How do I write a cover letter or buyer request?

f_graphics

Question

HI, I am new at fiverr but an experienced freelancer since 2007. I have some tips for new sellers to use the “See Available Projects” section.

Here are some of the things you MUST keep in mind while writing for Available Projects:

1. Read the brief:
    Read the summary, at least, TWICE before writing.

2. Are you the best fit?
    Make sure you understand what the buyer exactly wants. If you don’t understand or if you think you aren’t the absolute BEST FIT for the job, don’t waste your time and the buyers. Besides, you only get a fixed number of proposals you can send every day. Use them wisely.

3. Keep it Simple:
    If you have decided to write for a project, keep it short, simple and to the point. Buyers can see your basic information from your profile (and they would). You don’t need to go into that detail in the bid.

4. Don’t Use the Same proposal for every job:
    Some of the sellers are in the habit of using same scripted bids for every job. Buyers can smell that from a mile and are offended by it. If you cannot take out the time to write a customized proposal or bid for them, how will you take the time to produce high-quality original work for them?

5. Use friendly, conversational tone:
    It is not necessary to use complex technical words to impress buyers into hiring you. Most of the buyers are impressed by your originality. The more personal your proposal is, the more are your chances of getting hired. Address the buyer by their name at least twice in the project.

6. Tell the buyer what you can do for them:
    Give the buyer a reason to hire you. You are a 22-year-old graphic designer with 15years of experience (apparently you started designing at age 7. Seriously?) You have one course or training or degrees in graphic design blah blah. There is a 98.999% chance there are plenty like you saying the same things.

Tell the buyer exactly why they should hire you and not anyone else from among the 20-30ish proposals they receive. They have a problem they would like solved. Tell them how you will solve their problem.

1. Address the buyer’s needs in the first sentence:
    You can win or lose the bidding war based on the first sentence you write in your proposal. If you were a buyer with some 20-30 proposals to go through, you would only be gliding through all of them, paying attention only when something caught your eye right away.
    Make sure the first sentence of your proposal addresses your buyer’s needs, discuss your prior experience with similar jobs in later judgements.

2. Proofread:
    Use correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Always improve your proposal before sending it. A rough and randomly written proposal will give the buyer the impression that you aren’t very serious about their job.

3. Offer higher prices:
    This works out better than one because high prices are perceived to mean more top quality. By offering high priced services, you are establishing yourself as an experienced freelancer who is new to the website but know his/her worth.

I hope you find this article and these samples useful. Go hit Fiverr right away and use these strategies to find your next big client… Happy Fiverring!

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 8/14/2021 at 10:25 PM, tapiapik said:

Please Tell me the way to get Client from Buyer Request ?

Weren't you getting 1k impressions after your buyer hired you twice? What happened? How come buyers aren't placing orders or contacting you without the need of buyer request? Wasn't it that having returning buyers increased your impressions, "ranking" and sales?

These are your words 👇

On 8/14/2021 at 10:19 PM, tapiapik said:

but it happen in my gig as new seller, when my client repeat order and after he approved the second service, my impression up until 1k

I just send 56 buyer request but It Seems Nobody Interested in My Respond. I only bid what I can do. But it seems not working. I search on Forum about this topic but I can't find an suitable answer for that.  Is there any expert / top rated seller who can suggest me about that ?

1. Introduce yourself
  2. Resolve the buyer's needs (keep the proposal appropriately descriptive and relevant)
  3. You have to write in writing for the interest of the buyer.
  4. Try to persuade your idea as much as possible. Talk to them with interest, Give them a purpose to get the right rent so you can showcase your skills with portfolio links

A quick, straightforward greeting and introduction followed by a concise restatement of the client’s core need or problem.
A clear statement that tells clients that you can solve their problem and that you can start right away.
A short pitch, preferably two to three sentences, telling the prospective client exactly why you’re an excellent fit for the job.
A brief but detailed description of the methods and processes you’ll use to approach the project and provide excellent service.
Attachments such as relevant documents, files of sample works, or links to your portfolio demonstrating your past projects related to the client’s needs.

How To send a effective buyer request?

You can follow this simple steps

• Read the Buyer Requirements
  • Make Every Word Count
  • Focus on Benefits (not features)
  • Put Your Best Foot Forward
  • Don’t Use an Excess of Technical Language

Hope It will help you guys

On 7/6/2021 at 5:02 AM, mdsojib276 said:

Rule No. 1) First of all see how many people have sent offers. Apply for the project first with the lowest number of offers sent.

Rule No. 2) Try to work within the budget in which the client has sent the offer or offer a little more or less. Keep in mind that the budget is not too much or less than the budget given by the client.

Rule No. 3) Try to provide more information by writing less.

Rule No. 4) Just give priority to the project. Discuss how to do the project. Never say these things. (I am experienced, I have 5 years of experience, how are you, what are you doing.)

Rule No. 5) Try to explain to the client why your service is better than other sellers and what services you will provide extra which other sellers will not provide.

Rule No. 6) Trust the Client If you make any changes after delivery, you will do it for free (if the client deserves it).

1.) This is a terrible suggestion. Just because you see a request with a low number of responses on a request, doesn't mean it won't gain 100 after you respond. Then, you're in the middle of over a hundred requests, and the odds are strong that the buyer isn't going to wade through so many terrible seller responses (because, let's face it, most of them are written by sellers who have no idea how to compete for a job).

2.) I know quite a few buyers who posted a low budget, but hired me for a lot more than they posted. Many buyers don't know what kind of budget to suggest, so they just post a number, and hire a seller, at a different price, from the offer page. It can become a good skill once you can identify the buyers who know their budget, from the buyers who just posted a number, and let the offers, on the offer page, do the talking.

3.) Write what is necessary to address the buyer's needs. Be personal.

4.) Present yourself honestly.

5.) Why waste space explaining how all of your competitors are worse than you? Present your services honestly, and address the needs of the buyer. 

6.) I don't recommend this, because this opens the door for buyers to take advantage of you. Offer revisions, and if there is more work requested, than the revisions offered in the terms of your gig, require additional payment. Your services have value. Don't give them away for free.

Archived