Combining two separate services

afarigh

Question

If you receive an inquiry from a buyer and they ask for services which is a combination of two separate gigs, can you make a custom offer including both the services in a single offer?

Say you are offering logo design and brand identity as two separate gigs. Now, if you get an inquiry to have both the services, do you ask the buyer to order separately from each gig or can you make a custom offer within one gig for both the services?

Does this violate TOS in any way?

6 answers to this question

Hey there! I don't think there's a problem with that. I doubled checked Fiverr's ToS to see if I'm not giving false information and in it they state;

"Custom Offers are defined by the Seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service." 

So I interpret this as long as your gig and the service you describe in the custom offer do not violate the ToS nor the Community Standards, you're good to go I believe! You can however start thinking about a gig where you combine these two services, since there is apparently a demand for it. You can frame it as a sort of 'full package' deal, where buyers don't have to either look for separate sellers for these services or run into this problem themselves (e.g. questioning if they have to order separately or not)

But here are the links to Fiverr's ToS and Community Standards so you can double check yourself:
Community Standards
Terms of Service

Hope this helps! 😄 

28 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

So I interpret this as long as your gig and the service you describe in the custom offer do not violate the ToS nor the Community Standards, you're good to go I believe!

Do you mean to say we can offer services beyond the scope of work stated in our gigs, using a custom offer?

Yeah you can, that's what custom offers are for luckily! If you could only offer what you mention in your packages, a lot of buyers could not use Fiverr since some have very specific demands. Let me give you a concrete example what I've experienced myself. I offer to write poetry and my Premium package includes a total of around 68 lines. But I've had buyers who wanted for example 100 lines. They inbox me with their details and based on this information, I can send a custom offer describing the wanted service (to ensure the buyer as well as Fiverr that I will deliver accordingly) for the appropriate price which is evidently higher than my Premium package. 

2 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

If you could only offer what you mention in your packages, a lot of buyers could not use Fiverr since some have very specific demands.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by beyond scope of work.

For example, if you are offering logo design, can you offer writing poetry as a custom offer?

Oh I apologize! But that's what I tried mentioning in the post above. If you offer both services separately on your profile, based on what I read in the ToS and Community guidelines I think it's okay to combine them in a custom offer. 

But in order to be sure, it's always smart to just contact CS 

Nope, that's not against the TOS! I would just pick one of the gigs and send a custom offer for that one. 

I've done work that wasn't in any of my gigs (but it was still something I could do), so I just tried to pick the most relevant gig, and then I sent the buyer a custom offer.

Just make sure to clearly describe what's being offered in the custom offer description.

Archived