My first fishy-looking message I got as a seller

gajuseidi

So I got my first fishy message as a seller. The customer stated that they are a seller on amazon and that "I could help them sell their products with attractiveness" (?). They also provided an email for further communication, which is absolutely against fiverr's TOS. Now, I do not do product photo editing (yet), nor do I model for products or promote other people's products in any way. I do photo enhancement and retouching gigs. The customer was a fresh fiverr account with no activity. After reading the message I immediately reported it and reached out to customer support. My only worry was that my response rate would be influenced as I did not reply to that message, but CS reassured me that this incident would have no negative effects. How would you have dealt with such incident? Does it happen often here on fiverr?

Reply with a short boilerplate inoffensive sentence, like "I'm sorry, but I am unable to assist in your project," or "Apologies, but I do not currently offer such a service," and then immediately report the person.

Reaching out to CS is a bit overkill for receiving a shady message. Using the "Report" button on an offending message is much more convenient to do.

image.png.038580c965f5b81e83f309c6b668d801.png

1 hour ago, enunciator said:

Reply with a short boilerplate inoffensive sentence, like "I'm sorry, but I am unable to assist in your project," or "Apologies, but I do not currently offer such a service," and then immediately report the person.

Reaching out to CS is a bit overkill for receiving a shady message. Using the "Report" button on an offending message is much more convenient to do.

image.png.038580c965f5b81e83f309c6b668d801.png

Yeah, I guess so. I contacted CS mainly because of the concern about inbox response time. Thank you for the suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived