New in the community. Need suggetions.

s221009

8 hours ago, s221009 said:

Well created my first gig. Staying online as much time as i can.

Neither of these steps guarantee sales. Is your gig targeted toward the buyers who need your services? Do you have an eye-catching gig image and description? Are you doing anything to connect to your target customers? 

Staying online "as much time as [you] can" is not a valid step toward success. Buyers can hire you whether you are online or not, so focus on connecting your service to you target customers. Prove to your target customers that you are the seller they need to hire. And, remember, you are merely one of thousands of sellers all trying to compete for a sale. Find something that makes your services more unique and eye-catching than the gigs of all of those thousands of other sellers.

There are no guarantees here on Fiverr -- online, or off. It's also worth noting that a good seller learns to balance their online work hours, with their offline sleep and recreation hours. You need to sleep, so get a good night's sleep, and respond to any messages when you wake up. It is unhealthy to keep getting out of bed, during the night, whenever you get a notification on Fiverr. Yes, respond quickly when you are awake, but don't get so caught up in Fiverr stuff that the rest of your life starts to suffer. When someone sends you a message, you can respond thoroughly, when you wake up, and, if you are the best seller for the buyer's needs, they may likely hire you. 

Out-hustling your competitors, does not include losing a solid night of sleep, and harming your health just to have the hope of a sale. 

Desperation is not an effective success strategy.

Love your hustle Corsogr!

However, it has been my experience that Fiverr does not register your response time during the hours that your time zone would be considered being offline.
What I mean by that the Fiverr algorithm knows what time zone you are in and when that zone is generally sleeping.

If customers contact you during said hours, it will let them know that you may not respond quickly due to it being nightfall in your time zone.
During this nightfall "period" your response time is not calculated.

I feel Fiverr has given a good balance here so that freelancers can maintain their rest, while still being able to give awesome service and response time to clients.
They understand that freelancers need to rest.

I use the Fiverr app on my phone and it allows me to stay connected and respond to clients in a timely manner.

I do understand the concept of "staying online" as much as possible, because the Fiverr search does give the option to only search for sellers that are currently "active" and online.
This is for customers that need a rush job and are generally not premium clients, which is the clientele group that I prefer to work with.

2 minutes ago, davidstrongvo said:

I do understand the concept of "staying online" as much as possible, because the Fiverr search does give the option to only search for sellers that are currently "active" and online.
This is for customers that need a rush job and are generally not premium clients, which is the clientele group that I prefer to work with.

This is an excellent point too; I'm glad you made it. A good seller should focus on connecting to strong, "premium clients", as you put it, because those are the buyers likely to keep coming back in the future. Focusing on the cheap buyers, and those who didn't plan well, and need a "rush job", usually tend to be the more challenging buyers to deal with, and often end up in lingering post-delivery struggles. 

15 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Neither of these steps guarantee sales. Is your gig targeted toward the buyers who need your services? Do you have an eye-catching gig image and description? Are you doing anything to connect to your target customers? 

Staying online "as much time as [you] can" is not a valid step toward success. Buyers can hire you whether you are online or not, so focus on connecting your service to you target customers. Prove to your target customers that you are the seller they need to hire. And, remember, you are merely one of thousands of sellers all trying to compete for a sale. Find something that makes your services more unique and eye-catching than the gigs of all of those thousands of other sellers.

Appreciate your suggestion. Thank you.

Below are some tips that you can prioritize as you begin to build your presence on Fiverr.
  • Get down to basics.
  • Add a gig video.
  • Make sure your gig delivery time makes sense.
  • Use SEO to help your gig get found.
  • Make your profile stand out.
  • Get the app.
  • Review the best practices.
  • Learn how to go beyond $5.

Good Luck 

Archived