My last job! What do you think?

maezma85

12 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

I have not had close experiences with UFOs of this type but I am fascinated by everything related to this phenomenon.

Yes, it was an odd experience. Maybe I was abducted and did not even realize it. My cousin was in the cab of the truck and said he did not see anything. 

That was over 50 years ago and I still wonder what it was. My dad and his combine were at the other end of the field, so it was very quiet out and I heard nothing. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, captainwarlord said:

Si bien me gusta el resultado final, ¿qué significa esto? ¿Tiene licencias comerciales para esas imágenes y están marcadas para modificaciones? Si se trata de imágenes extraídas de Google, lo demandarán.

Nooo! I use creative commons license images for each image. There are many image Internet sites that are licensed for free use that are not copyrighted.

8 minutes ago, captainwarlord said:

While marked for free use, the original copyright holder can still withdraw consent at any time and that does not automatically mean they are allowed to be altered.

Be careful out there. That kind of stuff can get very expensive if you F up once.

Thanks for your advice but that's not how it works! There are two Creative Commons licenses for the public domain, that is, so that the works can be redistributed and manipulated completely freely and without restrictions, whether commercially or not commercially.

They are specialized image banks for these topics. They carry the creative commons license without attribution. They are photographs uploaded by the same authors who grant the permission of free use. Anyway, I must mention that when you make a photographic composition the original image no longer exists because you create a new scene yourself with part of others 😉

17 minutes ago, captainwarlord said:

Not to pee in your breakfast here, but that is not true. The original image is retained, in an altered state, and copyright laws can still be applicable.

Anyways, great work, that's all I wanted to say. Just figured I'd give you a heads-up after I read that part.

You make me laugh! I doubt very much that the image will be preserved when half the sky, the grass, the stars, the UFO, the trees are all mergers between images. The sky is composed of two different types of skies, the grass corresponds to another scene, the trees to another, the tones of the entire image have been altered, etc. etc. Do I have to explain to you what a composition is? You will never find the duplicate scene. If you do not know about licenses and compositions, reserve your opinions because you are clearly talking about incongruities about topics in which you have no idea.

I'm going to exemplify it to see if you understand it like that. If you create a collage with pieces of magazines that already exist, you are creating a unique work that you can now register as your own because it is of your creation. Images with a Creative Commons License cannot be registered with Copyright because they already have a license assigned so that no one can claim commercial rights to the image, therefore not only are you not committing any fault because you use royalty-free images but also when creating one composition you can register the final work with copyright. In fact my final works are protected.

It's a very nice, clean cover, and I find little wrong with it... I'm looking to seriously expand in the more pro book covers and such territory too (stuff to be done with fonts + stock photo subscriptions), so I really like seeing it's working out well for you!

I've just got an ask, do you do any "special" stuff when working with file formats (I guess you deliver things in AI/ID/SVG/PDFs)? Like color profiles, setting up information specifically for prints, or is it as simple as exporting the PDF like they tell you to on the examples page? Because I see stuff like KDP is basically DIY-tier, just like what I described. I'm anxious when it comes to my clients' stuff getting printed, etched, etc.

17 minutes ago, mattboa said:

It's a very nice, clean cover, and I find little wrong with it... I'm looking to seriously expand in the more pro book covers and such territory too (stuff to be done with fonts + stock photo subscriptions), so I really like seeing it's working out well for you!

I've just got an ask, do you do any "special" stuff when working with file formats (I guess you deliver things in AI/ID/SVG/PDFs)? Like color profiles, setting up information specifically for prints, or is it as simple as exporting the PDF like they tell you to on the examples page? Because I see stuff like KDP is basically DIY-tier, just like what I described. I'm anxious when it comes to my clients' stuff getting printed, etched, etc.

Thank you very much Matt!

The file types delivered depend on the platform. Por example, Amazon for physical books requires that the uploaded files be in PDF format, for Ebook JPG. And there is always the option to deliver editable files, in my case I use PSDs because I work only with photographs for the design of the covers but if you work with vectors you can deliver the AI in case you use Illustrator or SVG, EPS.

1 minute ago, surajrenuka said:

This looks great, and colors that your eye like watching !

Only thing that bothers me is if that trees are proportionate right or not ?!  they look too big to me !

Thank you!

Now that you mention it that could be a valid criticism if we look at the size of the trunk that the trees have. It was a very good observation!

3 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

Thank you!

Now that you mention it that could be a valid criticism if we look at the size of the trunk that the trees have. It was a very good observation!

But you know ? Its Fictional 🙂 and that should work well with it ! I am glad that your client loved it and so do I !

2 minutes ago, surajrenuka said:

But you know ? Its Fictional 🙂 and that should work well with it ! I am glad that client loved it and so do I !

I like when someone mentions valid details because it helps me. I did not take into account the size of the trunk in relation to the height of the trees and it was an excellent observation on your part. The ideal would have been to put a wider trunk to justify a certain height of the trees.

21 minutes ago, captainwarlord said:

Okay. Since you are being so utterly aggressive towards me, I will now feel free to publicly correct you.

I am not being aggressive with you and you are not correcting anything that I have mentioned to you with that article. If for you being aggressive is not giving you the reason because you do not have it then yes, I must be the most aggressive people on the planet. I will never give my arm to twist in something that I know in depth. I explained to you that in my compositions I use images with a Creative Commons license, how many times do I have to repeat it to you? And on the other hand there are compositions and compositions. Putting a complete photograph in the background and an image in front is a simple composition but it does not stop using a complete photograph who has a creator. I make complex compositions of which there are no traces of a single original landscape image because it is a newly created landscape. Anyway, I will use a full background landscape image. The images I use are registered under the creative commons license without attribution. You did not insist on the same thing because in the graphic design career everything related to licenses is studied and I know exactly what I do. I appreciate your advice because I know you do it with good intentions but paranoia is unnecessary.

5 minutes ago, davidstrongvo said:

Very nice Maezma!

Congrats on a job well done!

The book cover looks great and the client loved it which is the most important thing of all.

Keep at it!

Thank you very much David for your words! Yes, I just wanted to share the work with all the users of the forum, and that they tell me what they think. It would be a good idea if others were encouraged to do it too, at least those who work in the graphic part.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, maezma85 said:

Well, I wanted to show you some of my work, this was the last cover design I worked on, it was a little over 6,7 hours of work and I used about 9 different images to achieve this composition. The client had requested a scenario with the following characteristics: Night with a full moon, a spaceship on top of a hangar, a light coming down from the ship and another 3/4 the size of the main parking lot inside the hangar. The theme of the work was for a science fiction novel and the client gave me a tip of the value of the GIG practically What do you think? Do you like the result? 

EDIT: Unfortunately when uploading the image to the forum I noticed that it lost a lot of quality but I will still leave it published.

mok.jpg

Do you have more book covers in your portfolio? Drop me a note in a DM here. 

As @mariashtelle1said, from time to time I need book cover designers. 🙂 

On 7/5/2021 at 3:04 AM, iamsachmusic said:

Can I point out some things? Hope you take it professionally. 

I am sure that right after Michelangelo spent 4 years painting the sistine chapel, someone walked up to him and said. "Can I point out some things?"

Nice work. 

shutterstock_526891918-1024x683.jpg

3 hours ago, gig_freak said:

Do you have more book covers in your portfolio? Drop me a note in a DM here. 

Hi!

How are you? I hope you are well! First of all, thank you very much for your interest. I tried to send you the link of the portfolio by private message but you have disabled the option to receive messages, can it be?

Regards! 😊

On 7/6/2021 at 8:32 PM, newsmike said:

I am sure that right after Michelangelo spent 4 years painting the sistine chapel, someone walked up to him and said. "Can I point out some things?"

Nice work. 

shutterstock_526891918-1024x683.jpg

Yeah! Voicover artist knows more about designing, Sure!

"Michelangelo" he would point out things too. Because that's what designers do. We get more experience day by day and when we see the past work, we definitely point out some things. 

Maybe you don't. Or do you?

Nice Work. 

37 minutes ago, iamsachmusic said:

Yeah! Voicover artist knows more about designing, Sure!

I'm not sure what being a VO artist has to do with it, but if that makes you feel superior, so be it. I was not commenting about designing. I was, commenting about the lack of etiquette you displayed.  He posted a piece of work, which he was proud of and was happily accepted by his buyer. In most cultures, we simply say something nice.....or we say nothing at all.  Unless ASKED.

Manners matter

Archived