Does the 'small order' limit include the tip? Also, Best way to do a multiple order?

waylah

Question

Hello! I am very very new to fiverr. I am a buyer.
I've got a set of 13 jobs needing doing. I found a seller I liked to do them, and have just had one done and am very happy with the result. I now have to decide how to do the other 12. I want to do the best thing for the seller. They are $15USD jobs. The seller kindly explained my options, ordering them separately, having a custom offer, or a custom batch order, explaining the pros and cons. I said I didn't mind which, I'll go with whatever they prefer. They have a preference for separate orders, because they don't have a lot of reviews. Then I learn how fiverr buyer service fees work. Fiverr charges a 5.5% service fee (regardless of how you order) but also, a $2USD fee for every job that is under $50USD total. With 12 jobs that adds up; I'd rather tip the seller that amount than lose it to a small order fee. I want to maximize the reviews I can give the seller, but minimize the fees. I'm probably over thinking all this, but I am new to fiverr and learning. Here are the options I'm considering:

1. Just order the 12 jobs separately and pay $24 in small order fees. Give 12 reviews.
2. Break it into 3 orders of 4 jobs each, each order being more than $50 so no small order fee. Give 3 reviews.
3. Break it into 4 orders of 3 jobs each, each order totaling $45 + $5 tip, so that's $50 so no small order fee (is this correct?). Give 4 reviews.

I would just present these options to the seller and let them pick, but I feel weird talking about tipping. I'm not from a culture that has tipping so I'm uncomfortable discussing it, it's awkward. Regardless of how I do the order, I would like to additionally tip the buyer (presuming the work is as good as the first job they did, which I'm sure it will be), but it feels weird to talk about tips, especially before the work is done.

So people of fiverr, what would you do? If you were the buyer, which would you prefer? Am I overthinking and should I just go with 1. ?

Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, waylah said:

Break it into 4 orders of 3 jobs each, each order totaling $45 + $5 tip, so that's $50 so no small order fee (is this correct?). Give 4 reviews.

I’m not that often in the buyers side but I’m sure there still will be a small order fee. Fiverr doesn’t know what if you will be tipping your seller or not and the original transaction will be less than 50$ with a small order fee applied. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is also processing fee on tips as it counts as a separate transaction. But of course I wouldn’t want it to discourage if you of tipping if you are really happy with your sellers work 

I would say to go with a middle ground which is 3 total orders. It’s great that you are considerable about the seller but there is also no point of overpaying 25$ for that 

Disclaimer: Don't take my opinion as (fact) but these are just my thoughts if I was the buyer in the scenario.

If they are all related to the same order, or it's a milestones kind of gig then just lump it into one big order and you pay one time big time. If it's something that works better getting looked into as an individual order on its own (where in one bad output doesn't totally affect the other), then consider doing those things separately like number 1. 

Don't think about reviews for the seller (don't get me wrong that's a kind gesture) or even tipping. Tip if it's a job well done, tip if you want to, but don't feel like its an obligation to tip. Also the seller shouldn't even discuss the context of reviews or feedback, this is grey area and there a lot of discussions about it coming off as feedback manipulation, gaming the system (again I know it's not, it's just that it's not worth getting into and triggering the Fiverr system mentioning about ratings and reviews in the conversation). Just focus on getting the order done and just as what as you want it.

Taken from here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049646033-Why-was-I-charged-a-service-fee?segment=buyer

As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50, an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.

If you are particular about the amount saved from the fees then do that one big lump order. Let's say the gig is worth $50.

You want to give 5 reviews which is five $10 orders. You will pay a service charge of $2 every time. So that's $12 x 5 = $60, five reviews, no tip.

OR

You want it to purchase it one time big time. Since this is not considered a small order (it's not a gig under $50) then the fee is only 5.5% of $50 which is $2.75. So you only pay $52.75, say you want to give a $5 tip (there will be a service charge of $2). So in total you would spend $59.75, one review and you were able to give a tip.

Hope that clears stuff.

Hace 2 horas, waylah dijo:

¡Hola! Soy muy muy nuevo en fiverr. Soy un comprador.
Tengo un conjunto de 13 trabajos que deben realizarse. Encontré un vendedor que me gustó para hacerlos, y acabo de hacer uno y estoy muy contento con el resultado. Ahora tengo que decidir cómo hacer los otros 12. Quiero hacer lo mejor para el vendedor. Son trabajos de $ 15 USD. El vendedor me explicó amablemente mis opciones, ordenando por separado, teniendo una oferta personalizada o un pedido por lotes personalizados, explicando los pros y los contras. Dije que no me importaba, iré con lo que prefieran. Tienen preferencia por pedidos separados, porque no tienen muchas reseñas.Luego aprendo cómo funcionan las tarifas de servicio del comprador de cinco. Fiverr cobra una tarifa de servicio del 5,5% (independientemente de cómo realizar el pedido), pero también una tarifa de $ 2 USD por cada que sea inferior a $ 50 USD en total. Con 12 trabajos que suman; Prefiero darle al vendedor esa cantidad de propina que perderla por una pequeña tarifa de pedido. Quiero maximizar las reseñas que puedo darle al vendedor, pero minimizar las tarifas. Probablemente estoy pensando demasiado en todo esto, pero soy nuevo en cinco y aprendiendo. Estas son las opciones que estoy considerando:

1. Simplemente ordene los 12 trabajos por separado y pague $ 24 en tarifas de pedidos pequeños. Dar 12 reseñas.
2. Divídalo en 3 pedidos de 4 trabajos cada uno, cada pedido cuesta más de $ 50, por lo que no hay una tarifa de pedido pequeño. Dar 3 reseñas.
3. Divídalo en 4 pedidos de 3 trabajos cada uno, cada pedido con un total de $ 45 + $ 5 de propina, por lo que son $ 50, por lo que no hay una tarifa de pedido pequeño (¿es correcto?). Dar 4 reseñas.

Simplemente le presentaría estas opciones al vendedor y les dejaría elegir, pero me siento raro al hablar de las propinas. No soy de una cultura que tenga propinas, así que me incomoda discutirlo, es incómodo. Independientemente de cómo haga el pedido, me gustaría darle una propina adicional al comprador (suponiendo que el trabajo sea tan bueno como el primer trabajo que hicieron, que estoy seguro que será), pero se siente extraño hablar de propinas, especialmente antes de que el trabajo esté terminado.

Así que gente de cinco, ¿qué harías? Si fueras el comprador, ¿cuál preferirías? ¿Estoy pensando demasiado y debería ir con 1.?

¡Gracias por adelantado!

The Fiverr fee is: It retains 20% of the value of the GIG to the seller for each order and charges a tax to the buyer that I do not know the exact number. And I regret to inform you that the tip will not be received 100% by the seller either because they also retain 20% of this.

5 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

Has this gone up? I thought it was 2%-ish. 

Before, it was $2 only, without %, as a fixed fee for orders of up to $40, but it was 5% for orders of $40+ before already, so it has gone up a bit but not from 2% to 5%, just from 5% to 5.5%.

48 minutes ago, miiila said:

Before, it was $2 only, without %, as a fixed fee for orders of up to $40, but it was 5% for orders of $40+ before already, so it has gone up a bit but not from 2% to 5%, just from 5% to 5.5%.

Good memory. I remember the time when a $5 order just costed a $0.50 service fee.. Also that time when purchasing thru Fiverr balance didn't charge a service fee. Good times! 

21 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Good memory.

Not really (sadly, there's no sieve emoji ...). I just looked it up and quoted it for enough buyers, maybe a few forum threads too, that it finally stuck to my memory somehow 😇

To get back on track, personally, I find it most sensible to go with however many "units" make the most sense. Also - new seller? Do a short/small order first, see how you like it, then decide for the next one/s. 

11 hours ago, waylah said:

Just order the 12 jobs separately and pay $24 in small order fees. Give 12 reviews.
2. Break it into 3 orders of 4 jobs each, each order being more than $50 so no small order fee. Give 3 reviews.
3. Break it into 4 orders of 3 jobs each, each order totaling $45 + $5 tip, so that's $50 so no small order fee (is this correct?). Give 4 reviews.

I'm a long time buyer, so let me help you out. Your analysis is off.

(1) Correct. 12 orders = $24 (small order fee).

(2) Correct. 3 orders (over $50) = no small order fee

(3) Incorrect. Every time you order, it's a separate transaction. So this is what you will be paying:

* Transaction 1: $45 (order) = $2 (small order fee); + 5.5% fee ($2.48)

* Transaction 2: $5 (tip) = $2 (small order fee) + 5.5% fee (0.28) 

* Total paid for 1st order: $2.00 + $2.48 + $2.00 + $0.28 = $6.76

** Total for 3 orders = $6.76 ×3 = $20.28

** ($12 small order fee) + $8.28 (fee)

*** Each order is a transaction

*** Each tip is a separate transaction

*** Each upsell/add on (AFTER placing order) is a separate transaction.

One order can have multiple transactions and each transaction has separate fee.

Edit: My advice to save money, do this. If you really want to tip, do one of the following:

(a) Pretip, place a $45 order + $5 (extra of anything) = no small order fee (in message tell them. " I don't need anything extra. This is a pretip for the amazing work that I already know you will do")

(b) Ask for custom offer and include $xx additional for a pretip and tell them the same spiel.

I prefer option (a). A little surprise for the seller. 😀

Just an FYI (separate from all the other advice you've been given), Sellers are NOT suppose to solicit for reviews. That this Seller wants to break this order into smaller pieces JUST so you can leave more reviews, even though that means you've pay more and more of that amount would go to Fiverr, does not seem like a good business practice.

I'm glad your Seller did a good job with the test order, but their motivation feels misplaced and priorities skewed. I get that reviews are important, but customer service is serving, not self-seeking.

Archived