New Name for "Members"

mjensen415

Question

In the old forum, "Member" was one of the ranks. Perhaps something similar could be implemented here? The user's current forum rank instead of "Members"? Except for Administrators, Moderators, and others with an official role (their official role literally spelled out under their profile might help and build trust).

• Like 35

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

My suggetion is to remove that section entirely, leave the tagline only for FIverr Staffs. 

I might like Earid's suggestion most, to remove the section/leave it for Fiverr staff. 

Alternatively, Catwriter's suggestion to display the current forum "rank",

or maybe, if the name is pulled from the main Fiverr site, it might be possible to pull the join date and display it as "on Fiverr since (year)"

or "powering Fiverr since (year)" if you'd like something more in line with "Doers", "VID"s, and such 😉

In any case, "Member" is bland, unhelpful, and superfluous (or can people who aren't on Fiverr, post on this forum iteration?), so it could just as easily not be there.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 26

49 minutes ago, miiila said:

or maybe, if the name is pulled from the main Fiverr site, it might be possible to pull the join date and display it as "on Fiverr since (year)"

I like this idea! It gives the more experienced users some credibility by showing how long we’ve been on Fiverr.

Or we could show the Forum user’s reputation score underneath. 

Is there a way for everyone to pick on their own what they want? Maybe we could put our own little motto!

• Like 23

Posted (edited)

I would like to be called "Queen." 👸🏻 Or as my dad would say, "Call me anything but do not call me late for dinner!"

Are you saying everyone has to have the same "name" under our profile image? 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 27
  • Haha 14

Okay, my turn.

I think keeping it simple is best.

I think the "titles" should reflect what we are doing here on Fiverr: Seller, Buyer, Seller/Buyer.

Just three possible titles, except Fiverr Staff for the obvious reasons.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, miiila said:

(or can people who aren't on Fiverr, post on this forum iteration?

You are required to have a Fiverr account in order to interact or post in the forum.

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, francescaabb said:

No, really, the state of this forum and platform is disastrous. Name doesn't matter. 

Well, if that's the case, this is the first step in fixing the "disaster". We'd love your help. 

• Like 19

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, mjensen415 said:

We'd love your help

I mean what I'm saying in the most respectful and collaborative way, but some things are making the platform really hard to work on.

I'm talking about the same things more expert members have said yet in other topics. Spamming is becoming a big problem here - everyday we have at least 60 posts on "How can I job fast🤑" with people responding "stay active send request brother" over ten times per topic - or even giving false information.

We have Buyer's Requests stating to contact them on their WhatsApp (see photo), or just messaging people asking their numbers. I blocked 6 people this week just messaging "hi text on WhatsApp [number]". 

Now, I'm not a m o d, I'm not an IT expert and I don't know how to practically solve these problems, but I think we all noticed. 

IMG_20210701_195548.thumb.jpg.c5fddedb69efc2921c7968ea48673336.jpg

Edited by francescaabb
Typo
  • Like 22

If they're all going to be the same (other than Admin, of course), how about deleting them entirely? They serve no real purpose. Is it possible to have a multiple choice option on our profiles? Seller, Buyer, Doer, Fiverr McFiverrface.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

You are required to have a Fiverr account in order to interact or post in the forum.

Wait, really? Because I see a lot of posts where it says "Guest ___" as the person's username.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, krheate said:

Wait, really? Because I see a lot of posts where it says "Guest ___" as the person's username.

That seems to have been due to the migration, I'd seen a post by a "Guest___" that I could clearly identify as a Fiverr/forum member, she probably somehow posted while not being logged into the new forum and the forum gave her that "Guest title". Next time I saw a post of hers, it was with the regular name and profile image.

• Like 20

Posted (edited)

Sooo... not directly making a direct suggestion (so go ahead and downvote, since it's marginally off-topic), but I found more information on this setting, in case anyone's interested. (What can and cannot be done, as this appears to be static rather than dynamic.) Apparently 'roles' are more about permissions, so the 'title' is indeed somewhat pointless unless part of the staff. https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/members-and-groups/adding-editing-groups-r30/

As for suggestions, I know there's new paid people on the forums to help with staff tasks, but just in case you are indeed considering adding roles: Number 1 (editor) and Number 4 (mentor)

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 12

On 7/1/2021 at 11:57 PM, miiila said:

I might like Earid's suggestion most, to remove the section/leave it for Fiverr staff. 

Alternatively, Catwriter's suggestion to display the current forum "rank",

or "powering Fiverr since (year)" if you'd like something more in line with "Doers", "VID"s, and such 😉

In any case, "Member" is bland, unhelpful, and superfluous (or can people who aren't on Fiverr, post on this forum iteration?), so it could just as easily not be there.

Yup, it seems like everyone has the same emblem called Member.

• Like 9

Again, this is posted individually to facilitate the voting mechanism.

My fourth, and final idea, is longer, but descriptive and direct:

"Seeker of Knowledge"

I suppose this could also be, "Seeker of Wisdom". The best option depends upon which angle you choose to take.

This one, though three words in length, is spot-on for what most people use the forum. They want to learn more about Fiverr, how to be a great seller, and there is a wealth of users here who have knowledge and wisdom to share in those areas. Plus, even those of us sharing knowledge on the forum, learn new things here too, so, even the sharers of knowledge/wisdom are seekers as well.

I will admit, this title is a little more stuffy, but, to each their own. My other suggestions express other angles to mjensen's request, so, this is but a variety of creative suggestions. 

• Like 14

Posted (edited)

Let's put the total number of upvote minus the number of downvote for each user!

EDIT : unfortunateley I just saw that Upvotes and Downvotes are not available everywhere (only in "Questions"?)

Edited by teramangala
  • Like 10