Can i create a sketch drawing before getting the order ?

logicat

Hi,

i want to create a gig about drawing animated characters. I'd like to keep the sketching part of the order outside the order itself.

I saw many similar gigs and often the seller invites the buyer to contact him/her before ordering, sometimes to send the buyer a pre-order sketch.

I'd like to work on the order when the basic sketch has yet been defined, but i don't understand if this pre-order work is accepted by Fiverr and if it could lead to issues with the buyer when working on the order.

In your opinion should i consider the sketching operation as part of the order, or can i create the (basic) sketch before the order starts ?

If possible i'd like to limit the amount of message exchanges with the buyer, to optimize the time spent working on the order.

Thank you

"Can i create a sketch drawing before getting the order?"

You can, but that doesn't mean you should.

A deceptive "prospective buyer" might inquire about a possible order just to get a free sketch and run off into the night. Safest policy to follow is, no money, no work.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, leannelrivers said:

If I were you, I'd add that to your gig price as part of the order. If there's no guarantee that a basic sketch leads to an order then you're wasting your own time. 

Thank you for your thoughts, i didn't take this risk into consideration

On 7/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, enunciator said:

"Can i create a sketch drawing before getting the order?"

You can, but that doesn't mean you should.

A deceptive "prospective buyer" might inquire about a possible order just to get a free sketch and run off into the night. Safest policy to follow is, no money, no work.

Got it. I've never been a seller, so this is helping me a lot to define my offer 

Archived