TIP FOR SELLERS, HOW TO CONVERT IMPRESSIONS & CLICKS TO ORDERS

mark_deen

I recently attended Fiverr online event and I felt I should share a tip I got!

If you are among the sellers who get very high impressions and gig clicks but conversion rate rate is very low, then here is why and the reasons behind it!

What does gig impressions and clicks means?

-Fiverr Gig impressions is the number of  buyers who came across your gig and clicks mean they clicked/viewed on your gig.

It is expected that buyers who saw your gig and finally clicked on it will definitely order your gig, but this is not the case to most sellers.

Reasons for high impressions.

• Your Gig image/gig thumbnail is very attractive to buyers
  • Your rates are attractive to buyers
  • Your gig ranks at the top is the area.

Reason for increased clicks but few or no order!

• Your gig description.
  • Your rates are not favorable compared to other sellers.
  • Your FAQ doesn't answer instant buyer questions.
  • Your response to seller messages/requests 

my suggested possible solution/solutions:

• Apart form the gig image/video work very well on your gig description, try to countercheck, there might be spelling errors or the words used which makes the buyer to opt out.
  • Work on the FAQ section of your gig to ensure it answers instant questions that might arise and buyer would need instant answers without having to chat with you. taking into mind that seller usually compares several gigs before ordering and would definitely go with one which answers his/her possible question..
  • Ensure you reply instantly to buyers messages/ requests, turn on notifications on fiverr app.
  • Finally turn on LIVE PORFOLIO on your gig to ensure new buyers can be able to view your earlier deliveries, this is a huge confirmation to buyer that you can indeed do what he/she wants you to do! 

The big question: Is your gig able to solve buyer problem?

I hope my post make sense, incase of any corrections/ additions please let me know!

Cheers! & Thanks

Edited by mark_deen
  • Like 109
  • Confused 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 13

2 minutes ago, mark_deen said:

Reasons for high impressions.

• Your Gig image is very attractive to buyers
  • Your rates are attractive to buyers
  • Your gig ranks at the top is the area.

HI,

Thank you very much for sharing! I do not agree with what I have quoted: High impressions can never be the reason for having an attractive image in GIG because they are the times that the ad is shown. In any case, thumbnails may be the reason for a high GIG click-through rate but not impressions.

Regards!

• Like 63
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

HI,

Thank you very much for sharing! I do not agree with what I have quoted: High impressions can never be the reason for having an attractive image in GIG because they are the times that the ad is shown. In any case, thumbnails may be the reason for a high GIG click-through rate but not impressions.

Regards!

sorry i meant gig thumbnail

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mark_deen said:

sorry i meant gig thumbnail

Don't worry, I understood what you meant but keep applying my comment because the thumbnail cannot determine the impression rate as opposed to the click rate.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, faisal421 said:

Hello,
I am Md Faisal Hossain. I’m new freelancer for Fiver. I want to promote my gig.
Please someone advise me how to promote my gig.

Hello sir, for new seller they are not able to promote their gig, there are certain qualifications, you need to checkout this, for now I would advice you share your gigs on social media, keep bidding and stay online most of the time

• Like 40

• Lena locked this topic
  • 7 months later...

I am now a top rated seller and here are the secrets to quickly get started and rise to the top from my experience:

1. BE AVAILABLE FULL TIME - this is a challenging, coz a buyer can contact you in the middle of the night and since a buyer knows and needs the services on demand, and he/she doesn't understand that its night on your end considering the time zones. If you are not willing to wake up at the middle of the night to respond to your buyer, the you are far from it! Alternatively you can always turn on availability, but that will outweigh you comparing to someone who is available 24/7. 

Quick Suggestions 

• Turn on Notifications, and on your phone give Fiverr specific unique notification sound different from all others.
  • Give Fiverr app Top Priority on your phone, PIN it on the desktop of your phone with direct access without scrolling.
  • Allow Fiverr app full battery usage, do not optimize the battery use.

With that you will always be available to your buyers and instant reply which the buyers like most.

So the startup is the AVAILABLITY.

Hope this helps someone. Thumps up is this make sense.

Thanks

Edited by mark_deen
  • Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mark_deen said:

If you are not willing to wake up at the middle of the night to respond to your buyer, the you are far from it!

That's a terrible way to live your life. I prefer to sleep properly and not deal with buyers mid-sleep. Sure, sometimes I wake up, but I don't do that on purpose. I mean come on, what life is that? I have a 1 hour response time, I am online most of the time during the day and I usually reply within minutes. So your response time is not affected if you don't reply during the night. And if a person will be mad if you don't reply during the night and they will work with someone else, great. You dodged a bullet, because those people that expect immediate replies and solutions are the hardest ones to work with, trust me I've seen a lot of them on the platform here over the past 8 years. 

Quick Suggestions 

• Turn on Notifications, and on your phone give Fiverr specific unique notification sound different from all others.
  • Give Fiverr app Top Priority on your phone, PIN it on the desktop of your phone with direct access without scrolling.
  • Allow Fiverr app full battery usage, do not optimize the battery use.

While this might be ok for some people, I would just HATE having notifications pop up randomly and wake me up in the middle of the night. Reply to everyone quickly during the day, reply when you wake up to those night time messages. And as I said, if they find someone else, great, they were not a good option anyway. 

Just as an example, I had a dude that sent me a message at 11 PM my time, he was close to my timezone so it was late for him too. I talked with him, asked for more info, then said I will go offline. Dude went on and started sending messages almost hourly and eventually in the morning he placed an order. I came back, apologized for the lack of reply due to sleeping, and when it came to the delivery he started mocking my work, sharing threats, etc. I just canceled and move on. This is a recent example, there are many people like this. So.. just because you receive messages during the night that doesn't mean you will have an order, nor a great experience. Just live your life and adapt Fiverr to that, not the other way around. Otherwise you will be burnt out and every day will feel like a nightmare.

• Like 16
  • Up 6

With that you will always be available to your buyers and instant reply which the buyers like most.

So the startup is the AVAILABLITY.

I agree with you that being available is key for providing excellent services. However, the "instant reply" all the time isn't necessary. As @mariashtelle1 mentions, buyers do know what time zone you are working in, and they should understand if you don't reply right away when you are sleeping. If not, then they aren't the buyers I want to work with. My buyers understand that I have to sleep, feed my kids, and work around my husband's schedule.

I agree with @donnovan86 that it works well to instantly reply when you are available, and reply when you can around your sleep schedule. You can maintain a 1-hour response rate even with 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.

I do like what you said on being available. I let the buyers know when they can expect to hear from me and also reach out to hear from them when type of communication they expect. Some buyers want daily updates. Others don't want to see a message until the work is complete.

• Like 15
  • Up 3

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

I agree with you that being available is key for providing excellent services. However, the "instant reply" all the time isn't necessary. As @mariashtelle1 mentions, buyers do know what time zone you are working in, and they should understand if you don't reply right away when you are sleeping. If not, then they aren't the buyers I want to work with. My buyers understand that I have to sleep, feed my kids, and work around my husband's schedule.

I agree with @donnovan86 that it works well to instantly reply when you are available, and reply when you can around your sleep schedule. You can maintain a 1-hour response rate even with 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.

I do like what you said on being available. I let the buyers know when they can expect to hear from me and also reach out to hear from them when type of communication they expect. Some buyers want daily updates. Others don't want to see a message until the work is complete.

15 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

That’s why fiver has the local time and even extra note that it’s a night time. So no, clients do know if it’s night at your place. 

7D1F4278-C42A-47C2-8D73-622A8DEDB0B8.jpeg

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

That's a terrible way to live your life. I prefer to sleep properly and not deal with buyers mid-sleep. Sure, sometimes I wake up, but I don't do that on purpose. I mean come on, what life is that? I have a 1 hour response time, I am online most of the time during the day and I usually reply within minutes. So your response time is not affected if you don't reply during the night. And if a person will be mad if you don't reply during the night and they will work with someone else, great. You dodged a bullet, because those people that expect immediate replies and solutions are the hardest ones to work with, trust me I've seen a lot of them on the platform here over the past 8 years. 

While this might be ok for some people, I would just HATE having notifications pop up randomly and wake me up in the middle of the night. Reply to everyone quickly during the day, reply when you wake up to those night time messages. And as I said, if they find someone else, great, they were not a good option anyway. 

Just as an example, I had a dude that sent me a message at 11 PM my time, he was close to my timezone so it was late for him too. I talked with him, asked for more info, then said I will go offline. Dude went on and started sending messages almost hourly and eventually in the morning he placed an order. I came back, apologized for the lack of reply due to sleeping, and when it came to the delivery he started mocking my work, sharing threats, etc. I just canceled and move on. This is a recent example, there are many people like this. So.. just because you receive messages during the night that doesn't mean you will have an order, nor a great experience. Just live your life and adapt Fiverr to that, not the other way around. Otherwise you will be burnt out and every day will feel like a nightmare.

Its not terrible, just important tip for the new seller and upcoming seller who need to work extra hard to edge up the competitive market.. and for someone like me ofcorse i can now manage my sales and control the process and balance with life. 

The availability and times zones are being shown to buyers, but do they care? they need services "on demand" and would easily select someone and eventually you will be witted down in the curve. The fact is that they will not contact you randomly in the night and just you don't miss that important client, so Its not about waking up randomly!

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mark_deen said:

The availability and times zones are being shown to buyers, but do they care? they need services "on demand" and would easily select someone and eventually you will be witted down in the curve.

Yes most buyers care and they are considerate. Those that push you during the night and constantly nag you to deliver are people you want to turn away. 

2 minutes ago, mark_deen said:

would easily select someone and eventually you will be witted down in the curve.

I always did this and have over 29k orders completed on Fiverr, and I work alone. So.. I am proof that you can have a normal life, work here and still not worry about sleep or anything else. But you do you 🙂

• Like 15
  • Up 4

10 hours ago, mark_deen said:

Its not terrible, just important tip for the new seller and upcoming seller who need to work extra hard to edge up the competitive market.. and for someone like me ofcorse i can now manage my sales and control the process and balance with life. 

Saying you're 24/7 and trying to be available that much probably isn't an important tip because:

1) For those who really are available that much It could probably lead to health problems because of lack of sleep.

2) In general it doesn't seem to help. It seems to have the opposite effect on average. Those who say they're available 24/7 seem to get less orders than those who don't say that (with pricing being about the same). Maybe it could make buyers think they're not serious (eg. people generally aren't available to work 24/7), it's not possible to work constantly without sleep.

3) Most TRS don't say they're available 24/7 as far as I know. If that's the case not saying they're available 24/7 (and not being available 24/7) seems like it would give a higher chance of becoming a TRS. eg. if 95% of TRS don't say they're available/aren't available that amount of time it would probably be better to also do what the 95% of TRS do as that's worked for the vast majority of them.

4) Maybe it could help those (eg. TRS) with teams where there's enough team members to be available that much. But most people won't have teams/that many team members. Also if some team members are working night shifts that could affect their health (there's research showing that working nights can affect physical & mental health).

So in general I don't think it's a good tip for sellers.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

I'll have to echo the rest. People who don't 'understand' time zone differences aren't necessarily people I want to work with/for, to start with. While I do reply until I head off to bed/once I wake up, I have 7-10 hours a night (depending on how much I manage to sleep) when I'm offline and... it works. 

I understand that being avaliable might seem as a good trait, but can you really work (or even just write) 100% well/correctly when you just wake up, especially in the middle of the night?) In all genuine honesty, the way I think is that my customers deserve the 'best' version of me (and so does my partner/so do I.) If I don't mute my phone/computer, I will wake up, throw my phone away and go back to sleep. The only thing it achieves is... making me mad.

Now, I do understand where you come from. SOME people might not care - but... again, that's not really the type of people you want to work with. Respect is incredibly important, after all. 

Especially as a TRS, I think it's important to show that you expect to be respected as a seller. We are supposed to be good at what we do, so why lower ourselves? I want new writers to know that it's OK to set boundaries (even if sometimes I still struggle.) 

If I didn't follow my own advice/the way I preach, who would I be? 

• Like 11
  • Up 5

12 hours ago, mark_deen said:

The availability and times zones are being shown to buyers, but do they care?

If they're decent human beings, they do care. If they are not, why would I want to work with them?

12 hours ago, mark_deen said:

they need services "on demand" and would easily select someone

If you're offering something that hundreds or thousands of other sellers could do, and if there's no significant difference between your work and the work of hundreds of other sellers, then yes, they can easily pick someone else. But if you're not in an overcrowded niche, or if the buyers like your samples and want to work with you (and not just anyone who happens to be available at the moment), they will wait.

• Like 13
  • Up 5