Buyer cancels order after work delivered

mel_mitch

I am utterly shocked at some buyer's behaviour. 

There is currently civil unrest in my country (there has never been anything like this before as we are a peaceful nation). We are scared for our lives and I am still professional enough to send all of my buyers information to keep them updated. I have been online when I can as communications in the country were blacked out. Fiverr is my only source of income, as my husband lost his job due to covid. I have two kids to feed and the way that we are taken advantage of by buyers is utterly disgusting. 

While all my buyers with ongoing jobs have been so kind, extending prayers and love, this one buyer WHOSE WORK I HAVE ACTUALLY FINISHED 3000 WORDS ABOVE OUR AGREED WORD COUNT has cancelled her order, walking away with a free e-book. I had been contacting her before the riots even began because she pushed the work into revision saying she needed time to read over it. That is not what a revision is for. A revision should be used when the buyer has read the work and is unhappy with something. She goes on to state that she has been waiting on me for 10 days, when I am the one who was waiting for her to come back with her revisions. 

I would like Fiverr support to attend to this woman because she has taken advantage of a very delicate situation and I have communication records to show her thanking me for my patience and making excuses that she is ill and cannot come up with the changes yet. If I can still attend to work in a war torn country, surely she could have sent me a simple list of changes with the minor cold she explained she was recovering from. She is a top buyer and will continue to extort us as she wishes. How vile. 

She has made it out as though I have not been compliant with her, when she is at fault. I am a few thousand dollars away from the limit for Top Rated and 5 orders shy of 100. I have goals with this platform as we all do, and she has dropped my completion rating which is coming up for review this month. I am FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I hope my communications stay online long enough to resolve this. I am in complete disbelief. 

Untitled design.jpg

18 minutes ago, mel_mitch said:

While all my buyers with ongoing jobs have been so kind, extending prayers and love, this one buyer WHOSE WORK I HAVE ACTUALLY FINISHED 3000 WORDS ABOVE OUR AGREED WORD COUNT has cancelled her order, walking away with a free e-book. I had been contacting her before the riots even began because she pushed the work into revision saying she needed time to read over it. That is not what a revision is for. A revision should be used when the buyer has read the work and is unhappy with something. She goes on to state that she has been waiting on me for 10 days, when I am the one who was waiting for her to come back with her revisions. 

Fiverr really needs to step up their policy and take actions to prevent situations like these. The best you can do is contact CS and try to show proof of your work in order to save your stats.

Where are you? How scary what is going on in your area of the world.

It is not uncommon for some unscrupulous buyers here to cancel orders and take the product. Do you know if they were going to attempt to sell this ebook on their site or Amazon? If so, you can complain to their host or to Amazon that they are using stolen goods.

Is their seller profile still available? If not, this means they cancelled via their payment source and Fiverr banned them. If they still do have a profile, I would write to customer service

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

and explain the situation. They may be able to get your money for you, but, in my experience this does not always occur.

GG

17 hours ago, azadfardin01 said:

Fiverr really needs to step up their policy and take actions to prevent situations like these.

I agree with you. It is sad to read stories like this. Sellers working tirelessly, honestly, and still having their orders canceled for uncontrollable situations.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all so much. Everything has settled down to a quiet murmur in the sleepy nation I call home. I was in complete disbelief over this buyer's behavior. Shockingly, it is something that I hear is quite common. I have such amazing clients that I work with on Fiverr, most of whom are repeat buyers. Needless to say when someone attempts to cancel an order without even approaching me for final revisions, it's confusing. I always maintain the highest level of customer service excellence, even when I'm pulling my hair out behind the monitor. 😅

I really agree with you all. Fiverr is a wonderful platform, but something has to be done about buyers like this. I get it from a CS perspective. I really do. We don't want to put too many constraints on our buyers, because we want to offer them world-class service, but that doesn't necessitate us working like mules and not getting any reprieve. Eventually this was attended to by Customer Support and my rating was restored, but I'll never get my time back for the work that I had put in, or the payment! 

Today's dilemma? Dealing with a buyer who is using a fraudulent 'purchased' account. They've essentially taken all of 30 minutes to look over a 10,000 word book, declaring that it is garbage and that there is nothing I can do to fix it. Incredible! 🤣 Looking at their reviews, they are all replications from either the same person, or containing similar wording. Can you say 'fake account!?' So what they've done is pay for an order, decline delivery under the false pretense that I didn't deliver on the proverbial goods, and they're probably going to sell it. Or worse - they were commissioned by someone else under a separate seller account, and they're trying to sub-contract the work when they can't even afford to. Utter nonsense.

Sellers are stuck between a rock and a hard place, I tell you. 

Archived