Buyer want to cancel the order after completion

muddassarnazar1

Question

Hey everyone , please i need your help, 

One of the buyer placed an order, i have worked on it for 3-4 days, we had two revisions and finally he was happy with work,he asked for some renders in the chat and i send him, then suddenly he asked for cancellation the order ( i think he got the work in chat ) so now he want to cancel the order and get the money back.

I declined his request and told him that how can you want to cancel the order when the work is completed. 

Then he didn't answer and he contacted the customer support, and customer support recommend him to complete the orde.

Now if i deliever the work surely he will give me 1 star rating, and it will ruin my rating,

What should i do? 

Should i cancel the order or deliever the work.

Note: i have 5 star rating for all the completed orders till now

13 answers to this question

Just now, muddassarnazar1 said:

(Actually he got the required work in chat) i was my mistake that i have send him full quality work in chat.

Chat as in the order page or chat the main conversation chat? Anyhow, he may still actually use the work if there's no watermark on it. But anyhow, just make a decision that you feel is best for you! 

Contact With Fiverr support team  with your problem. And tell the truth, Sure Fiverr support will help  you, Otherwise  if fiverr support cann't help  you then they  will try to exclude this cancellation from your stats, but remember you need to be honest then Fiverr CS can help  you. Have a nice day!!!

Did you try asking him again why he wanted to cancel the order? If you deliver it, I think he will argue to the end about wanting the order cancelled. Anyhow, if in worst case scenario, you do get a 1 star rating, your average rating will become 4.8 from 5.0 which is generally okay (because 4.7 rating is the requirement).

If I was in your place, I would just cancel the order. Especially as good ratings are quite important while starting and gaining levels. You've done great work so far with 19 rated orders, all 5.0

But if you feel like your time spent needs to be justified and you want to stand for it, then you should deliver the order. But prepared to face any consequences or hurdles to get that settled with the buyer.

I have asked the reason of cancellation of order but he is not responding, he just send me a request the the quality of work is poor, but he was happy with the work and appreciating me, but i have send him some original images in chat and after some time he send me cancellation request

1 minute ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

he just send me a request the the quality of work is poor, but he was happy with the work and appreciating me

He was happy with the quality of work that is poor? I don't understand this.

1 minute ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

Yes, its 100$ and i have work alot on his work, but i would also like to prefer good rating over money.

You have your answer, just cancel the order. He already mentioned earlier the quality of work is poor, that will likely lead to a negative review.

Yes he was happy with work, but when i had send him original work in chat instead of deliever, then his mind changed suddenly and ask me for cancellation of order.

(Actually he got the required work in chat) i was my mistake that i have send him full quality work in chat. But it was all about trust. 

1 hour ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

I declined his request and told him that how can you want to cancel the order when the work is completed. 

Then he didn't answer and he contacted the customer support, and customer support recommend him to complete the orde.

Now if i deliever the work surely he will give me 1 star rating, and it will ruin my rating,

What should i do? 

Should i cancel the order or deliever the work.

Welcome to Fiverr Community Forum!

The order will not be canceled with the help of support if you have done the work of the buyer properly but if the buyer is dissatisfied with you then he can give bad review. This is too bad for your profile. I think it is better to cancel the order than to get a bad review. Because the cancellation of an order will have an effect of 60 days. But a bad review will stay on your profile for a lifetime. Now the decision is yours. Best luck to you 🙂

Thanks.

1 hour ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

52 minutes ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

But it was all about trust. 

48 minutes ago, muddassarnazar1 said:

i just trusted him.

Oh dear...

You delivered the order without doing it in the proper "Submit Delivery" interface on the order page, the buyer grabbed the files, and now wants to cancel the order and leave you high and dry.

You answered it yourself that avoiding a negative review is more important to you than receiving payment, so your course of action is clear.

Blind trust virtually never leads to anything good. Hopefully, a bit more caution in future orders will help you avoid similar situations.

Archived