Creating a second fiver account

ihsaan

Question

The reason I would like to create a second fiver account is that I would like to use a different name than the original one I select when I originally started. Fiver doesnt give you the option for a name change so is closing my existing account and opening a new one the only option and does this option conflict with the terms and conditions of fiver?

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, maezma85 said:

Okay, I am going to assume that your answer means that you have ever asked or know someone who has, because the fact of mentioning the seniority in the forum for me is not a determining factor of knowledge or understanding about the functions that can or not perform the support center. I asked a simple question and only a direct answer was enough like "Yes, I asked" OR "I know someone who asked"

I know, because of both practicality, and my lengthy experience on Fiverr, and on the forums. Users cannot change their chosen usernames on an account. Usernames are set at the time they are created, and are, therefore, permanent to that account. That's just how it works here on Fiverr. 

Please do not try to make this an argument about seniority. Any other long-time seller (and forum user) will tell you the same thing.

7 hours ago, maezma85 said:

You have to close the account first and then open another to avoid problems. Anyway maybe if you contact Fiverr they can change your name, I don't know but you can ask if this is an account worth keeping to keep your statistics.

Nope, it does not work that way. The only way to change your name is to delete you old account and create a new one and after looking at OP's present account I can see it will not hurt him and in fact may help him. 

39 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

This says in their privacy policies: 

Updating Personal Information

We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact Fiverr's Customer Support and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.

*Bold and font size mine.

Your information/personal information in no way means your username or refers to it. 

Once you create an account, the username you selected remains with you and with that specific account. As it has been repeatedly said, the only way to change your username is by closing your existing account and opening a new one.

Just now, jonbaas said:

That is not what it says in their policies (read) and I also mentioned a particular situation for which they would have the obligation to change the username. I am answering you because you mentioned that you were one of the oldest in the forum and you spoke from knowledge and logic. Well, it seems that as I mentioned above the age in the forum does not enable you to be the owner of the absolute truth. Read the policies, it says it clearly there and even worse is because of the particular situation that I mentioned as a possibility for you to ask for the change.

Perfect, until then I take it as valid. They are not obliged and do not usually do so, but that is not a reason to limit each particular case. This is where I was aiming! I wanted us to reach that agreement. Usually they don't, they don't have to, but they could.

3 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

That is not what it says in their policies (read) and I also mentioned a particular situation for which they would have the obligation to change the username. I am answering you because you mentioned that you were one of the oldest in the forum and you spoke from knowledge and logic. Well, it seems that as I mentioned above the age in the forum does not enable you to be the owner of the absolute truth. Read the policies, it says it clearly there and even worse is because of the particular situation that I mentioned as a possibility for you to ask for the change.

I don't know what else to tell you. Fiverr is not obligated to make changes that we think they should make, and I can confidently say that, CS does not change usernames upon request. I am unaware of anywhere, in their official site rules and policies where it states that they do. CS is more likely to elevate an issue to safety and security, and advise you to block and report harassment. 

7 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Look, I don't understand why you are trying to argue with me over this, as well as downvoting all of my responses. I have no control over what you are arguing for. All I can say is, this is how it is, here on Fiverr. Usernames are permanent to when they were originally selected. It has never changed in the seven years I have been a seller here on Fiverr, and I honestly don't see it changing in the future.

If you feel the need for a new username, you are going to have to delete your current account, and start a new one. That's how it works, here, on Fiverr. And if this is an issue you are singularly passionate about, trying to argue about it here on the forum isn't likely to change things. Talk to CS if you need another opinion on the matter, and be willing to accept the answer they provide.

If you tell me that from the Fiverr support they ever told you that under no point of view they could change the username, whatever the situation is OK but they would still be violating their own privacy policies but you did not even tell me that Did you ever ask them, and you only answered me with total arrogance that you were one of the oldest in the forum (As if this gave you the authority of the absolute truth)

PS: I am trying to argue because it is the purpose of a discussion forum

14 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

There is no way they can control a harassing user because they can use different IPs, devices, etc etc and Fiverr must guarantee my safety as a user or be responsible for the consequences that this may generate. As a victim of a situation of harassment, I do not have to abandon my evolution on the platform. I assure you that in that case they have the obligation to change your username because otherwise they would not be guaranteeing your security on the platform and I could sue them for this.

Look, I don't understand why you are trying to argue with me over this. I have no control over what you are arguing for. All I can say is, this is how it is, here on Fiverr. Usernames are permanent to when they were originally selected. It has never changed in the seven years I have been a seller here on Fiverr, and I honestly don't see it changing in the future.

If you feel the need for a new username, you are going to have to delete your current account, and start a new one. That's how it works, here, on Fiverr. And if this is an issue you are singularly passionate about, trying to argue about it here on the forum isn't likely to change things. Talk to CS if you need another opinion on the matter, and be willing to accept the answer they provide.

16 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Unfortunately, no, they will not change your username.... because usernames are permanent to any existing account. CS does not have the power to change usernames. CS will likely tell you to just block and report any instances of someone doing this to you, and they may choose to elevate such instances to the safety and security department, who, in turn, may choose to delete or ban the user harrassing you. But no, they will not change your username. 

There is no way they can control a harassing user because they can use different IPs, devices, etc etc and Fiverr must guarantee my safety as a user or be responsible for the consequences that this may generate. As a victim of a situation of harassment, I do not have to abandon my evolution on the platform. I assure you that in that case they have the obligation to change your username because otherwise they would not be guaranteeing your security on the platform and I could sue them for this.

This says in their privacy policies: 

Updating Personal Information

We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact Fiverr's Customer Support and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.

5 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

I will put a hypothetical situation in front of you: I tell the support that I am suffering harassment from a user, that although I block it, new accounts are created and it does not stop bothering me, that I need to change my username so that that person cannot find me more Do you think they won't change my name? Sometimes it is not necessary to be so closed with the answers because there may be particular situations that do allow the change of the name.

Unfortunately, no, they will not change your username.... because usernames are permanent to any existing account. CS does not have the power to change usernames. CS will likely tell you to just block and report any instances of someone doing this to you, and they may choose to elevate such instances to the safety and security department, who, in turn, may choose to delete or ban the user harrassing you. But no, they will not change your username. 

7 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

I know, because of both practicality, and my lengthy experience on Fiverr, and on the forums. Users cannot change their chosen usernames on an account. Usernames are set at the time they are created, and are, therefore, permanent to that account. That's just how it works here on Fiverr. 

Please do not try to make this an argument about seniority. Any other long-time seller (and forum user) will tell you the same thing.

I will put a hypothetical situation in front of you: I tell the support that I am suffering harassment from a user, that although I block it he insistently creates new accounts and does not stop bothering me, that I need to change my username so that this person cannot find me more and don't keep bothering me with your messages. Do you think they won't change my name? Sometimes it is not necessary to be so closed with the answers because there may be particular situations that do allow the change of the name.

6 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

I am one of this forum's oldest users. I speak from knowledge, experience, and understanding. Fiverr CS does not change account usernames.

Usernames stay as they are chosen by the user when setting up an account. I honestly do not see this changing. If someone feels the need to have a different username, the only option is to close their current account, and start a new one with the new desired name. Closing an account, however, deleted all success gained with that account, so, it is best to make sure you choose the best account name that you plan to use long-term.

Okay, I am going to assume that your answer means that you have ever asked or know someone who has, because the fact of mentioning the seniority in the forum for me is not a determining factor of knowledge or understanding about the functions that can or not perform the support center. I asked a simple question and only a direct answer was enough like "Yes, I asked" OR "I know someone who asked"

18 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

Did you ever ask support or is it just something you assume? It would be nice if they add that option to be able to change it manually. I don't think there is anything harmful to change the username.

I am one of this forum's oldest users. I speak from knowledge, experience, and understanding. Fiverr CS does not change account usernames.

Usernames stay as they are chosen by the user when setting up an account. I honestly do not see this changing. If someone feels the need to have a different username, the only option is to close their current account, and start a new one with the new desired name. Closing an account, however, deleted all success gained with that account, so, it is best to make sure you choose the best account name that you plan to use long-term.

14 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Fiverr does not change account usernames on request. 

Did you ever ask support or is it just something you assume? It would be nice if they add that option to be able to change it manually. I don't think there is anything harmful to change the username.

16 minutes ago, ihsaan said:

The reason I would like to create a second fiver account is that I would like to use a different name than the original one I select when I originally started. Fiver doesnt give you the option for a name change so is closing my existing account and opening a new one the only option and does this option conflict with the terms and conditions of fiver?

You have to close the account first and then open another to avoid problems. Anyway maybe if you contact Fiverr they can change your name, I don't know but you can ask if this is an account worth keeping to keep your statistics.

16 minutes ago, ihsaan said:

Fiver doesnt give you the option for a name change so is closing my existing account and opening a new one the only option and does this option conflict with the terms and conditions of fiver?

Yes, that is the only option. Remember you will lose any reviews and regular clients you have too. However, possibly that is not a bad thing in your case? 🤔

Archived