What to do when: Buyer Threatens to report to the police and use inappropriate words?

amirshah_

Question

Few days back I got an order from an buyerr. I did a great job in $5 and he got really happy. He came to me once again to migrate the sites to new host. At first he asked me to transfer only one site but due to server issues, he asked to migrate all of the 10 sites(including php CI, WordPress, Laravel). There were other code bug fixes as well. My basic gig price is just $5 and I migrated 5 of the sites in advance as old client courtesy. and then I asked him to start an order for the work. I mentioned my budgets($75 including the 10 sites migration and also for bug fixes). He said he has budget only of $50. I said I can not go less then $60. We did not agree on the price and he left without even paying me for the work. Some of his sites got deleted or hacked due to some server issues and he came back and blamed me for things which I had no part in it. He kept on threating me. He threatened me by lodging a police report and used the words like Di** and F**k, called me liar, and lousy man.  I asked him to calm down and offered my help and asked to co-operate but he did not. He kept on blaming me for the things. Can anyone suggest what to do in this scenario? for $5 work I got nothing but the inappropriate words. Did I deserve that?

s1.jpg

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

6 answers to this question

Fiverr doesn’t take actions unless you did violate fiverr TOS. I don’t see you being impolite or rude to that person and that’s why you have to report him right away. This behaviour should not be tolerated. 
if you delivered everything as discussed and agreed and attached proof of delivery in your gig delivery then you have nothing to worry about. 

Stop communicating with him right away and report that to fiverr CS with screenshots

any unprofessional behaviour and name calling is not allowed on this platform. 

he can’t get police involved and definitely not for 5$ job for international investigation. It’s an empty threat. 

5 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Stop communicating with him right away and report that to fiverr CS with screenshots

he can’t get police involved and definitely not for 5$ job for international investigation. It’s an empty threat. 

I just want to raise concern here that sellers have self respect as well. Just for $5 he called me with multiple names which I did not deserve. I just do not want to get a warning on my account for the $5 client. He probably will report me. What could be the consequences?

9 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr doesn’t take actions unless you did violate fiverr TOS. I don’t see you being impolite or rude to that person and that’s why you have to report him right away. This behaviour should not be tolerated. 
if you delivered everything as discussed and agreed and attached proof of delivery in your gig delivery then you have nothing to worry about. 

He had only one order with me and that was just $5(completed and rated 5*). For the previous work we did not agree on the price. In return he reported me to the Fiverr. Lets hope Fiverr support take this action on top priority.

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I got an message from the buyer and said" you've been instructed to install my websites, is that true?". He is asking me to do the work. I just checked my customer support ticket and there was no such request. Why he is using the fiverr name for the unpaid work?

Can someone please mention any Fiverr customer Support Directly here? Please

Screenshot_21.jpg

4 minutes ago, amirshah_ said:

Can someone please mention any Fiverr customer Support Directly here?

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. I doubt fiverr CS comes here to resolve issues. 

5 minutes ago, amirshah_ said:

you've been instructed to install my websites

He might’ve contacted CS and they might’ve told him to resolve it with you. 

I would advice you to not communicate with him at all until you will get response on your ticket. 
but please make it clear for CS that he is asking for free unpaid work. 

Archived