Jump to content

My last job! What do you think?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well, I wanted to show you some of my work, this was the last cover design I worked on, it was a little over 6,7 hours of work and I used about 9 different images to achieve this composition. The client had requested a scenario with the following characteristics: Night with a full moon, a spaceship on top of a hangar, a light coming down from the ship and another 3/4 the size of the main parking lot inside the hangar. The theme of the work was for a science fiction novel and the client gave me a tip of the value of the GIG practically What do you think? Do you like the result? 

EDIT: Unfortunately when uploading the image to the forum I noticed that it lost a lot of quality but I will still leave it published.

 

 

mok.jpg

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, leannelrivers said:

Very cool! I really like your work. Sounds like your clients do too! Nice one. 

Thank you so much! Yes, he has expressed his satisfaction in every possible way and it really gave me a lot of satisfaction to read his comment and to know that it was exactly what he had imagined.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, riav05 said:

I also like your work and I am glad that it was successful. It looks great. Success in the future

Thank you very much for your words! I have seen that you also design. I am specialized in editorial graphic design and photography oriented. I am doing a course to learn to draw and become an illustrator because I know the tools in detail but I have no drawing skills. I have healthy envy of good cartoonists LOL

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No sucede tan a menudo que digo en el foro que me gusta 😉 este es uno de los raros casos 

 

@gig_freak en caso de que estuvieras pensando en contratar nuevos diseñadores 

I put a lot of passion in my work, I love designing scenes! Thank you very much Mari!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I point out some things? Hope you take it professionally. 
 

1. The Whole Image (Cover) is too Bright. There is only 1 light source, the moon and it should not brighten the whole scenario. 
 

2. The UFO Hovering light should be more bright and the surface and around the surface should be more bright than the rest on the rooftop area. 
 

3. Did you purposefully didn’t add the night clouds?

 

But Hey, You finished the Project with good rating and satisfied review I think, which is good for you! 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, iamsachmusic said:

Can I point out some things? Hope you take it professionally. 
 

1. The Whole Image (Cover) is too Bright. There is only 1 light source, the moon and it should not brighten the whole scenario. 
 

2. The UFO Hovering light should be more bright and the surface and around the surface should be more bright than the rest on the rooftop area. 
 

3. Did you purposefully didn’t add the night clouds?

 

But Hey, You finished the Project with good rating and satisfied review I think, which is good for you! 

Hello,

Do not worry, I accept the criticism but I will answer you because I am a professional designer and you are wrong in several things that you suggest. The moonlight is enough to illuminate the whole scene the way it looks. The light from the nave has the ideal luminosity so as not to divert attention to a single place and to be able to glimpse the whole context, it is not necessary to intensify it at all. Nighttime clouds with a completely starry sky? Do you think that all starry night skies have visible clouds? I think you don't look at the sky very often then. LOL 

And finally I think you have not read that the forum reduced practically most of the quality of the image, which is why the title letters and the lights are seen with less depth.

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have any skill in your field of expertise, so no criticism from me. Just a little tiny-microscopic thing: for a personal aesthetic reason I'd have put the Moon on the right top corner and not under the starship.
Anyway, as a sci-fi aficionado, I like your work and the theme too. Good job and tip well deserved!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, alphagev said:

I don't have any skill in your field of expertise, so no criticism from me. Just a little tiny-microscopic thing: for a personal aesthetic reason I'd have put the Moon on the right top corner and not under the starship.
Anyway, as a sci-fi aficionado, I like your work and the theme too. Good job and tip well deserved!

HI,

Thank you very much for your words! The location of the moon is relative, in that position it reflects distance. That is, the Moon is not below the UFO but behind it, much further away. But I repeat that position is relative because it is neither below nor above but behind and that is something that can be clearly appreciated by the size in relation to the other objects.

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, maezma85 said:

Hello,

Do not worry, I accept the criticism but I will answer you because I am a professional designer and you are wrong in several things that you suggest. The moonlight is enough to illuminate the whole scene the way it looks. The light from the nave has the ideal luminosity so as not to divert attention to a single place and to be able to glimpse the whole context, it is not necessary to intensify it at all. Nighttime clouds with a completely starry sky? Do you think that all starry night skies have visible clouds? I think you don't look at the sky very often then. LOL 

And finally I think you have not read that the forum reduced practically most of the quality of the image, which is why the title letters and the lights are seen with less depth.

I am not wrong. I just have a different opinion. Simple.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, maezma85 said:

a light coming down from the ship

My family come from a long line of farmers. When I was a teenager I was moving grain around in the back box of a grain truck one night. My dad was trying to finish the field we were working on before the conditions got to wet to continue harvesting. While I was up there a light like in you image shone down to the ground right beside me! 🛸 I looked up quickly to see where it came from, but the light was gone and so was its source! 

 

 

8 hours ago, iamsachmusic said:

There is only 1 light source, the moon

Doesn't the spaceship have a light source too? 

8 hours ago, iamsachmusic said:

Did you purposefully didn’t add the night clouds?

Where I live we have many starry cloudless nights. Plus, the OP - original poster - was following the buyer's request. 

 

7 hours ago, alphagev said:

for a personal aesthetic reason I'd have put the Moon on the right top corner and not under the starship.

I like the moon where it is at. It adds depth of field as do the trees in the background. 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely spot on composition! I love the way you have played with the sizes. 
Most of all, you have captured the brief to the teeth.

I don’t know, the lighting is perfect for me. Really inspirational work and thanks for sharing.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, maezma85 said:

Well, I wanted to show you some of my work, this was the last cover design I worked on, it was a little over 6,7 hours of work and I used about 9 different images to achieve this composition. The client had requested a scenario with the following characteristics: Night with a full moon, a spaceship on top of a hangar, a light coming down from the ship and another 3/4 the size of the main parking lot inside the hangar. The theme of the work was for a science fiction novel and the client gave me a tip of the value of the GIG practically What do you think? Do you like the result? 

EDIT: Unfortunately when uploading the image to the forum I noticed that it lost a lot of quality but I will still leave it published.

 

 

mok.jpg

Love it, spot on and easy on eyes. Especially the font type you chose goes very well with the background.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, iamsachmusic said:

I am not wrong. I just have a different opinion. Simple.

Regardless of your opinion, something I respect, I insist that from the lighting technique you made wrong statements and you wanted to correct things for which I studied for 3 years. 

Edited by maezma85
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

My family come from a long line of farmers. When I was a teenager I was moving grain around in the back box of a grain truck one night. My dad was trying to finish the field we were working on before the conditions got to wet to continue harvesting. While I was up there a light like in you image shone down to the ground right beside me! 🛸 I looked up quickly to see where it came from, but the light was gone and so was its source! 

 

 

Doesn't the spaceship have a light source too? 

Where I live we have many starry cloudless nights. Plus, the OP - original poster - was following the buyer's request. 

 

I like the moon where it is at. It adds depth of field as do the trees in the background. 

I have not had close experiences with UFOs of this type but I am fascinated by everything related to this phenomenon. Thank you Vicky for your comment 😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...