I'm scared on how to go about my current buyer

I just got my 3rd order, but I'm not as excited as I should be; in fact, I'm scared.

I came across this client via buyer's request where he wanted content editing but ended up settling for blog posts. He seemed pretty uptight and rude at places. Insisted on doing business off Fiverr and bargained a lot. I kept my cool and didn't care since I thought he'll ghost or not go ahead with the order. But he did. He agreed to my prices. He even placed a bulk order. A pretty big one. 
Now, he's a professional, and his demands are high. I'm just scared if I'll live up to his expectations. With that, I even denied numerous things like lowering my prices or getting in touch off Fiverr so I wonder if he'll take it out on the review he gives. It's mainly because he's given 3 to 4 stars to his previous sellers (yes I stalked :p) and with just 1 review on my profile, his will really REALLY affect me and my growth on Fiverr. 

Any tips and motivation will be highly appreciated. 

~ Shreya 

If your gut instincts are telling you that something is wrong, then I suggest that you listen to them. This person has all the red flags that comes with most "bad buyers", namely being: rude and uptight at the outset, taking you off the site, trying to bargain with your prices, a serial bad reviewer. Remember, as a new seller with only a couple of reviews, a bad review will cost you much more than a cancelled order. Upon cancelling an order, your order completion metrics will take a hit. You can either complete the requisite number of orders to get your metrics back on track or wait for 60 days after which Fiverr automatically resets your metrics. Moreover, a buyer cannot view your order cancellation rate. 

On the other hand, a bad review will stay on your profile. Forever. Moreover, if your average rating falls below 4.7, you won't be able to send offers through Buyer Requests-a major blow for a new seller. 

I know that as a new seller, you are tempted to take what you can get. But you must weigh the risks carefully. Is the reward worth such a huge risk? In my opinion, it is better to err on the side of caution. Play it slow but play it safe so that you can play it long. 

18 minutes ago, thewritingbuff said:

if your average rating falls below 4.7, you won't be able to send offers through Buyer Requests-a major blow for a new seller. 

Though I think it's if it falls below 90% positive rating which I think is 4.5 stars avg all-time.

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though I think it's if it falls below 90% positive rating which I think is 4.5 stars avg all-time.

I have seen people with 4.6 rating complain that they cannot send offers through Buyers Requests 🤔

In any case, I don't think it's worth taking the risk. 

6 hours ago, shreya_2001 said:

He seemed pretty uptight and rude at places. Insisted on doing business off Fiverr and bargained a lot.

6 hours ago, shreya_2001 said:

I even denied numerous things like lowering my prices or getting in touch off Fiverr

If I were you, I would cancel immediately. Most likely, it won't end well.

Archived