How do I write a cover letter or buyer request?

f_graphics

Question

HI, I am new at fiverr but an experienced freelancer since 2007. I have some tips for new sellers to use the “See Available Projects” section.

Here are some of the things you MUST keep in mind while writing for Available Projects:

1. Read the brief:
    Read the summary, at least, TWICE before writing.

2. Are you the best fit?
    Make sure you understand what the buyer exactly wants. If you don’t understand or if you think you aren’t the absolute BEST FIT for the job, don’t waste your time and the buyers. Besides, you only get a fixed number of proposals you can send every day. Use them wisely.

3. Keep it Simple:
    If you have decided to write for a project, keep it short, simple and to the point. Buyers can see your basic information from your profile (and they would). You don’t need to go into that detail in the bid.

4. Don’t Use the Same proposal for every job:
    Some of the sellers are in the habit of using same scripted bids for every job. Buyers can smell that from a mile and are offended by it. If you cannot take out the time to write a customized proposal or bid for them, how will you take the time to produce high-quality original work for them?

5. Use friendly, conversational tone:
    It is not necessary to use complex technical words to impress buyers into hiring you. Most of the buyers are impressed by your originality. The more personal your proposal is, the more are your chances of getting hired. Address the buyer by their name at least twice in the project.

6. Tell the buyer what you can do for them:
    Give the buyer a reason to hire you. You are a 22-year-old graphic designer with 15years of experience (apparently you started designing at age 7. Seriously?) You have one course or training or degrees in graphic design blah blah. There is a 98.999% chance there are plenty like you saying the same things.

Tell the buyer exactly why they should hire you and not anyone else from among the 20-30ish proposals they receive. They have a problem they would like solved. Tell them how you will solve their problem.

1. Address the buyer’s needs in the first sentence:
    You can win or lose the bidding war based on the first sentence you write in your proposal. If you were a buyer with some 20-30 proposals to go through, you would only be gliding through all of them, paying attention only when something caught your eye right away.
    Make sure the first sentence of your proposal addresses your buyer’s needs, discuss your prior experience with similar jobs in later judgements.

2. Proofread:
    Use correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Always improve your proposal before sending it. A rough and randomly written proposal will give the buyer the impression that you aren’t very serious about their job.

3. Offer higher prices:
    This works out better than one because high prices are perceived to mean more top quality. By offering high priced services, you are establishing yourself as an experienced freelancer who is new to the website but know his/her worth.

I hope you find this article and these samples useful. Go hit Fiverr right away and use these strategies to find your next big client… Happy Fiverring!

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 1/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, ashik_kuet said:

Thanks for your suggestion. But I think, we should write the replies from buyers' perspective. They may expect more to-the-point replies rather than this type generic reply.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:51 AM, tahiriqbalnajam said:

I think while we are making an offer we need to ensure that we are mentioning the User's details also. So that a client can understand that the person has read all of the requirements. 

Oh my gosh, thank you for being honest. I'm so thrilled that there are people here who isn't spamming the usual thank yous.

I agree with both of you, 100%. Generic responses are so over used. Like 90% use the same canned response.

Matter of fact, sometimes I get 3 or 4 sellers that send me identical replies. I'd have to check to see if the same seller sent me multiple bids. NOPE. Everyone was using same shares response.

Hint: Stop telling the buyer your credentials, education, experiences and stop saying you are an expert.

Tell the client explicit detail of what or how you will achieve the project. Ask a question, it shows you read it and actually understand it!! 

Guest ashik_kuet

Thanks for your suggestion. But I think, we should write the replies from buyers' perspective. They may expect more to-the-point replies rather than this type generic reply.

Fiverr web design buyer request sample
The web design category is highly popular. This sector employs more than 60k sellers. There are numerous job postings under the buyer request section. So, to get a job in the web design field, the ideal buyer request is crucial.

HI, I READ YOUR JOB POSTING, AND I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ( DESCRIBE CLIENT REQUIREMENTS AND ASK SOME QUESTIONS). I AM A WEB DEVELOPER AND DESIGNER WITH PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BUSINESS HAS A MOBILE-FRIENDLY RESPONSIVE WEBSITE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MESSAGE ME RIGHT NOW, I AM AVAILABLE FOR YOU.

Warm regards
Your website designer

1 hour ago, sajidmahmud630 said:

Why do not get order after placing 195 requests to buyers?

I would guess that you are not earning orders in the buyer request section, because you are not presenting the best offer to meet the needs of the requests you respond to. You are not guaranteed orders in the BR section, or Fiverr as a whole. You are competing against many other sellers in the BR section, all of whom want to win that same project. If you want to be hired from BR, be the best offer the buyer sees.

Hello, I am looking for tips and advise from level 1 or above seller on how to utilize the most out the huge number buyer requests. In my category I see 600+ everyday but when I go through them almost all of them are previous days and old. What I am confused about is that should I go through all the 600 everyday or only send request to the new ones. What strategy has been working for you? Please feel free to share tips or advise. Thanks is advance. 

1 hour ago, mbappi00 said:

I have sent total 7 buyer request. Today I check all the byer portfolio which I have sent byer request. In the 7 request it was 5 fake buyer. Some of them has 1 or 2 review as seller and most of the other account was dead.

I don't now why the seller create byer request. But now I want to report the seller who created fake byer request. And my question is "does it will be harmful for my account".

I Agree with you why they do that?
it's really irritated. 

18 minutes ago, mbappi00 said:

I don't now why the seller create byer request. But now I want to report the seller who created fake byer request. And my question is "does it will be harmful for my account".

No, it will not affect your account if you report a seller for abusing the buyer requests. But its best you just ignore and focus on making offers to the actual buyer requests.

I have sent total 7 buyer request. Today I check all the byer portfolio which I have sent byer request. In the 7 request it was 5 fake buyer. Some of them has 1 or 2 review as seller and most of the other account was dead.

The golden rule of sending buyer requests.

Rule No. 1) First of all see how many people have sent offers. Apply for the project first with the lowest number of offers sent.

Rule No. 2) Try to work within the budget in which the client has sent the offer or offer a little more or less. Keep in mind that the budget is not too much or less than the budget given by the client.

Rule No. 3) Try to provide more information by writing less.

Rule No. 4) Just give priority to the project. Discuss how to do the project. Never say these things. (I am experienced, I have 5 years of experience, how are you, what are you doing.)

Rule No. 5) Try to explain to the client why your service is better than other sellers and what services you will provide extra which other sellers will not provide.

Rule No. 6) Trust the Client If you make any changes after delivery, you will do it for free (if the client deserves it).

Thank you
regards
Md. mohinul Islam (mdsojib276)

How do I write a cover letter or buyer request?

Stay away from copy letter copy paste. Same for buyer request. Read the job, understand the good and the bad. Then replay the buyer through a conversation. If you don't want to do this trouble, open an IT firm with crores of rupees. Employees will do that.
In fact, when a buyer posts a job, he wants everyone to read the job. And the north side like that. Suppose you make a cupboard. He went to the shop and said, "Brother, I want a wooden cupboard. Can you make one?" What will the price be? What else to give wood? Then the shopkeeper started.
Hello sir. Thank you so much for visiting our store. We are the wooden shop that has been making a continuous cupboard since 1950. There is no dirt around our shop, we are eco-friendly and we have AC in our shop! We have 10 skilled craftsmen who are very skilled at carving wood. Please give me your job. We will satisfy you completely Insha Allah.
Yes,
Barkat Mia. 😛 😛

Now he said whether he would like to slap her? Seeing the copy paste of all of you and the diamond of beating your own drums, the buyers feel the same. If not, add the words "I have read" or "interested" in the text so that I understand you have read my writing. Because none of you read it and copy paste replay. Because this same replay has given 20 more people what you are giving.
In the past, you could get work with this copy paste or a big neat letter. But now it does not go. Because donkeys do not understand this work more.
So the writing could have been,
Buyer: "I want a wooden cupboard, can you make one? How much will it cost? What other wood will you give me?"
Cellar: "We like your vision. You're here for work (try to finish this gun song line in the half line. No one will read the 3 line gun song).
Well sir or friend or brother, we sell many kinds of cupboards, how do you feel? Okay, let me help. How many square feet is your living room? If the room is large, you can take a three-story cupboard. It has more space but the cost will be less than that. We will be able to do crafts and colors to match the decoration of your home. But you can also take two paellas if you want. Nowadays it is also very aristocratic. It takes up less space and since we have been doing this business with a reputation for the last 5 years, we can give the best suggestions which cupboard will be the best for your home. (But he beat his own drum. Because in the beginning I have Han, I have Tan, I have 10 years of experience, no one believes it today. Because there is no way to know if a 10 year old is saying that.)
Stick him to you like this. Then tell me to give some samples. But we have many more samples. I gave you some work that matches you see. And no matter how low or high the price is, we don't compromise on quality, sir / friend / brother. Because we believe quality will help you remember me and we want us to take place in the minds of buyers. (Will win the heart with tenderness, though it will vary from job to job).
That is our price range. But please compare our quality with the rest, surely your price range will not be too much. (Free him like this, he can go to another place or shop if he wants. Please hire me, please give me the job. Don't complain like this which is annoying. But try to give a range of price. If you give a fixed price, many may Don't work. Give him a chance to come to the inbox. Set a low to medium price at once. When he comes to the inbox, understand the buyer and ask for the price).
Offer him free help. As said customer satisfaction is most valuable to us. So if you spell from somewhere else, I can give you some free advice so that you can get the best service from him. (Here you did not say but what are the tips, but you explained to him that you are the best in the market.)
Let me know your opinion. I'm here for any open discussion about your cupboard. Thank you. "
This is an organic cover letter or buyer request. Not so much that you have to write. But all the shots will be different from one. Job understand letter. Many people may be talking nonsense, how many things do you need to write? I get a job copying! But maybe you can do a good job, your portfolio is good or you are just lucky, so get the job. However, if there is even a little bit of intelligence, the child will not be able to say and understand the words of a parrot bird, no one will work today.
You have to work. And this is what you will say. After that you will get the job but later the order will be canceled because if you are not proficient in that job. So first of all skills, then English and then communication. So, keep that in mind. 🙂
Happy Freelancing

Archived