I have hired a developer to create code for me. I have already paid. He will not give me documentation on the code.

michaelacross

Question

He has put so many timeouts in the code that is functionality is affected horrible. When asking to provide documentation he became very loud and rude. And accused me or being abusive to him. I am not sure what recourse I have as I have already paid for the horrible code?

timeouts.png

5 answers to this question

I have reache out. But I have already paid. He is saying that he code was changed? Everytime I approach this developer I get no results. He only says I am lying or being rude to him. But he has taken my $95 and will not even provide documentation. I my coding environment any code that is placed there is timestamped and versioned. I can show that no changes were  made to his code. 

havetorefresh.png

horribleInDifferentViewPort.png

32 minutes ago, michaelacross said:

But he has taken my $95 and will not even provide documentation.

There may be a strong possibility of a refund if ever he doesn't deliver what is asked and discussed. However Customer Support will be the only one to initiate since refunds typically happen between buyer and seller. Customer Support intervenes when a decision cannot be made between buyer and seller. Just present all evidence to Customer Support (and I assume you did since you mentioned you reached out). 

1 hour ago, michaelacross said:

He has put so many timeouts in the code that is functionality is affected horrible. When asking to provide documentation he became very loud and rude. And accused me or being abusive to him. I am not sure what recourse I have as I have already paid for the horrible code?

Very sad to read your message. In this situation only help center give you solution. 

Archived