Promoted Gigs Is Great- When They Let You Promote Your Gigs

I spent $17.95 promoting my gigs with Fiverr, and got $195 in revenues. That's a great ROI. 

What isn't great is that at any time, Fiverr can decide not to promote your gigs.  

This is like going to McDonalds and being told you can't buy a burger. 

Why is Fiverr doing this? Do they hate money? 

My order completion rate is 98% (one refund)

My overall rating is 4.7

Yet all my gigs are unpromotable, even the ones rated at 4.9.

I asked customer service what I'm doing wrong, and they told me not to worry, that it's all about the algorithm, and that in the future, my gigs will become promotable again. 

What's your experience with promoted gigs? 

gig cannot be promoted.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 8.28.37 PM.png

• Like 33
  • Sad 3

Yes, when your any gig disqualified then your whole account gigs consider as disqualified and disappear from Search and also disappear from category.

It's you can say big bug at Fiverr end, but they don't know.  

Many sellers facing this issue, all gigs even return after long time when gig qualified for Promo feature.

So no solution for this.

• Like 21
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fastcopywriter said:

I asked customer service what I'm doing wrong, and they told me not to worry, that it's all about the algorithm, and that in the future, my gigs will become promotable again.

I see, thanks for sharing. Fiverr rotates promotable gigs as well. Lol

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, theratypist said:

I see, thanks for sharing. Fiverr rotates promotable gigs as well

It makes sense too. Google doesn't serve you only ads on the search page either. 

If so many people would use the promoting option all the time, they'd probably only have promoted gigs showing everywhere, which isn't a good look, same as "Fiverr's Choice", they "rotate" that badge, too, even if it's doubtful that a Gig that was a good choice last week, isn't anymore today, generally.

• Like 22
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, miiila said:

It makes sense too. Google doesn't serve you only ads on the search page either. 

True! Now if only those unfamiliar with gig rotation (on the regular gigs), could get an automatic message when they're about to post "How 2 rank 1st page???"

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 6:35 AM, fastcopywriter said:

I spent $17.95 promoting my gigs with Fiverr, and got $195 in revenues. That's a great ROI. 

What isn't great is that at any time, Fiverr can decide not to promote your gigs.  

This is like going to McDonalds and being told you can't buy a burger. 

Why is Fiverr doing this? Do they hate money? 

My order completion rate is 98% (one refund)

My overall rating is 4.7

Yet all my gigs are unpromotable, even the ones rated at 4.9.

Having absolutely same situation with an overall rating 4.9.  Order completion 93%. What are you doing? I cannot find any solution to this. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, kasi2018 said:

Having absolutely same situation with an overall rating 4.9.  Order completion 93%. What are you doing? I cannot find any solution to this. 

I'm just waiting for orders from search, but my situation is terrible.

In May, I made a daily average of $17, in June, I'm down to $8. 

When your gigs are promoted, you're also more likely to get non-promoted orders. You start getting orders, rank higher, people are more likely to order. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 3

6 days ago I got the message saying that my gigs can be promoted again. And instantly I got 900% more orders and messages, but not from the promoted gigs feature. I got only impressions from that one.

And today I got a message saying my gigs can't be promoted anymore. Less than a week is a new record for me. It has always been more than a week before.

It has been three times now. Gigs are on front page when they are eligible (Even if not opt-ingin to promotion), and vanish to last pages when not eligible. But I did receive some messages from new people still after receiving the notification of unqualification today, so I can't yet confirm if it's always the case. My stats are almost perfect and response time under an hour, so that's not the case.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

I think the impression rate is really low for a paid service. In 12 days I have had only 233 impressions and 11 clicks, even putting a value much higher than recommended. I think that Fiverr should adjust some things about this new option.

• Like 10

I just don't understand why Fiverr is against making money. Other advertising platforms, like Google and Facebook, only punish you for clear rule violations. Maybe you clicked on your own ads, or you advertised prohibited items, or you engaged in fraud. 

Fiverr is banning us for getting a 4-star review, refunding one order, small stuff like that. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, fastcopywriter said:

Fiverr is banning us for getting a 4-star review, refunding one order, small stuff like that. 

Yes I agree with you because I have canceled one order only in 2020 and become unqualified of the promoted gigs feature with 5 months and now the feature work with me from April and I have got 4 orders until now in 2021 and the impressions is slowly 2 or 4 or 6 in the day, comparison in 2020

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

The most selling gig among your other gigs can be selected for promoted gigs then becuase there is a competition again as others have promoted gigs as well then competition matter. Good performance of your promoted gig keep it on promoted gigs.

• Like 6

On 6/28/2021 at 6:35 AM, fastcopywriter said:

I want to Promote my gigs but i can't get this option on my deshboard

• Like 5

On 7/2/2021 at 2:46 AM, adsensewizard said:

6 days ago I got the message saying that my gigs can be promoted again. And instantly I got 900% more orders and messages, but not from the promoted gigs feature. I got only impressions from that one.

And today I got a message saying my gigs can't be promoted anymore. Less than a week is a new record for me. It has always been more than a week before.

It has been three times now. Gigs are on front page when they are eligible (Even if not opt-ingin to promotion), and vanish to last pages when not eligible. But I did receive some messages from new people still after receiving the notification of unqualification today, so I can't yet confirm if it's always the case. My stats are almost perfect and response time under an hour, so that's not the case.

When you got your unqualified / not able to use promoted gig, how long it takes for you to be able to use promoted gig section again?

• Like 5

On 7/1/2021 at 2:41 PM, maezma85 said:

I think the impression rate is really low for a paid service.

It may be, but with each impression you are in one of the top 4 positions on the search page. If you are there you do not need as many impressions. 

• Like 8

On 6/30/2021 at 8:36 AM, kasi2018 said:

My stats are perfect , everything at 100% and it happens to me as well . Nothing to worry about most likely it will return .. Anyway to be honest I haven't had too much success with promoted gigs.. It was a great at the beginning but after that I had months where I spent 300$ and got around 800$ in return ( minus taxes ) 

• Like 7

On 7/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, fastcopywriter said:

I think you are not really reading what they are saying. They did not say anything about refunding an order, they did say that "the QUALITY of you gig, falls short of others."  I'm invoking the spirit of @frank_d for a comment, but I suspect this was driven by someone leaving bad comments in the private review to fiverr. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, fastcopywriter said:

mods, not sure why this posted 5 times, please remove extras.

Thanks

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, newsmike said:

"the QUALITY of you gig, falls short of others."

this is only something very standard , my stats are 100% perfect and it happened to me as well , it doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the gig to be honest ... In the past 6 months I cancelled 2 or 3 orders that I received through promoted gigs... completed around 175  . 3 out of 175 orders cancelled doesn't mean anything especially when it actually was the buyers fault .

I suspect that this is because I added a new gig , involving aerial videos . I was paying around 0.05$ / click and I had many clicks on that gig but 0 sales because it's not very popular at the moment on Fiverr .. not sure how many buyers are interested in drone videos at the moment here..  So it's probably something automated , if you received too many clicks and 0 sales they probably temporary unqualify your gigs , I can't think of other reasons .. so note to self , ONLY promote the best selling gig and maybe one two others that can easily make sales 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

my stats are 100% perfect and it happened to me as well

That's unfortunate.  They should be very clear when offering reasons for taking such an action. It would be helpful to know what to avoid going forward. 

• Like 7

On 7/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, cre8iveartwork said:

My stats are perfect , everything at 100% and it happens to me as well . Nothing to worry about most likely it will return .. Anyway to be honest I haven't had too much success with promoted gigs.. It was a great at the beginning but after that I had months where I spent 300$ and got around 800$ in return ( minus taxes ) 

When you lost your promoted gig features, how long it takes before it comes back?

I am getting the same situation and wait for it to come back, cause for me, promoted gigs works especially when my gig rank is not on the top page again.

Thank you for sharing with us.

• Like 6

On 6/28/2021 at 6:21 AM, rolls_gul said:

Yes, when your any gig disqualified then your whole account gigs consider as disqualified and disappear from Search and also disappear from category.

It's you can say big bug at Fiverr end, but they don't know.  

Many sellers facing this issue, all gigs even return after long time when gig qualified for Promo feature.

So no solution for this.

Thank you for your information 😊

• Like 3