Can’t verify my ID. Fiverr suspended my account. CS won't help

alvarobabe

Question

Hi there, I’m going to try to make this as short as possible, let me talk facts first:

7th May: I write my first ticket saying that I sent my ID verification 2 days ago and I had heard it usually took less time to validate. I was worried that my account could be suspended, and that I would lose my clients. I had started only a month ago and I had made just under 1000$ in the past 15 days. So I wrote my first ticket on this day to ask for help in advance (keep in mind Fiverr gives you 14 days to verify your ID and I still had 12 days left, I was asking for help in good time)

8th May: 11 days left until suspension. I get an email from Milos in CS (Customer Service) explaining how to verify my ID. I tell him that I have already completed the procedure, but the verification hasn’t come back yet. I offer my phone number and a facetime call to verify my ID.

This is the first time I get the following answer but don’t worry, as you will be able to read later, I get it many times more:

• “I will need to forward this to our relevant team to be reviewed further, as soon as I get an update I will reply back in this ticket request.”

From now on if you read “the default phrase” you know I am referring to that phrase.

11th May: 3 days later, 8 days left until suspension. I email Milos kindly asking for an update and telling him that I have 3 new orders for a value of 600$, telling him this is a big chunk of my monthly income and that time is running out, I cannot afford loosing clients.

13th May: 2 days later, 6 days until suspension. We now welcome Tammy from CS to the conversation; she tells me that there seems to be a problem and “the default question”:

I answer Tammy’s email as kindly and patient as I can be:

• “Thank you, Tammy, I wait patiently for additional information. If I should take a new photo just tell me and I will.”

18th May: 5 days later, 1 day until suspension. Until now Fiverr’s CS has only answered my emails, they have never had the curtesy of informing me of any progress. I write another email to Tammy telling her I have only 1 day left to verify my ID and I end the email in a more serious note:

• “I please ask you to verify my account, this worries me a lot. Because of the fear of not being paid by fiver, today is the last day I will be working on my gigs in progress. I have written over 5 emails about this subject and received no solution, I will not work until my account is verified. I still offer my help to verify my account by answering a call or sending my ID and picture to someone in particular of your choosing, whatever you prefer.”

That same afternoon I get a response, this time from Simon (yet again, we welcome our third CS attendee). The response is “the default phrase”

19th May: Today is the day my account was suspended… for the first time… oh yes, just keep reading. On this day I send an email to Simon summarising every single email I had sent to Milos, Tammy and now him. I stop being exaggeratingly kind, still kind, but more serious, I offer my phone number to resolve the issue at hand and I also add this phrase to my 400-word email:

• “After 12 days my account has finally been suspended (as I feared since day 12), you have not taken this problem seriously and now it is affecting my income, nobody can see my gig anymore and I have stopped receiving orders.

Simon answers saying they don’t offer phone support and, why not, also with “the default phrase”.

23rd May: 4 days later, 16 days since my very first email asking for help. I kindly ask Simon for an update on the progress.

… we now welcome Igor to the conversation; he answers with a modified version of “the default phrase” to which I just say “thank you. I await your response”.

29th May: 6 days later, 22 days since my very first email. This is my 10th email to date, and I have not received any emails from fiver with an update in 22 days! Only “the default phrase” therefore, I say this to Igor:

image.png.014b5877d7eb65d7e9dd06f9483f6b55.png

This is the first time I ask for the contact details for their supervisor (Milo’s, Tammy’s, Simon’s and Igor’s). Spoiler Alert: I still haven’t received it on the day I am writing this (33 days later).

Milos is the one who answers! My very first CS Attendee, he basically gives me “the default phrase”.

I then demand the supervisor’s contact details on that same day. Once again he gives me “the default phrase”.

30th May: 23 days since my very first email. Suddenly Milos writes his very first email that is not a response, saying he has an update. The “relevant team” has finally reactivated my account and he kindly asks me to start my ID verification process once again. I than have another 14 days to complete the ID verification.

I answer on that same day happy about my account being reinstated but informing him that their ID verification page won’t let me upload the pictures.

This is probably boring for you all so I will summarise the rest:

30th May – 13th June: On the following 14 days I am asked to upload a video of their ID page failing mid procedure, which I do. Oh, we also welcome Boris and Sona from Fiverr CS to the conversation. How many attendees have I gone through now? 6? I lost count. Boris and Sona give me both “the default phrase” and no help at all… result: My account is suspended once again.

14th June – 1st July: During this period we welcome, once again, somebody new, his name is Alan, at this point I don’t know if they are actually people or an AI system changing its name and giving very similar and sometimes exact copies of “the default phrase”. Funny, seems like an automated system is trying to determine if I am a real human. It has been 56 days since my first ticket. Most of those days I have lost a big chunk of my income and have spent countless hours sending exactly 17 emails (approximately 1 every 3 days). This has been my final email:

image.png.1d74437f8a2b01c0e6dfe80f9441de32.png

I was answered by Alan, once again, with “the default phrase” and no comment whatsoever about any supervisor’s details.

If you have read until this point, I thank you for your time and patience. After 7 CS attendees (Milos, Tammy, Simon, Igor, Boris, Sona and Alan), 56 days, 17 emails, countless potential clients and income lost and 1276 words written in this post, my resolve is unaffected:

I ask Fiverr’s kind community:

¿Can someone give me the contact details of the CS Supervisor? Even better if someone could tag that pertinent person to this forum post, but any help at all is very much appreciated.

I ask Fiverr’s lead team:

¿Why do you only give 14 days to verify a seller’s ID when your “relevant team” clearly takes longer that 56 days? I have no problem in waiting close to 2 months to verify my ID as long as you don’t suspend my account mid-way.

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, alvarobabe said:

Milos in CS (Customer Service)

@milos_siena I have a feeling this is the same Milos from CS! He is a new forum moderator perhaps he will be able to better assist you. (Forgive me if I'm wrong, Milos!) 

15 minutes ago, alvarobabe said:

I ask Fiverr’s kind community:

¿Can someone give me the contact details of the CS Supervisor? Even better if someone could tag that pertinent person to this forum post, but any help at all is very much appreciated.

I am very sorry for your experience, the forum is predominantly filled with sellers and buyers so there aren't a lot of Fiverr staff going over the posts. I for one do not know how to contact anyone beyond the regular Customer Support, it's just either https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new or support@fiverr.com

16 minutes ago, alvarobabe said:

I ask Fiverr’s lead team:

¿Why do you only give 14 days to verify a seller’s ID when your “relevant team” clearly takes longer that 56 days? I have no problem in waiting close to 2 months to verify my ID as long as you don’t suspend my account mid-way.

Hello @mjensen415, hoping you can relay this to someone on the team!

14 minutes ago, alvarobabe said:

Can someone give me the contact details of the CS Supervisor? Even better if someone could tag that pertinent person to this forum post, but any help at all is very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, the only known ways of contacting CS are the ticket system, the general support email, and (VERY rarely) reaching out to Fiverr on other social media platforms like Fiverr's twitter page or Fiverr's FaceBook page. 

As to your second question directed at Fiverr, it's unlikely that you'll get an answer from Fiverr here on the forums. 

Archived