What are the guidelines, if I want to use a bg music/song in my gig video?

fastweber

(New User)
I want to make a gig video where I want to show the actual work process of the service I am offering and I want to use suitable background music for the video(which isn’t necessary). Can anyone tell me what are the Fiverr guidelines for the above-mentioned topic?

(I’ve been through other questions related to this topic and I couldn’t find a clear and specific answer)

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, david4512 said:

if you create multiple category gig on category. when buyer see your profile that time buyer confused. because can't man expert in multiple task

I wasn't asking about multiple category. If I create multiple gigs, all different services but in the same category. Will it help?

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Check this out: Fiverr Help and Education Center (Gig Policies).

Hi,

Thank you for replying. 

The link you've provided suggests "we recommend that, initially, you create only one Gig and focus your time and effort on that one service. To make your Gig stand out". Which I understand but I couldn't find anything about gig ranking there. If you can help me with the question I've asked that will be very helpful. 

Thanks again.

17 hours ago, goffer6575 said:

in my experience I created multiple gigs in same category also and my all gig still running and ranking slowly. thank you

I guess this ⬆️ is proof of this ⬇️ 

17 minutes ago, catwriter said:

n my experience, having multiple gigs in the same category can lead to some gigs not showing in search at all.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:29 AM, vickiespencer said:

I guess this ⬆️ is proof of this ⬇️ 

Haha.. Thank you I like this answer better. 

On 7/4/2021 at 3:12 AM, catwriter said:

In my experience, having multiple gigs in the same category can lead to some gigs not showing in search at all.

Insightful, Thank you. 

Hi, I am a new user. I can't see any buyer request yet in my seller account. I've gone through other questions regarding this topic and found many members have suggested to create multiple gigs to receive buyer requests. 

I have 2 questions:-

1. Do I need to create multiple gigs to receive buyer requests? 

2. If yes to the first question, do I need to create multiple gigs "in different category" or "in the same category but in different sub category"?

I'll be really grateful if anyone could help me with this. 

• fastweber changed the title to Will multiple gigs help me to get Buyer Requests?
7 minutes ago, ronykumar232 said:

I am also a new seller. But I get a lot of buyer requests.
I saw your profile and a gig.
I think you should make a couple more unique gigs.
But first you can make the gig by changing the sub-category by keeping the category correct.
And always try to stay online on Fiverr.
Buyer requests are usually available between 11am and 1am, 4pm to 6pm, and 9pm to 2pm.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I actually happen to be online for near about 18 hours a day, but still no luck. May be you are right, I need to change the sub category for receiving buyer request. 

24 minutes ago, fastweber said:

have suggested to create multiple gigs to receive buyer request

The buyer requests are based on what subcategory your gig belongs in. So icon design is the only thing showing up for you. Consider making gigs on other subcategories perhaps you have a skillset in the other subcategories as well. 

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

The buyer requests are based on what subcategory your gig belongs in. So icon design is the only thing showing up for you. Consider making gigs on other subcategories perhaps you have a skillset in the other subcategories as well. 

Yes I have many skillsets tbh because I've offline experience in web development and graphics designing, but in another topic people have suggested me to not create multiple gigs in different sub-categories that may lead to confusion among the customers.

So I am a little confused here, should I create multiple gigs or not? 

Here is the link for reference. 

5 minutes ago, fastweber said:

So I am a little confused here, should I create multiple gigs or not?

The question you made in the other thread was "Does multiple gigs in same category improve my gig ranking?", so the answer as mentioned there is no.

51 minutes ago, fastweber said:

create multiple gigs to receive buyer requests. 

The discussion in this thread is how to get more buyer requests, which is yes to make more gigs under different subcategories.

6 minutes ago, fastweber said:

may lead to confusion among the customers.

The customer will not be confused as long as the service is literally not the same thing.

Let's put it this way, right now you have one gig and I assume this was since March 2021, how has that helped you so far? Were you able to get an order? If the answer is no, it would be worth trying something else... Like perhaps creating other gigs (of course not practically the same gigs). How about logo design in general? Business cards, etc. The other things in your skillset as a graphic designer and web developer. You eventually will have access to more buyer requests. Also right now the only buyers (other than buyer requests) who will find you are people looking into icon design. They don't know you can do a lot of other services unless they ask or visit your profile.

I guess the answer is experiment on something new, make new gigs, try to get more offers and see what works from there. If it doesn't work you can always pause those new gigs and return back to the only one gig you have live.

I hope this helps and I wish you success! 

7 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The question you made in the other thread was "Does multiple gigs in same category improve my gig ranking?", so the answer as mentioned there is no.

The discussion in this thread is how to get more buyer requests, which is yes to make more gigs under different subcategories.

The customer will not be confused as long as the service is literally not the same thing.

Let's put it this way, right now you have one gig and I assume this was since March 2021, how has that helped you so far? Were you able to get an order? If the answer is no, it would be worth trying something else... Like perhaps creating other gigs (of course not practically the same gigs). How about logo design in general? Business cards, etc. The other things in your skillset as a graphic designer and web developer. You eventually will have access to more buyer requests. Also right now the only buyers (other than buyer requests) who will find you are people looking into icon design. They don't know you can do a lot of other services unless they ask or visit your profile.

I guess the answer is experiment on something new, make new gigs, try to get more offers and see what works from there. If it doesn't work you can always pause those new gigs and return back to the only one gig you have live.

I hope this helps and I wish you success! 

That cleared up a lot of my questions. 

Thank you for helping me out. ✌️

More gigs increase the probability, and get more traffic form different gigs but it doesn't means it will increase your conversion rate. Conversion rate depends on many other perameters including quality of communication, prices, strong portfolio, level, feedbacks etc.

So I'm new here, a graphics designer. I've been replying to buyer requests for few days now. 
I've noticed that there is no option to attach  or send image files with buyer requests.

I receive very specific kind of buyer request most of the time but the pictures and other media files I have on my gigs are for general purposes.

While replying to specific kind of buyer requests in graphics design category I always wish if I could send or attach media files with it to let the buyer know that I have exact material and skills required for the project or suggestions for the project. 

Question: Why there is no option to attach image files in buyer request, especially for the graphics designing category? What are the thoughts behind it? (I refuse to believe that fiverr admins and developers haven't thought about it. )

Tell me, what do you think?
Thank you for you time. 

Archived