The Fiverr Gig Promotion. How it works? And why no support?

zaman69

Question

I have been level 2 seller and successfully selling services on Fiverr. But for some reason suddenly I lost my Gig ranked. But luckily I got the Gig Promotional Function.

But there is no hope with Gig promotion. I first spend my $10 Gift. Than Spend my own money via card like $25 and 80 clicks. But get $0 revenue. No orders. 

I am not sure, my Promotional Gig displaying on which category or tags. My service is specific on Divi Landing page design or Divi Website. But the clients knock me for speed optimization, issue fixing, setup slider etc. Just today I got a message from a client who needs mockup for his digital product!

So why I am getting wrong conversion? We have no choice to select any category or tag on the Promotion control panel or why not automatic via Gig Description? And we are Paying Fiverr, so why there is no support for promotion? I mean no Topic to open a ticket. 

Hope Fiverr support will take a necessary step to make a better experience for the Seller.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Promoted Gigs isn't guaranteed to just get you a bunch of orders. You have to bid a good amount, which will hopefully push your gig further up in the search results. And you only pay when someone clicks on your gigs, so since you've paid $35 so far, people have actually clicked on your Promoted Gig.

According to the Promoted Gig TOS: "Furthermore, we cannot promise that an Ad will be clicked, nor that if the Ad is clicked, that the Promoted Gig will be purchased."

2 hours ago, krheate said:

Promoted Gigs isn't guaranteed to just get you a bunch of orders. You have to bid a good amount, which will hopefully push your gig further up in the search results. And you only pay when someone clicks on your gigs, so since you've paid $35 so far, people have actually clicked on your Promoted Gig.

According to the Promoted Gig TOS: "Furthermore, we cannot promise that an Ad will be clicked, nor that if the Ad is clicked, that the Promoted Gig will be purchased."

Thank for your kind response. My question was why I am getting wrong client. When my Gig was in Ranked I got about 99% of targeted clients that service I provide. But now with promotion, order is so far even they knock what is not relevant to my gig. 

It doesn't require every client should purchase my services. My point is at least display my Gig to the right customer. I have checked the knowledge of Promotion Gig. When I practically doing and spending money then....  

My remaining question.

• Why Gig Promotion doesn't have more control to get targeting client.
  • Why they don't have customer support on Gig promotion when we are paying Fiverr.

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

https://www.fiverr.com/content/promoted-gigs-webinar

Here is the link to a webinar from fiverr about promoted gig feature and how it works.

it is very informative and will answer a lot of your questions. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been trying the promotion from last year. So I am already in practical. 

Anyway thanks again. 

7 hours ago, zaman69 said:

I have been level 2 seller and successfully selling services on Fiverr. But for some reason suddenly I lost my Gig ranked. But luckily I got the Gig Promotional Function.

But there is no hope with Gig promotion. I first spend my $10 Gift. Than Spend my own money via card like $25 and 80 clicks. But get $0 revenue. No orders. 

I am not sure, my Promotional Gig displaying on which category or tags. My service is specific on Divi Landing page design or Divi Website. But the clients knock me for speed optimization, issue fixing, setup slider etc. Just today I got a message from a client who needs mockup for his digital product!

So why I am getting wrong conversion? We have no choice to select any category or tag on the Promotion control panel or why not automatic via Gig Description? And we are Paying Fiverr, so why there is no support for promotion? I mean no Topic to open a ticket. 

Hope Fiverr support will take a necessary step to make a better experience for the Seller.

Hope you find the answer you want here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729698-Optimizing-your-Promoted-Gig-Performance-Review-?segment=seller

1 hour ago, zaman69 said:

Why Gig Promotion doesn't have more control to get targeting client.

They might add these more detailed features later, as Promoted Gigs is still pretty new.

1 hour ago, zaman69 said:

Why they don't have customer support on Gig promotion when we are paying Fiverr.

You can contact CS- there shouldn't be a problem with that. And you have the choice of disabling Promoted Gigs if it's not working out for you.

13 hours ago, zaman69 said:

But now with promotion, order is so far even they knock what is not relevant to my gig. 

I don’t think it’s because if promoted feature. You’ll see from webinar that promoted feature is built on top of your gigs and not separate from your gigs. So I assume it will be using tags that you use in your gigs and will be based on the overall performance of your gig, not as a separate feature 

Archived