Buyer using revisions simply to get extra time to approve order...

mattstaples

Question

Hi all. 

I'm sure that this has been covered before, but I couldn't find a related topic. 

I have a recent repeat customer, she's perfectly friendly and hasn't caused any actual problems, but she keeps putting my articles into revision simply to give her more time to read them. (These are 1200-1500 articles, nothing major). 

I've read elsewhere that the "late" status applied isn't something to worry about and I've seen suggestions that I simply slightly revise the work and redeliver it. Obviously I want to keep good customer relations, so is it worth having a firm word and saying that's not what revisions are for, or do I have to just suck it up and re-deliver the work in a day or two? 

Sadly, I suspect the latter is the only real option I have and I'm just grumbling for the sake of it...

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Matt

2 answers to this question

This is indeed something frequently discussed on the forums, and though there are commonalities it's not a question that has one singular answer.

In your situation, specifically, maybe talk to this client about specific delivery dates? For example, if your client only ever reviews the delivery on weekends, then make an agreement between the two of you, that you'll make your deliveries on Thursdays or Fridays (depending on your and their time zones). 

This is just brainstorming of a possible idea, though, and if you've more details that change the circumstances, then this suggestion might not work.

Archived