My last job! What do you think?

maezma85

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, iamsachmusic said:

Yeah! Voicover artist knows more about designing, Sure!

"Michelangelo" he would point out things too. Because that's what designers do. We get more experience day by day and when we see the past work, we definitely point out some things. 

Maybe you don't. Or do you?

Nice Work. 

If you want your criticism to be taken seriously and you are going to call yourself a "designer" make sure you pass the photoshop skills test first because it ends up being funny. I am usually very humble with my work but with you I will make an exception because you have bad intentions and it is evident that you are just a newbie with designer delusions 😏

I will no longer waste time talking to you. Good luck!

As someone who once designed a digital cover for one of my own stories (to say it was horrible is an understatement!), I can fully appreciate your skills. You delivered what was asked and managed to draw the eye without a chaotic visual look, which is huge for authors since people often pick books based on their covers.  

19 minutes ago, bcauthor said:

As someone who once designed a digital cover for one of my own stories (to say it was horrible is an understatement!), I can fully appreciate your skills. You delivered what was asked and managed to draw the eye without a chaotic visual look, which is huge for authors since people often pick books based on their covers.  

Thank you very much for your words! 😊 I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Yes, indeed the cover of a book will be the first step in the reader's decision to buy the book and it is important to be able to convey the message of the content and make it pleasing to the eye.

Regards! 

13 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

Thank you very much for your words! 😊 I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Yes, indeed the cover of a book will be the first step in the reader's decision to buy the book and it is important to be able to convey the message of the content and make it pleasing to the eye.

Regards! 

Oh, it was entirely my fault.  I have zero formal training in graphic or digital design but I enjoy creating art.  Being an educated individual, I had the "how hard can it be?  It might even be fun!" moment.  Not the best decision of my life but it was fun.  Sort of....in a waste of 8 hours sort of way.  On the bright side, it helped me realize my true artistic skill was in the written word and helped me respect the hard work a good cover artist does while appreciating their artistic vision.

1 minute ago, bcauthor said:

Oh, it was entirely my fault.  I have zero formal training in graphic or digital design but I enjoy creating art.  Being an educated individual, I had the "how hard can it be?  It might even be fun!" moment.  Not the best decision of my life but it was fun.  Sort of....in a waste of 8 hours sort of way.  On the bright side, it helped me realize my true artistic skill was in the written word and helped me respect the hard work a good cover artist does while appreciating their artistic vision.

Don't limit yourself! There are many things that require practice. In graphic design, technical knowledge is not enough, every day is a challenge and an opportunity to improve. I am sure that if you keep trying you will achieve your creations better but it is true that we all have different inclinations of skills and that is something nice, otherwise life would be boring and no one would need the help of others hehe

22 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

Don't limit yourself! There are many things that require practice. In graphic design, technical knowledge is not enough, every day is a challenge and an opportunity to improve. I am sure that if you keep trying you will achieve your creations better but it is true that we all have different inclinations of skills and that is something nice, otherwise life would be boring and no one would need the help of others hehe

Well said!  I do still tinker with graphic design occasionally but its in the area of photo/image manipulation and purely for my own fun.  I'll never move in a commercial direction with it and that decision makes it even more fun to tinker with it.

Archived