Profile and gigs automatically translated ?

wordaster

Question

Hello all ! 

I'm using this site in english, and I've written my profile and gigs in english aswell, but I'm a french native. Today, I went to see my profile on another device, Fiverr was in French, and to my surprise (or horror, I don't know), my profile and gigs have been automatically translated by the site, with what I assume must be Google Translate or someting. This must mean that any non-english-speaking person sees my profile in their native language. Which, yes, could be useful, if the translation wasn't so terrible. And to make it worse, I'm a brand new seller trying to offer professional translation, so it kinda ruins my image before I even had the chance to create it !

I've searched in the options for a way to disable this feature, with no luck. Is there even a way ? Or should I just excuse the automated translation in my bio, just to make things clear with potential buyers ? 

Thanks in advance for any kind of help ! 🙂

4 answers to this question

Hi, are you sure your page is not being automatically translated by your own browser? If I access your profile page, everything is in English as you wrote it, and it doesn't get translated.

I also tried to access your profile through the French version of the site (which would be https://fr.fiverr.com/wordaster with 'fr.' before fiverr.com), and still the only thing translated was Fiverr's default text (such as 'About' -> 'À propos'), but everything you've personally written, like your profile and gig description, remains in English.

Archived