Cleared Funds Reversed to Pending

website786

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just happened to me as well… two payments cleared and now reversed to pending. I checked with my buyers and they both say they did not cancel the order or payment & My buyer said that the money was not charged back from his account… the orders were worth over $500 each and the buyers were both happy & the funds cleared into my account.
I went on holiday and planned to withdraw the funds when I got back and saw that one of the orders said ‘payment cancelled’ and then ‘funds reversed to pending’ and all of the money was removed from my account & the other one said the same thing but only 20% of the payment had been removed so I don’t think they did cancel? Will I get the money back?

have reached out to CS but no reply yet… did you get an answer on this from CS or reach a resolution? Does anyone have any ideas?

2 of my orders were cancelled in july
last cancellation was on 25th july
both were coz of buyer chargeback ( had a previous cancellation coz buyer ordered without reading gig description)
my gig was thrown to the last page and i’ve been struggling since that
before that i was in top search results on my gig category

i contacted fiverr support
the cancellations were removed from fiverr stats but the impact is still there
my gig has not returned to a better position yet
even though i’m getting order and completing them with good rating

there is no help or solution to this

On 9/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, graphicempire said:

This was happened to me couple of times and i have lost almost 200$, i don’t think that you will get that money back…anyway check the reason with CS…

Hoping to hear from them. I submitted a ticket yesterday but there’s been no update. Nothing from the buyer either.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, georgielh64 said:

I just had something similar (but not the same!) happen to me… I completed two orders for over $500 each and the buyers were both happy & the funds cleared into my account. I went on holiday and planned to withdraw the funds when I got back and saw that one of the orders said ‘payment cancelled’ and then ‘funds reversed to pending’ and all of the money was removed from my account & the other one said the same thing but only 20% of the payment had been removed.

I have reached out to both buyers and both claim they didn’t cancel the order or payment & have reached out to CS but have reached nothing back… something odd is going on…

Does anyone have any ideas?

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. There is certainly a lot that Fiverr needs to fix.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:37 PM, irfanpro said:

2 of my orders were cancelled in july

last cancellation was on 25th july

both were coz of buyer chargeback ( had a previous cancellation coz buyer ordered without reading gig description)

my gig was thrown to the last page and i’ve been struggling since that

before that i was in top search results on my gig category

i contacted fiverr support

the cancellations were removed from fiverr stats but the impact is still there

my gig has not returned to a better position yet

even though i’m getting order and completing them with good rating

there is no help or solution to this

Fiverr used to be a lot more fair to sellers but now it seems they are bending over backwards for the buyers only and abandoning the sellers.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, syead_riad said:

Feeling sorry for you brother. 🙁

Cheers. Hopefully it’s not a reoccurring thing.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:39 PM, meldawn9 said:

I usually have one chargeback or refund per year. I’m getting better at screening the scammers out.

I guess some are playing the long con as I had worked with this buyer before on gigs for a lot less. This one was a much bigger project. Burns me that they ended up getting the work for free.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:45 PM, latenitemedia1 said:

Fiverr used to be a lot more fair to sellers but now it seems they are bending over backwards for the buyers only and abandoning the sellers.

Just a note: fiverr do have written in their TOS that all chargebacks are strictly forbidden and buyers most likely will be banned right away after a chargeback. However fiverr can’t really do much if clients do a chargeback with their payment providers. So it’s not really about being “unfair to sellers”

Fiverr used to be a lot more fair to sellers but now it seems they are bending over backwards for the buyers

Just a note: fiverr do have written in their TOS that all chargebacks are strictly forbidden and buyers most likely will be banned right away after a chargeback. However fiverr can’t really do much if clients do a chargeback with their payment providers.

So it’s not really about being “unfair to sellers”

Buyers getting instant response from support yet sellers waiting for days and days is unfair

On 9/25/2020 at 8:22 AM, irfanpro said:

Buyers getting instant response from support yet sellers waiting for days and days is unfair

Yup. Still waiting. It would be nice to even get a “We’re looking into it”

On 9/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Just a note: fiverr do have written in their TOS that all chargebacks are strictly forbidden and buyers most likely will be banned right away after a chargeback. However fiverr can’t really do much if clients do a chargeback with their payment providers. So it’s not really about being “unfair to sellers”

I get there are some automatic processes but as of the moment, the buyer is still on the site (not responsding to my messages) and still purchasing other gigs. They at least left reviews for others less than a day ago.

I get there are some automatic processes but as of the moment, the buyer is still on the site (not responsding to my messages) and still purchasing other gigs. They at least left reviews for others less than a day ago.

What was the format of your work? Was it writing? If so, you can probably send them a “business language” message hinting heavily that you will “unfortunately be forced to file a DMCA report against their website/platform/etc” if the work - which you are tracking - is used, as money has as of now no longer changed hands.

If you’ve done previous work for them, it should be pretty easy to track down the site they’re using or posting on. Here’s some info on tracking down your work and filing a DMCA.

Omg… This actually scares me. I’m a new seller and I hope I never experience such things… getting the order cancelled before the payment clearance, no, no!

But why does Fiverr allow that? I mean, from what I read, a buyer can place an order for whatever he wants and cancel it anytime? If that’s the case, he will have the work done like he never spent a cent. for it? What if every buyer starts doing that? Why doesn’t Fiver keep a percentage of the payment for the seller as well, like at least 20%, because he actually worked and put effort and time in it. Isn’t there any “coverage” for the sellers in situations like this??

Omg… This actually scares me. I’m a new seller and I hope I never experience such things… getting the order cancelled before the payment clearance, no, no!

But why does Fiverr allow that? I mean, from what I read, a buyer can place an order for whatever he wants and cancel it anytime? If that’s the case, he will have the work done like he never spent a cent. for it? What if every buyer starts doing that? Why doesn’t Fiver keep a percentage of the payment for the seller as well, like at least 20%, because he actually worked and put effort and time in it. Isn’t there any “coverage” for the sellers in situations like this??

If you’re careful about picking your clients, this is a relative rarity - I wouldn’t let it bother you as a new seller. As the OP mentioned, he’s been here several years and this is the first time it’s happened to him. I’m at a year here, give or take, and I’ve had my work stolen and used once with zero backup from Fiverr - they just shrugged and told me to file a DMCA.

Imagine you rented an event hall for a party, and then an independent caterer to serve food in that event hall. You have your party, but the food and food service is just awful. You complain to the event hall, but they do nothing - it’s not their business, the arrangement was between you and the caterer, they just provided the building your party was hosted in. That’s what Fiverr is like - it’s a platform, and based on our collective past experiences, it’s not realistic to expect any real help from them when scenarios like this arise. Yes, they earn $2 out of every 10 we make, and they get to hold onto our money for two #^% weeks, but that’s the cost of “renting the event hall,” as it were.

If you’re careful about picking your clients, this is a relative rarity - I wouldn’t let it bother you as a new seller. As the OP mentioned, he’s been here several years and this is the first time it’s happened to him. I’m at a year here, give or take, and I’ve had my work stolen and used once with zero backup from Fiverr - they just shrugged and told me to file a DMCA.

Imagine you rented an event hall for a party, and then an independent caterer to serve food in that event hall. You have your party, but the food and food service is just awful. You complain to the event hall, but they do nothing - it’s not their business, the arrangement was between you and the caterer, they just provided the building your party was hosted in. That’s what Fiverr is like - it’s a platform, and based on our collective past experiences, it’s not realistic to expect any real help from them when scenarios like this arise. Yes, they earn $2 out of every 10 we make, and they get to hold onto our money for two #^% weeks, but that’s the cost of “renting the event hall,” as it were.

Thank you for assuring me! Well, I think I should start learning how to carefully pick my buyers then.

It took them the better part of a week and a half to get back to me, and even then it was a cut-and-paste form letter.

Yeah, finally got a response. They have marked the ticket as “resolved” even though the email from them said they were “still looking into it.” Essentially, “too bad, so sad”.

Sigh.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello everyone!

Two weeks ago I completed an order, buyer didn't respond in 3 days after delivery and order marked as completed. 

Today when funds had to be cleared I see messege saying "Cleared Funds Reversed to Pending" and "Cancelled Payment Refunded to Buyer". 

When I press View order button I can see that order NOT canceled and everything is alright.

Now I contacted CS and awaiting for response. But as I can understand from my previous experience with fiverr I'll never get this money back. Very sad.

So what I want to know:

1. What should I do to not lose my money again? I did everything like always and almost all my customers rate me as 5 star, furthermore this Gig has a Fiverr's choice.

2. Why it is separated into 2 things 52 and 12 USD?

Untitled.thumb.png.7b4abcc9d785fcec54fbec760dcecac4.png

I completed an order on April 23, the client accepted the work,  and then did a round of revisions for the client. They still weren't happy with the work, and on June 12 they messaged me asking for a refund. I ignored that message because I neither have the capability nor the power to give refunds.

The client contacted customer support a week ago, and they contacted me saying I had to reach out to the client to avoid the offer being cancelled. i reached out to them twice, the second time saying that since they were unhappy, I could work on their project at the rate of a chapter a week (the entire book is 65,000) words to completion. My next message from customer support said my offer of a chapter a MONTH was not acceptable, and they were cancelling the order and refunding the money to the customer. 

I wrote back and said that they had it wrong and I clearly said a chapter a week, not a month. This morning I went to withdraw funds from another order and found that the funds had cleared, but the money had been refunded to the client, and that the status of the funds had been reversed to pending again. Is Fiverr seriously taking money that I earned from other jobs to pay back this cancelled order? The job netted me $3,200 - it was the largest I've ever had - and not the kind of income I can just afford to lose because Fiverr's CSR misread what I wrote. Pretty panicked right now, would really appreciate any insight from other sellers. 

That sounds tough. Is your ticket closed? I'd follow up nicely, within the same ticket (if possible; you can re-open closed tickets, but I don't know if there's a time-limit for that) and ask them if they had the time to look into the case again since you let them know that they misread you with week/month (attach screenshot). 

It might also be possible to ask if a team lead can look into the issue. 

If you're not in contact with the customer at all, ever since you ignored their message, it might make sense to contact them directly too, both to figure out how to come to a solution that's acceptable for both sides (like your 1 chapter/month suggestion), and also to hear what exactly they aren't happy with - is it a vague kind of unhappy, or do they have more or less objective complaints - or there's probably the chance that they, and by extension CS, won't be happy after the second revision round either and you'll sink even more time into this. If the customer is okay with the solution you'd suggest, CS probably will be too. 

It's surely not easy with such an amount of money/lost time at stake, but try to calm down as best you can, to keep the fight, flight, freeze instincts at bay, and think clearly throughout all of this ordeal.

2 hours ago, yannisenglish said:

Doesn't make sense to take money from other orders.

• In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the canceled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Fiverr Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Fiverr Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.

• The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

23 hours ago, lloydsolutions said:
  • In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the canceled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Fiverr Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Fiverr Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.

• The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for sharing 🙂

I had that happen to me on a book I had written for a client last Christmas. It was quite the blow, especially during holiday time. The client ended up publishing the book I had written for them word-by-word. Unfortunately, Fiverr Customer Support did not care, saying the client was unhappy with my work and deserved the refund.

Sure, so unhappy that they published the book on Amazon!!!! In other words... a scammer!

I no longer accept orders over $25. It's not worth the stress for me. I'm transitioning into a new career, but it just takes time to complete the learning process. 

A few tactics that work sometimes --

1. Take the issue to social media. Voice the problem on Twit-ter, LI, etc.
  2. Reach out to 5r top execs on LinkedIn
  3. Use your connections to voice the issue
  4. Raise an issue on BBB
  5. File a case in your regional Small Claims Court (If it's still free?). 

None of these are guaranteed or likely to work though.

Good luck.

Xx

Archived