a buyer insulted my work.

hello guys. a week ago a buyer approached me. and ask for a tattoo design. I sometimes give a quick draft to my clients in some cases without an order (which I dont mind). the client loved it and wanted to move on with the order. although, he took my "draft" to another tattoo artist then came back and told me that the artist didnt like my design. and insulted my work. I have contacted with the cs, they told me that they checked the conversation between us and his behaviour wasnt well and they will take actions. the buyer regularly buys from other sellers. I see that his account is still on. 

I wonder what happens to their accounts in this kind of situations, if you could inform me. 

because mainly as a seller, we wouldnt want to deal with this kind of people for sure. 

5 minutes ago, ggloriouslosers said:

hello guys. a week ago a buyer approached me. and ask for a tattoo design. I sometimes give a quick draft to my clients in some cases without an order (which I dont mind). the client loved it and wanted to move on with the order. although, he took my "draft" to another tattoo artist then came back and told me that the artist didnt like my design. and insulted my work. I have contacted with the cs, they told me that I was right about it. but the buyers account is still on. 

I wonder what happens to their accounts in this kind of situations, if you could inform me. 

I don't really know but I don't think anything will happen related to closing his account because he is a buyer but maybe they will give him a warning for disrespect but I'm not sure how Fiverr works in these particular circumstances.

I'm not sure what happens to buyer accounts in cases like this. I've reported one before for insulting and aggressive communication and CS just said they'd look carefully at the account. I blocked them straight away so they at least couldn't order from me again. I have no idea if anything happened. 

Sorry you experienced that. Unfortunately, not everyone seems willing or able to give input and feedback without being a bit of an a-hole about it. 

1 minute ago, leannelrivers said:

I'm not sure what happens to buyer accounts in cases like this. I've reported one before for insulting and aggressive communication and CS just said they'd look carefully at the account. I blocked them straight away so they at least couldn't order from me again. I have no idea if anything happened. 

Sorry you experienced that. Unfortunately, not everyone seems willing or able to give input and feedback without being a bit of an a-hole about it. 

sorry that you experience that one too. I would be surprise if that client could still order from other sellers. but I guess thats gonna happen.

I had an experience with a buyer who showed that he was a boy. He liked the design I showed him and he told me that he could only pay for the first package and I told him that I would add the back cover of the book and not charge him. He kept going around and I told him to pass me the data to add the texts to the back cover and he said "Really?" And a few seconds later "better leave it like that if it's going to be a problem" so I told him to please make up his mind because I was sleepy and needed to sleep. I asked him if he would want me to do the back cover or not and he answered me the same thing again (I never said anything to make him think it was going to be a problem, I kindly offered to do the back cover for him at no cost because I had empathy) I thought that he no longer wanted the cover and I went to sleep. The next day I decided to raise the price of my GIG by USD 5 and he sent me a message saying "I can't believe you have raised the price of the package, you are sick" If he had sent me a message I would have set the price as it was so that he could buy it but the lack of respect is something that I do not tolerate. I reported it for disrespecting me and I told him that I had reported it and that I wasn't going to sell him anything even if he wanted to. His account is still active.

7 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Wow. It's beyond me where some people get off. It's like a kindergarten sometimes. You'd think a little prince like him could afford another $5. 

It is that if he sent me a message I would have set the price as it was so that he could buy it because I thought he did not want it, he was a strange boy, but he did not send me a message asking me anything and he only told me that outrage and really his rudeness annoyed me and I decided not to sell anything to him finally. At all times, I was kind to help him because he said he was not enough for the second package. And I offered to do it without charge. - Are you really going to do it? - Why would you do it? - No, better not, it will be for problems. He had me like this for 40 minutes until I told him that I needed to sleep that he would please decide if he wanted it or not and he told me again: "Better leave it, it will be for problems" and I understood that he was referring to the whole design but apparently he only referred to the back cover.

52 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

I learned to shake it off ages ago. It's a rare occurrence. Out of 400+ orders, only 3-4 buyers have been awful. That's manageable. 😉  

indeed. But in order to keep the community clean fiverr has to take serious actions. otherwise, these buyers will keep insulting other sellers and abuse their goodwill. I am not concerned about myself. I have already blocked & reported him. although it might happen to someone else in the future. you simply cant educate this kind of people. not possible with a simple warning.. 

thanks for the information by the way!😄

If a buyer insults you directly and they are new on the platform, they will most likely get banned if you report them directly to CS (as opposed to flagging the messages). 

If they have an extensive purchase history and/or insult you in a more subtle fashion (like calling someone a cow instead of a female dog, for instance), nothing will happen to their account. 

When he was insulting you and was saying a stuff you would have said that to him ''Why not do it by yourself and make it better than mine one and what's the point in placing an order here''.

I have encounter one recently too same like him and he open a dispute and reported me on it ''Basically want his work done for free and cancelled the order'' now the CS is dealing with his scam and stuff I don't know where do they come from? why do they do that? and what is actually funny in doubting others skills and than later bothering them. In my part he have got enough revisions than even mentioned in order.

If they do not like the work just get a revision and be polite but that's something out of their mind.

• 3 weeks later...

a mini update for you guys,  about 2 weeks ago another client insulted me, my work and fiverr. but I must say, he did this very roughly. also racistly abused me twice. 

I contacted with the customer services, they said they will look into it and after weeks he is still online. well I guess thats how it works here. 🙃

On 7/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, ggloriouslosers said:

indeed. But in order to keep the community clean fiverr has to take serious actions. otherwise, these buyers will keep insulting other sellers and abuse their goodwill. I am not concerned about myself. I have already blocked & reported him. although it might happen to someone else in the future. you simply cant educate this kind of people. not possible with a simple warning.. 

thanks for the information by the way!😄

I'll be waiting for that day when Fiverr finally take some steps to protect us sellers too. 

I am sure that his profile was not a buyer profile. He is also a seller. He outsource from you and sent the another buyer. And told you very good. But when his buyer couldn't like your design then he insult you. Please check his profile. That time go to customer service. Tell them everything and check your message box. I hope they will action his profile.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, designer_luxury said:

I am sure that his profile was not a buyer profile. He is also a seller. He outsource from you and sent the another buyer. And told you very good. But when his buyer couldn't like your design then he insult you. Please check his profile. That time go to customer service. Tell them everything and check your message box. I hope they will action his profile.

Both profiles were buyers, not sellers. first buyer got away with it. I have contacted cs about the second buyers attidute twice. both times they said the necessary actions were taken. but he is still online. even I sent them a screenshot of our conversation and highlighted the parts he insulted and racistly abused me. but nothing happened.

I guess they gave him a parking ticket. 🤷‍♂️

I recently had to deal with a buyer who acted extremely rude and disrespectful with me, abusing me emotionally to get a lower price after the first order completion. The person even tried to pressure me into having Zoom calls instead because to him Fiverr is limited, when I already told him that in most cases it is a TOS violation (his account has been active for a while, but he doesn't have any review and that got me thinking). He mentioned the 50 calls he had with other buyers and that nobody has been as strict as me, then he criticized my prices saying I was the most expensive on Fiverr and treated me like my work has no value, yet he still wanted to do the rest of the project with me instead of looking for cheaper sellers. He even expected full priority and he didn't like the fact I got other orders in the meantime, he literally was looking for a fulltime worker on a freelance platform and expected a huge amount of work to be done in a few days.
He made me so uncomfortable that I had to step back from the project for my own sake, he didn't like my decision and expressed disappointment for the previous delivery, stating that it needed work anyway as it wasn't good at all.

He ended up requesting a cancellation for the order through Fiverr, but the CS told me that what I did was in the scope of the original request and thus they were deciding what to do with the funds. I also reported the seller for his behavior and TOS violation, they said they already took action, but indeed his account was still there as well and the user appeared online (I blocked him though). I assume they sent him a warning for his behavior and made it clear he would risk his account if this continues.

In the end it all went well because they refunded me for the canceled order, but yes, rude buyers can be problematic and the cycle might repeat itself if they remain on the platform. I do provide drafts along the way before delivering the final product and some feedbacks can be... funny, so to speak.

In your case though the odd thing is that the buyer initially liked your work, but as soon as someone else said it was bad, he came back with a bunch of insults. If he regularly buys on the platform, they may want to see how far this could go before permanently banning the person. Or at least, that's my guess.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, nika_3dartist said:

they said they already took action, but indeed his account was still there as well and the user appeared online (I blocked him though).

Unfortunetly CS is so much incostistent. once they take action on something, in the same next exact occasion, they wont. sorry about your experience.

Archived