How much time does it takes to complete rotation?

abdulla23759

Question

Hi guys, 

Actually I need your experience about gig rotation. For example if my gig is on 1st page and due to gig rotation my gig disappears so how much time it may take for the gig to come back to the first page? What is your experience about this? Have you ever noticed of how much time your gigs took? 

Thanks 

9 answers to this question

There is no set ranking or position in the Fiverr search system. As a result, gigs move around frequently, according to a wide variety of factors. Every user will see different search results, so your gig might show up on page one for one user, and page 13 for another. It all depends upon how well your gig matches to the algorithm's determination of your gig's solution to any searcher's needs.

Because of this search format, you are best not worrying about where you see your gig in the results.... What you see, is not what everyone else sees.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:30 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Gig rotation is not an official thing and just an assumption from forum users. 

Though it's mentioned in the help at:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

a Gig's position is based on the seller’s performance over a set period. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily.

There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include:

Order cancellations
Delivery rate
Responsiveness
The particular Gig’s maximum number of active orders in the queue, as based on your seller level.  
Other Gigs performing at a higher rate.

Though they might just mean "change position" rather than move to the back/a lower position and move back up. Maybe they should clarify what they mean by it.

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though it's mentioned in the help at:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Though they might just mean "change position" rather than move to the back/a lower position and move back up. Maybe they should clarify what they mean by it.

"There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include:

Order cancellations
Delivery rate
Responsiveness
The particular Gig’s maximum number of active orders in the queue, as based on your seller level.  
Other Gigs performing at a higher rate"

These factors you mentioned above are very valuable points, worthy of note. Thank you for educating some of us. We value your contributions. 👍👍

1 hour ago, jonbaas said:

There is no set ranking or position in the Fiverr search system. As a result, gigs move around frequently, according to a wide variety of factors. Every user will see different search results, so your gig might show up on page one for one user, and page 13 for another. It all depends upon how well your gig matches to the algorithm's determination of your gig's solution to any searcher's needs.

Because of this search format, you are best not worrying about where you see your gig in the results.... What you see, is not what everyone else sees.

"Every user will see different search results, so your gig might show up on page one for one user, and page 13 for another".

Thanks for this elucidation, I was thinking everyone that searches, sees the same specific gig in same specific position or page that another person sees it too. I never knew a gig may show up on page one for one person and same gig then shows up on page 13 for another, as you said. Quite interesting. 

1 hour ago, beenkay1 said:

I never knew a gig may show up on page one for one person and same gig then shows up on page 13 for another, as you said. Quite interesting. 

Though see this post:

There the same search was done ("backlinks") by 2 different people (maybe with browser in incognito mode) and while the positions on the page of the gigs were different, the same 3 gigs that were shown at the top for one person got shown on the same page for both people.

Here's another link where (roughly?) the same gigs got shown for different people with the same search on the same page (maybe not the same positions on the page):

If a gig is sent to a low position for a search term because of multiple cancellations/late deliveries I think it will probably be at a low position for many users for the same search term.

So though it might be the case that you could have it on page 13 for one and page 1 for another (though maybe that's if they're logged in/not in incognito mode and maybe past purchases/searches being taken into account), for other users they get shown on about the same page for both and probably similar positions, and I'd imagine that's more likely to normally be the case than them being on very different pages for different users.

Archived