagram but still it wasn't very sustainable.  But you may want to try that. 

I agree! It's not the ideal place to advertise your gigs because we're mostly just sellers. But a few people have mentioned that they actually got orders from the Forum (oops I probably shouldn't say that 🙊)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, krheate said:

I agree! It's not the ideal place to advertise your gigs because we're mostly just sellers. But a few people have mentioned that they actually got orders from the Forum (oops I probably shouldn't say that 🙊)

I am one of the few that actually got orders from the forum. 

There were 2 people that ordered from me. The first one turned out to be either a scammer or a person with extremely high requirements considering his budget, so that order got refunded and I blocked him because at least in my eyes, he was unreasonable.

The second person was great, he placed 3 orders with me for a project, and he said he will be back whenever he needs more. So.. orders from the forum can be a double-edged sword. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The first one turned out to be either a scammer or a person with extremely high requirements considering his budget, so that order got refunded and I blocked him because at least in my eyes, he was unreasonable.

I totally understand! I got a buyer the other day (not from the Forum) who wanted me to create a list of 250 stores and their websites for $10, so I had to cancel. 😩

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The second person was great, he placed 3 orders with me for a project, and he said he will be back whenever he needs more.

That's awesome! Did you ever advertise your gigs on the Forum- or did a buyer find your profile?

I just have to be careful about saying that we can get orders on the Forum because who knows how much more spam that'll cause!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, krheate said:

That's awesome! Did you ever advertise your gigs on the Forum- or did a buyer find your profile?

 

Not at all. I joined the conversation created by that person. And he browsed my profile, saw I am a writer and he asked me if I can write some stuff for him. I never advertised anything. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Not at all. I joined the conversation created by that person. And he browsed my profile, saw I am a writer and he asked me if I can write some stuff for him. I never advertised anything. 

That’s nice! I haven’t advertised on the Forum, but I’m not planning to in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, krheate said:

That’s nice! I haven’t advertised on the Forum, but I’m not planning to in the future.

I wouldn't recommend. As I said, i was just friendly with the buyer!and genuinely wanted to help him. But I don't really "hunt' any orders on the forum or anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...