Why I won't be using Fiverr again.

nomadicmen

Hi all,

First time poster, last time poster.

I have now ordered two gigs of Fiverr and I am satisfied with the products. However, my first purchase came to well over $100. My second purchase was $25 or so I thought. It should've been $25 but Fiverr then added another $10, okay a nice 30% fee for them on this centralized exchange. So I go to pay what almost amounts to another $5 'service charge' to keep the system up and running or w/e. I mean what do they use the other money for?

Is this not a little extreme? I mean a 60% increase in price from the original $25 to $40. The good news is this has forced me to look elsewhere and there are plenty of freelancers using blockchain technology with Dapps. Soon these centralized non blockchain types of business will be bankrupt. This is archaic! Oh not to mention they take a cut from the seller too. smh

I don't understand your complaints. You are only charged the price the seller lists, as well as a $2-ish fee (dependent upon the order/service purchase price). Where are you getting all of these additional costs and fees?

Fiverr's pricing is straightforward, and not at all as you have alleged it to be.

Edit: I should point out, the OP's complaints are about a $25 order. 

• Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.

• The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

6 hours ago, nomadicmen said:

My second purchase was $25 or so I thought. It should've been $25 but Fiverr then added another $10, okay a nice 30% fee for them on this centralized exchange. So I go to pay what almost amounts to another $5 'service charge' to keep the system up and running or w/e. I mean what do they use the other money for?

Is this not a little extreme? I mean a 60% increase in price from the original $25 to $40.

For orders up to $50, Fiverr charges $2 plus 5.5% of the price of the order.

Taken from https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions#purchasing (bold mine)

• Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.

Archived