What are current priorities and direction for the new forum? Question to fiverr officials

mariashtelle1

Question

Hi @mjensen415 and any other fiverr officials,

@Lena @ivan_8813  @milos_siena

What are the current priorities for the new forum? 

We had a few issues on the old forum and I guess moving to  a new platform had it's own objectives for fiverr. 

So what are these objectives? what are we trying to achieve with new forum?

Is it about quality and engaging more people in meaningful conversations? Is it about quantity and showing number of posts and new users who joined the forum in the reports at the end of the year? is it for helping fiverr support with questions before it reaches customer support? 

It will be great to hear what fiverr objectives currently are as it will help avoid frustration that is currently growing.

Transparency in the direction, sharing views and values has a crucial part in achieving goals as that helps having everyone else onboard and working towards one goal.   

12 answers to this question

Thank you @mariashtelle1for voicing what I and I am sure many others have been asking themselves. I had high hopes for the new Fiverr Forum. On the old Forum I had the category, "Improve My Gigs" blocked because I thought it would be overwhelming to interact with all of those wanting help. However, here I have found I like to create posts in response to the sellers who post there. Nonetheless, I can not say I like the plethora of posts made by mostly the same users who basically repeat the advice I have given. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Why?! All I can figure is that they wants points to get the "Grand Master" badge. They see the Fiverr Forum as one big game! 

8 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Is it about quality and engaging more people? 

Is it for helping Fiverr support with questions before it reaches customer support? 

Two very good uses of the Fiverr Forum. 

10 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

help avoid frustration that is currently growing.

Yes, before it explodes like an overfilled 🎈

12 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Transparency in the direction, sharing views and values has a crucial part in achieving goals as that helps having everyone else onboard and working towards one goal. 

Bravo! Bravo! 💐

6 minutes ago, corsogr said:

I will share three points for everyone who wishes to learn more about the forum migration and the philosophy behind choosing the specific community.

You may want to rephrase that @corsogr as it may seem like you are part of the Administration team and have insights in the matter, even though you are not and you don't. Other than Matt, no one else was a part of the decision making process or was included in the migration in order to be able to offer such insights.

9 minutes ago, corsogr said:

Well, apparently I did add a disclaimer on top of my post stating clearly that I do not represent Administration team, but someone preferred to delete the post without any explanation so now I'll rewrite it with a proper rephrasing so anyone can understand it. A message has been sent, I guess.

One of the paid mods chose to delete your reply.

Based on a flag from a forum member.

it had nothing to do with my reply.

That being said:

I tried to subtly nudge you to rephrase, but you deliberately chose to add a disclaimer whilst keeping the phrase intact.

the issue was with your phrasing. Adding a disclaimer doesn’t do what you think it does.

As for the “a message has been sent” remark, my response would be “let me know when it is also received and read”.

🙂

12 hours ago, frank_d said:

tried to subtly nudge you to rephrase, but you deliberately chose to add a disclaimer whilst keeping the phrase intact.

To be honest it’s not about rephrasing. His post has nothing to do with my question regardless of him being or not an official voice. 

I did not ask how new fiverr forum based on invision works or the opinions on new changes, we have a separate topic for that and this should be moved there for discussion. 
I also think that we can remove all these off topic replies from the last day including the poster in question and Frank’s and this my reply on that. 

Archived