New Name for "Members"

mjensen415

Hi everyone.

I'm seeing that the Questions feature hasn't really been used correctly. Which is ok and we'll get there.  I thought I'd start by setting an example.  

I don't love the name "members" under everyone's profile. This is a default setting from the new platform.  I would prefer something along the lines of "Seller" but not everyone sells (we have some active buyers only here in the forum).  

So what do you think?  Please let me know what you'd like to be called and upvote suggestions you like. The winning name will have to be approved before implementing (re: boaty mcboatface). 

In the old forum, "Member" was one of the ranks. Perhaps something similar could be implemented here? The user's current forum rank instead of "Members"? Except for Administrators, Moderators, and others with an official role (their official role literally spelled out under their profile might help and build trust).

24 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

My suggetion is to remove that section entirely, leave the tagline only for FIverr Staffs. 

I might like Earid's suggestion most, to remove the section/leave it for Fiverr staff. 

Alternatively, Catwriter's suggestion to display the current forum "rank",

or maybe, if the name is pulled from the main Fiverr site, it might be possible to pull the join date and display it as "on Fiverr since (year)"

or "powering Fiverr since (year)" if you'd like something more in line with "Doers", "VID"s, and such 😉

In any case, "Member" is bland, unhelpful, and superfluous (or can people who aren't on Fiverr, post on this forum iteration?), so it could just as easily not be there.

33 minutes ago, mjensen415 said:

We'd love your help

I mean what I'm saying in the most respectful and collaborative way, but some things are making the platform really hard to work on.

I'm talking about the same things more expert members have said yet in other topics. Spamming is becoming a big problem here - everyday we have at least 60 posts on "How can I job fast🤑" with people responding "stay active send request brother" over ten times per topic - or even giving false information.

We have Buyer's Requests stating to contact them on their WhatsApp (see photo), or just messaging people asking their numbers. I blocked 6 people this week just messaging "hi text on WhatsApp [number]". 

Now, I'm not a m o d, I'm not an IT expert and I don't know how to practically solve these problems, but I think we all noticed. 

IMG_20210701_195548.thumb.jpg.c5fddedb69efc2921c7968ea48673336.jpg

I think if I am a seller then there should be "Seller" with my level...  not "Member". Everyone will be able to recognize who I am speaking with. It is understood that everyone is a member. So there is no need to mention it here.  

49 minutes ago, miiila said:

or maybe, if the name is pulled from the main Fiverr site, it might be possible to pull the join date and display it as "on Fiverr since (year)"

I like this idea! It gives the more experienced users some credibility by showing how long we’ve been on Fiverr.

Or we could show the Forum user’s reputation score underneath. 

Is there a way for everyone to pick on their own what they want? Maybe we could put our own little motto!

If they're all going to be the same (other than Admin, of course), how about deleting them entirely? They serve no real purpose. Is it possible to have a multiple choice option on our profiles? Seller, Buyer, Doer, Fiverr McFiverrface.

15 hours ago, krheate said:

Wait, really? Because I see a lot of posts where it says "Guest ___" as the person's username.

That seems to have been due to the migration, I'd seen a post by a "Guest___" that I could clearly identify as a Fiverr/forum member, she probably somehow posted while not being logged into the new forum and the forum gave her that "Guest title". Next time I saw a post of hers, it was with the regular name and profile image.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, miiila said:

I might like Earid's suggestion most, to remove the section/leave it for Fiverr staff. 

Alternatively, Catwriter's suggestion to display the current forum "rank",

or "powering Fiverr since (year)" if you'd like something more in line with "Doers", "VID"s, and such 😉

In any case, "Member" is bland, unhelpful, and superfluous (or can people who aren't on Fiverr, post on this forum iteration?), so it could just as easily not be there.

Totally agree on this. It would be helpful for the buyer as well to come to know the member since and the experience in work. 

On 7/2/2021 at 2:01 AM, melanielm said:

If they're all going to be the same (other than Admin, of course), how about deleting them entirely? They serve no real purpose. Is it possible to have a multiple choice option on our profiles? Seller, Buyer, Doer, Fiverr McFiverrface.

that would be more worst because some sellers are buyers too.  better leave to users or as it is. 

I have a few ideas. Since the idea is to vote on these ideas, I'll post each as a separate post.

My first idea:

"Ambassador"

This term has a positive, distinguished feel. Since we are all representative of buyers and sellers, here on the Fiverr forums, we are, essentially, representing Fiverr to others who come here, and seek information. From that informational/representational aspect, we are all forum ambassadors for Fiverr, as well as the freelance market that Fiverr exists to promote. 

As noted in my other posts, I have a few ideas, so I'll post them individually, in order to comply with the requested voting mechanism:

My second idea is a little outside the box:

"Inquisitive"

While this is neither a noun, nor a subject-oriented title, this is a term that defines each and every one of us, here on the forum. We are all here to learn, share our knowledge, and interact with the collective forum user base. As such, minus any sort of rank connotation, we are all inquisitive seekers/purveyors of knowledge related to buying and selling on Fiverr.

Archived