Offering Proofreading/Editing Services. Advice Needed!

karrinevans

Hello! I am a college freshman who's trying to help pay for education by freelancing. If possible, I'd love some advice about how to make a significant profit on Fiverr from older members. Here are some of the questions I have:

• What sectors/categories of product are easiest to sell?
  • How should I fairly compensate myself for my work without pricing my services too high?
  • How do I get my first few orders?

Thank you so much for the help!

54 minutes ago, karrinevans said:

What sectors/categories of product are easiest to sell?

The best categories for you to host a service, are the categories for services you do well. Never offer services within which you have no skills.

55 minutes ago, karrinevans said:

How should I fairly compensate myself for my work without pricing my services too high?

That's something you can only determine via trial and error. This would be based upon the nature of your services, what you feel those services are worth, and at a price point your target customers are willing to pay. Every seller's price structure is different, based upon a wide variety of unique individual factors.

57 minutes ago, karrinevans said:

How do I get my first few orders?

You earn orders by connecting a valuable service to the target customers that need that service. Figure out who your target customers are, understand their needs, offer a service that fills those needs, and connect to those target customers, and convince them to hire you.

1 hour ago, karrinevans said:

How do I get my first few orders?

You could try sending offers in the buyer requests section for things you could do well.

Also be careful not to add any links to sites in your gigs that have URLs that aren't in Fiverr's approved list. Fiverr might not like it if it has contact/payment stuff on it.

Archived