The problem with tracking revision request deliveries with "order response rate".

Hi! 

I recently noticed the "order response rate" now tracks the "revision requests within 24h", something I don't remember happenning before. 

I understand this has been done for a reason, but I need to stress that it doesn't have its desired effect and gets unintentionally abused by the client in my specific use case, which hurts my metrics without me actually delivering late/not being responsive

I deliver (expensive) voice overs for big clients worldwide. Usually these orders do not come from the brand itself, but rather from an agency or production company. These companies need the final approval from the big brand before comfortably closing the order knowing they won't need revisions. Understandably so, if the big brand is unresponsive for a day or two (things work at the pace the final client wants, not the other way around) I've had buyers take 2 routes:

1. They don't notice/know the order will automatically close after 3 days. Once they realize it has been marked completed they send me a private message requesting a review, which I gladly offer through the messaging system (since it was included in the order).
  2. Requesting a revision for the sake of keeping the order open until they get feedback from their end client. I don't blame them for that, it makes perfect sense for them. I have never told any of my off-Fiverr clients I won't provide revisions after 3 days. I then wait until they either actually request a revision, or tell me it's all OK and that I can re-deliver the original file in order to complete the order.

This supposed no drama before, as it didn't impact my metrics. Now if I find myself in the #2 case my order response rate will get punished for no appropriate reason. I also believe I shouldn't be the one educating my clients to allow the order to get marked as "completed" and trust me to get their revision done if they ever actually need it.

I'd suggest to not have order response rate metrics track the "revision delivered within 24 hours" data. That's my 2 cents! 

Thanks for the read 😄

PS. I wanted to contact CS about this, but haven't been lucky to find any way to do so. Is there any way as a seller (Pro at that) I can contact CS to bring this worry to them? I believe the options on the site simply disappeared.

7 minutes ago, theratypist said:

You can try making a ticket here, they usually respond within 2 hours from my experience. https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Thank you very much! It baffles me how I was unable to find a link to create a new ticket. 😅 I'll update the thread with whatever they tell me, in case this helps anyone else having similar issues.

1 minute ago, torrelles said:

It baffles me how I was unable to find a link to create a new ticket. 😅 

Oh don't worry it is indeed difficult to locate, it's somewhere in the Help and Support section. Haha!

2 minutes ago, torrelles said:

I'll update the thread with whatever they tell me, in case this helps anyone else having similar issues.

Definitely! Thank you, I would want to know. 

Also, I remember wayback even when Pro services weren't a thing, I always loved your voiceovers ! Haha 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, theratypist said:

Definitely! Thank you, I would want to know. 

Also, I remember wayback even when Pro services weren't a thing, I always loved your voiceovers ! Haha 

Hehe thank you for the kind words! 

So apparently I misunderstood the information the metric tracks: they don't track deliveries but rather messages after the request has been placed. So you just have to let the buyer know you've received the request and that should be enough. 

Hope it helps! 

Archived