Notification Settings

miiila

Help! 🙂

I really liked the notifications in the old forum, especially in combination with the ability to bookmark topics or posts and choose a reminder date for your notifications!, but I'm not getting warm with the notification settings here.

I managed to get rid of all the notifications about people reacting (like/laugh/etc. button) to topics or posts (although not discretely, which doesn't seem to align with what the settings options say) finally, so there's a little less "noise" in my notification box.

But I can't see a way to silence all the notifications about anyone posting a topic, see screenshot. Is there? If not, the notifications aren't very useful. I just want notifications about followed people having posted a topic. I have to trawl through so many notifications that don't interest me at all, to see the few that do, that I just give up after looking at the first few notifications. Of course, I also read topics by people I don't follow (and occasionally might follow someone then), but I don't want notifications for literally every topic that gets posted, it's just too much.

706637313_notificationsnotificationsnotifications.thumb.png.c8a5b903b03242c768c4f19e4e485371.png

8 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

You can click here:

https://community.fiverr.com/followed/?type=forums_forum&change_section=1

And remove entire forum sections. I have no idea how I followed them, but the number of notifications was crazy. 

That's great, thank you! I wonder, too, I think those two that I now unfollowed were the ones I had muted on the last forum ... maybe the migration got that wrong ...? In any case, this should improve my forum experience quite a bit 🙂

I also used to get those notifications 😒 and what’s worst it was all topics that I had blocked on the old forum and now that it migrated to a new forum they suddenly became followed by me. 
I was really surprised to see that suddenly I was following “my fiverr gigs” category on this new forum. 

But I’m glad that you found how to mute them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I don't quite get the logic behind the Status Update notifications. 

What I'd expect, when clicking on a Status Update notification regarding person A, a person I follow: to arrive on their status page, or profile, or whatever it's called.

Which happens, but what also happens: I click on a Status Update regarding person A, but arrive on the status page of person B, another person I follow, or even on the page of person C, a person I do not follow, apparently because person A posted something on B's or C's status page.

Is there a way to get Status Update notifications only when person A posts something on their own (A's) page, or is the above the expected and wanted result?

Haha, no idea, sorry. I got tons of notifications by default, and worked my way down to not as many, but still too many 🙂

I also lost some notifications that I would have liked to keep in the process, while still getting some kind that I don't want, but there didn't seem to be a way to fine-tune it or I didn't manage to find it yet.

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

Sort of related question: How does one get a status update notification?

You should be getting a notification every time someone you follow posts a topic or posts a status update. If not, I would probably check to see if that’s turned off in your notification settings!  

3 minutes ago, krheate said:

You should be getting a notification every time someone you follow posts a topic or posts a status update

Oh my! I finally found it now thank you 😂 -- Was this not turned on by default? I feel like I'm the only one experiencing this. I swear I didn't tinker with any notification preferences. I had to manually check into people's profiles if they post status updates (and realized half way what was the point of following if there is no automatic way to see their status updates lol)

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

Oh my! I finally found it now thank you 😂 

Haha no problem! 😁

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

Was this not turned on by default?

Mine was turned on by default, but it got overwhelming to scroll through all the notifications of whenever someone posted, so I turned it off. And then people started using status updates, and I realized I was missing out on most of them because I had to manually check! 😅 

I have the notifications back on now, so now I can see whenever someone posts or replies to a status update!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. The preview on hovering thread titles is super useful.

In case it's technically possible and viable, it would be really nice to also have such a preview on hovering our notifications - you get so many notifications if you follow threads by posting in them and also follow a few people that it's pretty much impossible to check all notifications.

With a preview, it would be easy to see if, for example, someone asked you something or posted something you'd want to reply to, or just posted "thanks", and you wouldn't need to visit the respective thread just to see it was a "thanks", and there's nothing else new in the thread either, and you wouldn't miss questions or posts by people you'd like to reply to just because of the sheer number of notifications (and I have already turned off notifications about people using react emojis for my own content).

Archived