dealing with a returning difficult customers.

mauvinezohor205

hello,

recently one customer who was difficult to serve, as he talk unrelated things too much, doesnot give enough direction, and bargained a lot about the price, recently comes back and trying to do another work with me. this time he also bargained but at last he agreed to pay a little bit more. in the previous order,  his demand was not enough for the job. he didnot notify me before placing the previous order, so for the cancellation problem i had to complete it. but now he is here again, but  he agreed to pay a little bit more which also lower than the general price!, now he is messaging  me for couple of days. he didnot know yet what he wants, didnot place any order, didnot give me any requirements, but in the naming of "giving me direction", he is saying uncertain things, showing various examples of the work which do not relate to each other, , and messaging me everyday. i have to serve other customers, but  it seems to me he is pretty much wasting my time.

he said my directions are vague and negotiation is not good, which he said when i didnot agreed to do his work at a low wage!  . i am loosing interest.

my question is what can i do in this situation? and i tried to say no before, but he is saying , as i served him before, it will be easier to work with me, and i cant leave him like this. i dont know what to do? i am a new seller, and i am afraid what if he reports me. or gives a poor rating! please help me here. thank you so much.

ps:i didnot use any hard language against him and tried to handle everything being polite and gentle!

If he hasn't placed any order yet you don't need to worry about your cancellation rate, Just block him as @francescaabb said !

He would still be able to place an order though but you know what, he has to pay the amount of the actual gig and you don't have to accept bargain thing any more !

In case he places smaller amount of order and asks for lot of things, Just ask him to add extras or inform fiver CS about that and they will cancel the order on behalf of you the way it wont hurt your cancellation rate !

If you actually don't want to work with him any more and it costs you your mental peace, just let him go !

2 hours ago, surajrenuka said:

If he hasn't placed any order yet you don't need to worry about your cancellation rate, Just block him as @francescaabb said !

He would still be able to place an order though but you know what, he has to pay the amount of the actual gig and you don't have to accept bargain thing any more !

In case he places smaller amount of order and asks for lot of things, Just ask him to add extras or inform fiver CS about that and they will cancel the order on behalf of you the way it wont hurt your cancellation rate !

If you actually don't want to work with him any more and it costs you your mental peace, just let him go !

THANK YOU.

I've had clients like this before. They are the type who only want to pay as low as possible while asking for too much. These are the type of clients you don't want to handle.

if you're a new seller, my suggestion is just carry on, since completed orders and revenue are factors that will increase your ratings as a seller. Once you get more customers, you can always block him right after the work is completed.

And when your ratings are increased, you should increase your price as well. Low cost attracts low quality clients. Low quality clients will ask you for so much and will only pay you for so low. 

1 hour ago, robimaulana said:

I've had clients like this before. They are the type who only want to pay as low as possible while asking for too much. These are the type of clients you don't want to handle.

if you're a new seller, my suggestion is just carry on, since completed orders and revenue are factors that will increase your ratings as a seller. Once you get more customers, you can always block him right after the work is completed.

And when your ratings are increased, you should increase your price as well. Low cost attracts low quality clients. Low quality clients will ask you for so much and will only pay you for so low. 

thank you for your comment.yes, i totally agree on that, i had some clients who offered a lot of money even tipped me for the service where their work was pretty decent , not even asked for revision sometimes. and the buyers who asked for the service at low rate, some of them, suffered me the most, from the bargaining to the services, which are  not to be included at that price.

Fiverr understands that you are a human. They also know that you're not meant to work with everyone. If for any reason you are not comfortable with any buyer, you have the right to tell them, "sorry, I can't work with you at this time." No one will charge you for that. I have turned down a lot of buyers when I perceive trouble. They won't even report you. Report for what? Your mental health matters too. Don't let anyone drag you beyond your elastic limits. Cheers!

Archived